Author Topic: NFL has begun......  (Read 3676 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: NFL has begun......
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »
I tapped out as a fan and owner of a media outlet that covered the NFL after Week 2 last season once the kneeling protest became the headline. Even dedicated a magazine cover to "Fuck The NFL" about our media boycott. I posted a feature article yesterday on my website basically calling the protesters and their supporters out on the reason for the protest - racial injustice at the hands of the police and criminal justice system - with objectivity and full details on a case-by-case basis using Randy Moss's HOF induction tie list of names.

I feel that I view this situation very fairly and have the background to see it from a different perspective, one that can get right to the heart of the matter:

https://www.musclesportmag.com/2018/08/13/our-challenge-to-nfl-players-protesting/

Why have you not petitioned Ron for blue stars?

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2018, 11:06:23 AM »
i dont know about you guys but to me when a guy voluntarily gets on his knees,  that means he loves to suck dick. fuck the nfl fuck those hood rats as well. they suck dick and lick asshole, you know they hate it, that there bosses are honkeys and cracka billionaires , sorry beyonce and jay z are not going to buy a nfl team

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2018, 01:16:19 PM »

Kevin Levrone wouldn’t be happy about earls response,  Kevin is die hard patriotic, and even pulled an American flag out of his thong

OMG I remember that 😂

1995 Mr Olympia

AND... Levrone actually used the Star Spangled Banner as his posing song!

If you watch The Maryland Muscle Machine DVD, Levrone discusses the American Flag and why it’s hanging in the gym.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »
OMG I remember that 😂

1995 Mr Olympia

AND... Levrone actually used the Star Spangled Banner as his posing song!

If you watch The Maryland Muscle Machine DVD, Levrone discusses the American Flag and why it’s hanging in the gym.

Earls favorite quarterback is Colin “I suck cock”crappernick

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »
Levrone posed to a recording of this version in 1995

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
Then why did their union recently tell them to knock it off or face heavy fines?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/389018-nfl-players-association-criticizes-new-league-policy-on-kneeling

I don't know what that has to do with my statement at all. They are still free where they want to be employed and they choose the NFL. I never said a choice wouldnt come without consequences if they chose to kneel.

Further, even without fines, they still have a job. Its a slap on the wrist to get viewers back.

This is no way really means anything.
X

Kwon3

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2018, 04:28:44 PM »
I don't know what that has to do with my statement at all. They are still free where they want to be employed and they choose the NFL. I never said a choice wouldnt come without consequences if they chose to kneel.

Further, even without fines, they still have a job. Its a slap on the wrist to get viewers back.

This is no way really means anything.

I hate that shit. I wish the league would finally grow a pair and force them to either quit doing it or let them do it. Fines are a joke to millionaires.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »
I hate that shit. I wish the league would finally grow a pair and force them to either quit doing it or let them do it. Fines are a joke to millionaires.

That's what I am saying.

Ultimately, the NFL players have 100% freedom.

They kneel, they get fined, and it means shit to them because they are beyond filthy rich.

You start firing major stars, then you also lose the viewers who still like to watch their favorite players/stars.

There is no way around it.

The players really do have all the power. The NFL is just putting this "fine" crap to appease those who stopped watching. What a joke.
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
That's what I am saying.

Ultimately, the NFL players have 100% freedom.

They kneel, they get fined, and it means shit to them because they are beyond filthy rich.

You start firing major stars, then you also lose the viewers who still like to watch their favorite players/stars.

There is no way around it.

The players really do have all the power. The NFL is just putting this "fine" crap to appease those who stopped watching. What a joke.

Last year, at the beginning of the NBA season, the Commissioner contacted every NBA team and he told them that all the players WILL stand.

And guess what, there was no problem.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2018, 06:15:08 PM »
Last year, at the beginning of the NBA season, the Commissioner contacted every NBA team and he told them that all the players WILL stand.

And guess what, there was no problem.

I don’t think that matters with the NFL.

They seem to be taken a lot harder stance about this.

At this point, Goodell has no power or influence over the players.

And let’s be real, even if every NBA player began to kneel, nothing would happen.  Is the commissioner going to fire every single NBA player and forfeit this season?  Of course not. If they called his bluff, he would fold just like the NFL commissioner.
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2018, 06:29:42 PM »
I don’t think that matters with the NFL.

They seem to be taken a lot harder stance about this.

At this point, Goodell has no power or influence over the players.

And let’s be real, even if every NBA player began to kneel, nothing would happen.  Is the commissioner going to fire every single NBA player and forfeit this season?  Of course not. If they called his bluff, he would fold just like the NFL commissioner.

Goodell really lost a lot of his grip after the Ray Rice situation. Since then, he has been trying to make the media happy... and the fans happy... while trying to make the players happy.. and trying not to offend women... and trying not to do anything that is not politically correct.

It’s pathetic

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »
Goodell really lost a lot of his grip after the Ray Rice situation. Since then, he has been trying to make the media happy... and the fans happy... while trying to make the players happy.. and trying not to offend women... and trying not to do anything that is not politically correct.

It’s pathetic

Goodell lost all his power and will continue to lose it.

He can’t even put a tourniquet on it. It will keep bleeding.

Eventually the NBA will catch on.
X

Kwon3

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »

he's alright

Goodell, whose proposed contract with the NFL currently is undergoing an approval process, asked the league's compensation committee in August to raise his salary from $30 million to $49.5 million per year, ESPN reported Sunday.Nov 12, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/11/12/roger-goodell-reportedly-requests-50-million-salary-lifetime-private-jet-in-contract-talks.html

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 06:39:10 PM »
Pathetic scene with the NFL.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2018, 07:20:24 PM »
he's alright

Goodell, whose proposed contract with the NFL currently is undergoing an approval process, asked the league's compensation committee in August to raise his salary from $30 million to $49.5 million per year, ESPN reported Sunday.Nov 12, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/11/12/roger-goodell-reportedly-requests-50-million-salary-lifetime-private-jet-in-contract-talks.html

19.5 million dollar raise.

Peanuts to getbiggers.
X

Kwon3

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2018, 08:20:12 PM »
19.5 million dollar raise.

Peanuts to getbiggers.
When he asks for that kind of astronomical salary, do the people he's talking to ever stare right at him and ask him what, exactly, he does that justifies him being paid $25,000 an hour? Like, what's the deal, dude? Are you some kind of celebrity actor who sells out movie theaters or an inventor of something essential or whatever? He's a fucking administrator, for Christ's sake.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2018, 08:25:44 PM »

They do that and scream of racism all breaks loose, riots on the street

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »

Goodell is the problem.

Kwon3

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2018, 08:51:41 PM »

They do that and scream of racism all breaks loose, riots on the street
good
that's the spark the right has been dreaming about

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2018, 10:37:58 AM »

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2018, 10:50:50 AM »
I just can't sit through any game.  Team sports are very boring to me.  I like fights because they are usually done inside a half hour and it's the ultimate test of man vs man.  The obsession with football has always perplexed me.  I don't even think I would go to a game if I was given tickets.  Soccer is horrible to watch.  Maybe the 1 minute highlight clip can be fun.  I think sports are great to play and being on a team yourself has great physical and social benefits, but watching a football game is beyond boring.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2018, 10:58:29 AM »
Who is watching the NFL this season?

Be honest.

I have other things to do like: nothing.

;D

Kwon3

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2018, 11:05:07 AM »
I just can't sit through any game.  Team sports are very boring to me.  I like fights because they are usually done inside a half hour and it's the ultimate test of man vs man.  The obsession with football has always perplexed me.  I don't even think I would go to a game if I was given tickets.  Soccer is horrible to watch.  Maybe the 1 minute highlight clip can be fun.  I think sports are great to play and being on a team yourself has great physical and social benefits, but watching a football game is beyond boring.
America's obsession with pro sports in general but then again Europeans and Africans are ridiculous about soccer, which is more boring than all American sports put together, so I guess humans are just incredibly simple-minded and love to cheer for other people who don't know they exist or care. Man pick up ball. Man put down ball. Man fall down. Whistle blows. Sounds like a blast.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2018, 11:48:01 AM »
Because you couldn’t give a shit what piece of cloth stands for?

football is entertainment, nothing more nothing less

you didn't really think these were "good guys" did you?  it's absolutely silly how this is the deal breaker for people like you and not the huge criminal records many of them have

E

E

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2018, 12:12:19 PM »
football is entertainment, nothing more nothing less

you didn't really think these were "good guys" did you?  it's absolutely silly how this is the deal breaker for people like you and not the huge criminal records many of them have

E

There are almost 1700 active players in the NFL, this is their job and while I think they should keep politics out of the NFL and sports general, and I don't agree with their political stance (because most don't research it). It's still a job and NFL creates a lot of jobs in and out of the sport itself. Yep, it's entertainment but it still doesn't take away from the fact that it's still a business.

The players I know personally are good people that give a lot to their communities and with my Samoan athletes, they give back in a huge way. Most of these players have had three options. Athletics, Prison or die. The ones that are in chose to play football.

You guys are so fucking black and white when it comes to this that you only see the surface and don't bother looking any further than that.