Author Topic: The Inevitable Death of Gun Control  (Read 925 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
The Inevitable Death of Gun Control
« on: July 31, 2018, 02:50:59 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: The Inevitable Death of Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »
Pennsylvania blocked the plans for the 3d printed gun. The other machine sells quite well from what I've heard and does a great job holding dimensions.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 09:04:53 PM »
seems like a lot of trouble to print a gun. Just go to a Texas honky tonk on any given Saturday night and bust out the window of any 4X4 truck and reach under the driver seat. It's that easy

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 03:35:24 AM »
Having an unregistered gun (where required) will still be illegal.

Any homemade, unregistered gun would be illegal.  If you get caught you are in trouble.

The gov't just outlaws 3D guns and you have another law on the books.

Yes, you could make your own just like you could now go to a gun show and buy one.

Not sure why 3D guns would make a difference.

Most of the whackjobs usually have legally acquired guns anyway.

I'm waiting for this...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 05:04:52 PM »
Having an unregistered gun (where required) will still be illegal.

Any homemade, unregistered gun would be illegal.  If you get caught you are in trouble.

The gov't just outlaws 3D guns and you have another law on the books.

Yes, you could make your own just like you could now go to a gun show and buy one.

Not sure why 3D guns would make a difference.

Most of the whackjobs usually have legally acquired guns anyway.

I'm waiting for this...

How many people with homemade guns do you suppose are caught? Of those how many do you think actually face charges?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 10:50:41 PM »
seems like a lot of trouble to print a gun. Just go to a Texas honky tonk on any given Saturday night and bust out the window of any 4X4 truck and reach under the driver seat. It's that easy
Printing a gun is a lot more fun. There is a certain amount of satisfaction derived from making your own shit. I could see this being a very fun hobby testing out new shit. Busting out a window could be an easy way to be arrested or shot by someone pissed off. Not very smart are you??  ???

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 03:58:59 AM »
How many people with homemade guns do you suppose are caught? Of those how many do you think actually face charges?

There are hardly any homemade guns out there I would think.

If they become common they'd show up in crimes or traffic stops like any other unregistered, illegally possessed firearm.

In some states you get royally f***ed if you are caught with an illegal or unlicensed gun. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 02:13:23 PM »
Plans are already out there, same as the fact that millions of guns are already out there. Why do these self absorbed politicians think passing a law will change what already is?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 02:19:43 PM »

If they become common they'd show up in crimes or traffic stops like any other unregistered, illegally possessed firearm.

In some states you get royally f***ed if you are caught with an illegal or unlicensed gun. 

Can't recall recovering a homemade gun in 24 plus years. Doesn't mean one wasn't by another officer but like you, I don't think they are that common. Too easy to access a stolen or cheap manufactured gun. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 06:21:19 PM »

Maybe we have different definitions of homemade?

Can't recall recovering a homemade gun in 24 plus years. Doesn't mean one wasn't by another officer but like you, I don't think they are that common. Too easy to access a stolen or cheap manufactured gun. 
How often did you come across undocumented guns?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 08:55:25 PM »
Maybe we have different definitions of homemade?
How often did you come across undocumented guns?

I really can't speak on undocumented. There wasn't a requirement to register guns. Most guns were considered I suppose undocumented. The only information we would get is if a gun was reported stolen via it's serial number. And a gun with a filed serial number is illegal. Had a few of those but not many.   

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 11:05:05 PM »
The whole argument is stupid when you can make something that will shoot a bullet with a pipe and a few tools.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 11:57:00 PM »
I recall zip guns when growing up in NYC. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 05:19:49 PM »
I really can't speak on undocumented. There wasn't a requirement to register guns. Most guns were considered I suppose undocumented. The only information we would get is if a gun was reported stolen via it's serial number. And a gun with a filed serial number is illegal. Had a few of those but not many.   
I'm just saying, there are tons of guys, even in CA and I know some in TX, that make their own guns from 80% lowers or even milling from scratch. How many of those illegal, undocumented, homemade guns have been found involved in crimes? Yet CA law has essentially made it illegal to build your own gun without registering through the state.

I recall zip guns when growing up in NYC. 
I still might have a manual around here somewhere. Lol
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!