Author Topic: Chicago  (Read 1993 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Chicago
« on: August 07, 2018, 12:15:09 PM »
74 people shot, 12 fatally, in Chicago over the weekend
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-weekend-violence-20180806-story.html#

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/07/giuliani-slams-chicago-gun-violence-after-weekend-shootings-leave-at-least-11-dead-roughly-70-wounded.html

Police Superintendent EddieJohnson pointed out that homicides are down in the city by roughly 20 percent from last year,  ::) ::) ::) however, Chicago still had more killings than New York and Los Angeles combined.
:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Chicago
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 12:31:13 PM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »
The new liberal mantra is that these areas are both over-policed under-policed. ???

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 01:24:19 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-weekend-violence-20180806-story.html#

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/07/giuliani-slams-chicago-gun-violence-after-weekend-shootings-leave-at-least-11-dead-roughly-70-wounded.html

Police Superintendent EddieJohnson pointed out that homicides are down in the city by roughly 20 percent from last year,  ::) ::) ::) however, Chicago still had more killings than New York and Los Angeles combined.
They should make it illegal to shoot at someone...…….oh wait
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:25:14 PM »

At least 1700 shot and at least 300 murdered in one city and we still have another five months to go.  Crazy. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 03:52:35 AM »
At least 1700 shot and at least 300 murdered in one city and we still have another five months to go.  Crazy. 

They definitely need to pick up the pace.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 04:57:41 AM »

One man deserves the lion’s share of the credit for this: Rudy Giuliani:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/27/nyregion/new-york-city-crime-2017.html

It would have seemed unbelievable in 1990, when there were 2,245 killings in New York City, but as of Wednesday there have been just 286 in the city this year — the lowest since reliable records have been kept.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 03:54:59 PM »

It would have seemed unbelievable in 1990, when there were 2,245 killings in New York City, but as of Wednesday there have been just 286 in the city this year — the lowest since reliable records have been kept.
Didn't he catch a ton of shit over the police racial profiling people in order to bring down the crime?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »

Remarkable turnaround. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 04:25:32 PM »

This.

I moved back to NYC in 1989 after my time in the military.  Crack wars, drug dealers, burglaries (one attempted when I was home), car break-ins, etc.  I used to walk the two miles from my apt to Elmo’s Gym on 158th off Broadway and be harassed by one dealer after another, sometimes several per block.  “Get high before you buy!”

Now Times Square is like Disneyland.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 04:36:17 PM »
Didn't he catch a ton of shit over the police racial profiling people in order to bring down the crime?

Yeah, basically what you’re seeing with Trump now is what we had in New York with Rudy Giuliani back in the day. They used to call him Hitler and paint the mustache on him blah blah blah.

The liberal idea of law-enforcement is to pretend that elderly white women are just as likely to commit violent crimes as young black males. So, anything that doesn’t adhere to that philosophy is deemed racial profiling.

The only reason you’re not seeing similar crime rates in New York City to what you’re seeing in Chicago and elsewhere is because Rudy’s legacy is so strong that the current Democratic leadership is so scared of getting another one like him that they don’t want to fuck with his policies. I remember hearing Michael savage describing conditions in San Francisco and I would always think to myself that city needs a Rudy. It’s even worse there now.

This.

I moved back to NYC in 1989 after my time in the military.  Crack wars, drug dealers, burglaries (one attempted when I was home), car break-ins, etc.  I used to walk the two miles from my apt to Elmo’s Gym on 158th off Broadway and be harassed by one dealer after another, sometimes several per block.  “Get high before you buy!”

Now Times Square is like Disneyland.

There were aggressive panhandlers everywhere and you couldn’t walk down the block without seeing a car with its window broken and the stereo removed.  That a Republican could get elected mayor in New York City tells you how bad things were.

Liberals tried to not give him credit by saying that crime rates were going down across the country as if Times Square would’ve just cleaned itself up. LOL. In fact, when Rudy said he was going to clean up times square, libs said that it was impossible.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 05:10:35 PM »
Yeah, basically what you’re seeing with Trump now is what we had in New York with Rudy Giuliani back in the day. They used to call him Hitler and paint the mustache on him blah blah blah.

The liberal idea of law-enforcement is to pretend that elderly white women are just as likely to commit violent crimes as young black males. So, anything that doesn’t adhere to that philosophy is deemed racial profiling.

The only reason you’re not seeing similar crime rates in New York City to what you’re seeing in Chicago and elsewhere is because Rudy’s legacy is so strong that the current Democratic leadership is so scared of getting another one like him that they don’t want to fuck with his policies. I remember hearing Michael savage describing conditions in San Francisco and I would always think to myself that city needs a Rudy. It’s even worse there now.

There were aggressive panhandlers everywhere and you couldn’t walk down the block without seeing a car with its window broken and the stereo removed.  That a Republican could get elected mayor in New York City tells you how bad things were.

Liberals tried to not give him credit by saying that crime rates were going down across the country as if Times Square would’ve just cleaned itself up. LOL. In fact, when Rudy said he was going to clean up times square, libs said that it was impossible.

Oh, the subway panhandlers, good grief!  One after another passed through the subway cars asking for money. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 07:06:20 PM »
Oh, the subway panhandlers, good grief!  One after another passed through the subway cars asking for money. 

It’s been getting like that again since De Blasio took office. Everywhere you go, you have to keep one eye open for the ever-present smelly, different shoe on each foot wearing, busted Dindu wandering the street aimlessly.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 06:11:05 AM »

Racial profiling aka reality of who commits the most crime per capita

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 06:14:36 AM »
It’s been getting like that again since De Blasio took office. Everywhere you go, you have to keep one eye open for the ever-present smelly, different shoe on each foot wearing, busted Dindu wandering the street aimlessly.

NY is getting way worse w deblasio the communist leach

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 06:15:03 AM »
Racial profiling aka reality of who commits the most crime per capita

From what I’ve seen, the party line in the liberal media is to blame it all on guns.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018/08/09/charlie-kirk-blames-chicago-gun-violence-lack-father-problem-black-community/220946

Charlie Kirk blames Chicago gun violence on "a lack of father problem in the Black community"