Author Topic: Banned by Facebook  (Read 1803 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Banned by Facebook
« on: August 07, 2018, 04:32:18 PM »
:

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Banned by Facebook
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 03:58:07 AM »
Hope she kicks Costa's azz.

What an American success story.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
Hope she kicks Costa's azz.

What an American success story.

X2
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 08:10:38 AM »
Facebook lifted Tuesday its block on Republican Elizabeth Heng’s campaign ad, but the California congressional candidate said the company still owes her a public apology.

“I’m deeply disappointed that Facebook would not give me a public apology for targeting a conservative candidate for Congress,” she said in a statement. “It took them 5 days and an immense amount of pressure before they ‘realized’ that they deliberately blocked my history and my story.”

She received a message on Facebook last week saying that her ad, which contains scenes of the Cambodian genocide, violated the company’s policy against “shocking, disrespectful or sensational content, including ads that depict violence or threats of violence.”

Facebook’s policy on paid advertising is stricter than its rules governing regular posts, but critics argued that the 40-year-old black-and-white images of skulls and corpses were essential to her story about how her parents escaped the communist Khmer Rouge.

After a deluge of criticism on the right, a Facebook spokesperson said Tuesday that the ad had been cleared for distribution.

“Upon further review, it is clear the video contains historical imagery relevant to the candidate’s story,” said Facebook

in an email to the Washington Times. “We have since approved the ad and it is now running on Facebook.”

Ms. Heng, who’s challenging Democratic Rep. Jim Costa for the Fresno-based congressional seat, has accused Facebook of bias against conservative candidates.

“We constantly see how liberal tech giants time and time again, they target conservative voices,” said Ms. Heng in a Tuesday interview with “Fox & Friends.”

“Facebook still cannot deny that the algorithms favor liberal messages and often reward individual such as Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, and individuals such as my opponent, Jim Costa,” she said.

“Facebook cannot deny their algorithms favor liberal voices.” - @ElizabethHeng responds after her campaign ad showing her family’s fight to flee communism in Cambodia was removed. pic.twitter.com/xlGeaVtwFq
    — Fox & Friends First (@FoxFriendsFirst) August 7, 2018

Among those who came to Ms. Heng’s defense was House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who tweeted, “Her family survived the Communist genocide in Cambodia and came to America. Now Facebook is blocking her story.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/7/facebook-lifts-block-california-republican-elizabe/
:

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 10:01:25 AM »

So what???  Got what was coming to her
A

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:34:48 AM »
and yet CrapBook allows ISIS beheading and suicides...
K

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 03:43:58 PM »
Alex Jones Fans Rejoice as InfoWars App Hits No. 3 Spot in Apple App Store

The InfoWars app, still allowed in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, is doing better than ever, despite efforts from large tech companies including Apple, YouTube, Facebook, and Spotify to stymie the effects of content from conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. By Wednesday, just two days after each company took their most decisive actions against InfoWars, the InfoWars Official app had shot from 47th to 3rd in the News app category of the Apple App Store.

The app, which provides access to InfoWars podcasts, articles and products, largely circumvents the content actions taken against InfoWars.

Apple booted numerous InfoWars podcasts off of its platform Monday while keeping the app, despite the two venues having similar hate policies. Under their objectionable content policy, the App Store says apps should not include:

Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups, particularly if the app is likely to humiliate, intimidate, or place a targeted individual or group in harm’s way.

According to CNN’s Dylan Byers, Apple CEO Time Cook and senior VP of software Eddy Cue personally made the decision to pull InfoWars podcasts while keeping the app, because they felt it wasn’t in violation of their policies.

Troll Christmas
While the inconsistency itself is disturbing enough for InfoWars opponents, even more shocking are the gleeful reviews of the app. In the last two days, the app has received 2,400 reviews and consistently held a 4.9-star rating

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inverse.com/amp/article/47892-infowars-app-hits-no-3-spot-in-apple-app-store-as-alex-jones-fans-rejoice

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 03:52:56 PM »
Now these social media sites aren't even trying to hide their liberal agendas.
Free speech ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »

So what???  Got what was coming to her

What did she have coming to her and why? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 05:51:46 AM »
Morning Mika loses it on air…
https://www.citizenfreepress.com ^ | Posted by Kane on January 18, 2021 11:01 pm
Posted on 1/19/2021,

“Those riots would not have happened but for Twitter, but for Facebook. Algorithms were set up to cause this sort of radicalism to explode. They set up their business models in a way that would lead to the insurrection.”

Mika then screams at Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg — ‘You are pathetic! You need to be shutdown. Nobody needs what you have to offer. You have destroyed this country!’

.@morningmika screams at Mark Zuckerberg, @sherylsandberg: “You are pathetic!”

"You need to be shutdown. Nobody needs what you have to offer. You have destroyed this country!” pic.twitter.com/2CDJZNNDBa

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) January 18, 2021

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 10:43:32 AM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 04:32:38 PM »
A friend posted this on FB:

I commented, "China is building hundreds of coal-fired plants for themselves and other countries.  We’re virtue signaling while China laughs."

FB blocked others from seeing my comment, but I can still see it.  The only reason I know it's been blocked is because my friend sees a fact check message in the place of my post.   ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 05:23:50 PM »
A friend posted this on FB:

I commented, "China is building hundreds of coal-fired plants for themselves and other countries.  We’re virtue signaling while China laughs."

FB blocked others from seeing my comment, but I can still see it.  The only reason I know it's been blocked is because my friend sees a fact check message in the place of my post.   ::)

how about the other two thirds

Also, is this graphic even true

Didn't China pledge to be carbon neutral by 2060 ?

I guess if we should all make this our excuse to do nothing

It's not like we're on a globe or something and share the same atmosphere

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 05:40:02 PM »
You trust the damn commie chinks ?   Holy f.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 06:11:46 PM »
You trust the damn commie chinks ?   Holy f.

as far as I can tell they lie less than Trump

also, unlike Trumptard they seem to understand that we all breath the same air

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 09:12:33 PM »

What's not true about the graphic?  China produces about 30% of the world's GHG, a nearly 400% increase since 1990.

China produces more GHG than us, the UK, and the 27-member EU combined, and is only producing more.  Eliminate us from the globe, and China, Russia, and India would replace our GHG emissions within a few years.

Between now and 2060, China will have enacted eight 5-year plans to their benefit and the detriment of the West.  They only pay lip service to GHG concerns.

The other 2/3 of the world needs to pursue the cleanest and greenest source to handle base load – nuclear power.  Renewables as they are exist because of subsidies.  The ”greatest” renewable success for any large nation in the West is Germany, where electricity costs 2-3X what it costs here, because of subsidies.  Apply that here, and my electric bill would be higher than my mortgage, meaning I would have to stop running the AC, clothes dryer, etc.

And when the sun isn’t blowing or the wind isn’t shining :D, Germany fires up their nasty greenhouse gas-emitting local plants.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 01:14:52 AM »

You are insane and beyond help.   The pollution over there is crazy and China is the worlds biggest carbon emitter at this time.

You have really lost it. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2021, 03:04:03 AM »
You are insane and beyond help.   The pollution over there is crazy and China is the worlds biggest carbon emitter at this time.

You have really lost it.
Straw is retardedly stupid.  "China has pledged to reduce emissions in 2060." ::)

Asian countries can't believe the stupidity of the West.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2021, 04:33:59 AM »

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/092915/5-countries-produce-most-carbon-dioxide-co2.asp

Jesus are you so uniformed.