Author Topic: Trump praised as 'pro-black' at White House prison reform event  (Read 1485 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
“This is probably going to be... the most pro-black president I’ve seen in my lifetime,” said Pastor Darrell Scott, a supporter of the president.

WASHINGTON — President Trump focused on efforts to reform the prison system Wednesday, meeting with faith leaders and lawmakers at the White House.

In a roundtable discussion with nearly 20 inner city pastors and faith leaders, Trump touted a low unemployment rate and booming economy that he said would make it easier for former prisoners to reintegrate into society.

“We have passed the First Step Act through the House and we are working to pass that into law, and I think we’ll be able to do it. When we say 'hire American,' we mean all Americans,” the president told a group that included Trump supporters Paul White-Cain, Alveda King and Pastor Darrell Scott, along with celebrity pastor John Gray. White House chief of staff General John Kelly and son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner were also present.

The House passed the bipartisan prison reform bill in May.

Following Wednesday's event, Trump met with a group of lawmakers to discuss the issue. The group, which met behind closed doors, included GOP prison and sentencing reform advocates such as Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.)

The largely pro-Trump group present at the public event praised the president for his efforts on criminal justice reform and the economy. "This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime," said Scott, a Trump surrogate during the 2016 campaign.

"This president actually wants to prove something to our community, our faith-based community and our ethnic community. The last president didn’t feel like he had to. He got a pass,” he added, referring to President Obama. “This is probably going to be... the most pro-black president I’ve seen in my lifetime.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna896526

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Trump praised as 'pro-black' at White House prison reform event
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 11:07:16 AM »
Most of the people calling Trump a racist are white liberals who live in areas where there are very few blacks. No offense, Prime, Agnostic & Straw😉

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 02:37:10 PM »
Most of the people calling Trump a racist are white liberals who live in areas where there are very few blacks. No offense, Prime, Agnostic & Straw😉

Did you just assume their race? They may identify as a minority. So very coarse.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 02:44:58 PM »

Did you just assume their race? They may identify as a minority. So very coarse.

Yes, primarily because they live in areas well below the national average of blacks. Most of the liberals on get big do.

In fact, almost all of the Hollywood big mouths who are always going on about racism livie in areas that are about 2% black. Look at the demographics for the Hollywood hills.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »
POLL: Black Support For Trump Nearly Doubles Since Last Year

Rasmussen's daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday showed a significant spike in support from the black community, nearly doubling President Trump's support among that demographic from this time last year.

Trump hit a 29% approval rating among blacks, up from just 15% in August of 2017.

Just this week, the president was praised by some black leaders for his initiatives regarding prison reform and his "pro-black" policies. Black unemployment has dropped considerably under Trump, hitting a record low of 5.9% in May.

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime," said Pastor Darrell Scott, an early supporter of Trump's.

"This president actually wants to prove something to our community, our faith-based community and our ethnic community. The last president didn’t feel like he had to. He got a pass," added Scott. "This is probably going to be... the most pro-black president I’ve seen in my lifetime."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailywire.com/news/34001/poll-black-support-trump-nearly-doubles-last-year-amanda-prestigiacomo%3famp

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »

Paul Ryan called him a racist and I'm sure other Republicans have done so as well.

I guess there will always be people like you who don't mind making excuses for a racist.

No offense :D

It always makes me laugh when Trumptards expect us to believe positive polls about Trump (even funnier how those always seem to be Rasmussen) but say all negative polls are false or fake or nonsense.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »
Paul Ryan called him a racist and I'm sure other Republicans have done so as well.

I guess there will always be people like you who don't mind making excuses for a racist.

It always makes me laugh when Trumptards expect us to believe positive polls about Trump (even funnier how those always seem to be Rasmussen) but say all negative polls are false or fake or nonsense.

We really don't give a shit about Paul Ryan. So there's that.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 08:31:15 PM »
 I suspect that many black Americans are seeing through the fog and realizing that he's not Hitler reincarnated.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 09:04:28 PM »

Odd... the people saying "See, blacks like him" are the same people who in other posts say how stupid Hebrews are... I wish they would make up their minds

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 10:08:12 PM »
Very interesting. Now if Trump just refrained from making any future racists remarks, Darrel Scott wouldn't look like a total suck up.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 10:20:25 PM »
Very interesting. Now if Trump just refrained from making any future racists remarks, Darrel Scott wouldn't look like a total suck up.

What “racist” remarks?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 10:33:39 PM »
What “racist” remarks?

and he serves up a soft ball for Prime

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 01:58:21 AM »

wrong...very few blacks.. is incorrect... its zero.... if there is they are whitewashed and are normal American citizens.
real men= no rubbers

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 02:00:07 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-racism-remarks-20180111-htmlstory.html

i clicked on your link but it said i had to subscribe... im not doing that.. so i saw the headline "shithole".... whats he talking about?
real men= no rubbers

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 07:37:18 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 08:14:01 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-racism-remarks-20180111-htmlstory.html
Well that was a waste of time. A completely opinionated hit piece. Couldn't read past the first paragraph that was factually incorrect.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2018, 11:05:33 AM »

So I'll ask again. What racist remarks? The lefts ONLY defense on anything is creating a sex scandal or playing the racist card. If you don't agree, it's racist. See Maxine Waters or just about any black liberal. Fuck, see "ACLU" for that matter.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »
i clicked on your link but it said i had to subscribe... im not doing that.. so i saw the headline "shithole".... whats he talking about?

Not sure why you're being asked to subscribe. I don't have a subscription and I'm not restricted.....must be my handsome looks.  :D  I'll try to dig this up later. I'm hungry and tired so it's time to stuff my face and retire for the night.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 10:36:28 AM »
So I'll ask again. What racist remarks? The lefts ONLY defense on anything is creating a sex scandal or playing the racist card. If you don't agree, it's racist. See Maxine Waters or just about any black liberal. Fuck, see "ACLU" for that matter.

Trump said the Mexican ancestry of a federal judge born in Indiana should disqualify him from presiding over a fraud lawsuit against Trump because of his proposed border wall. Seems pretty prejudiced to me what about you?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 10:55:21 AM »
Trump said the Mexican ancestry of a federal judge born in Indiana should disqualify him from presiding over a fraud lawsuit against Trump because of his proposed border wall. Seems pretty prejudiced to me what about you?
Do you know the difference between prejudice and racism?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2018, 01:20:24 PM »
Do you know the difference between prejudice and racism?

Why yes, though one is a requirement for the other

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2018, 03:50:33 PM »

Clear cookies from your browsing history.