Author Topic: "victim blaming" or life lesson  (Read 1697 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
"victim blaming" or life lesson
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:52:05 AM »
Houston school removes sign after social media criticism

From Associated Press
August 18, 2018 10:00 AM EST

HOUSTON (AP) — A sign at a Houston elementary and middle school that sparked criticism on social media has been removed.
The Houston Independent School District says the sign that read, "The more you act like a lady, the more he'll act like a gentleman," was removed Friday night. The wall was patched and repainted.
The sign was above a row of lockers in a girls' locker room at Gregory-Lincoln Education Center, a school covering kindergarten through eighth grade.
The sign drew attention on social media after a Houston resident posted a picture of it on Twitter . Critics on social media called the sign "victim-blaming" and misogynistic.
Classes have not begun for the semester. According to the district's website , the first day of school is Aug. 27.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: "victim blaming" or life lesson
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 06:21:08 PM »
This is why people are pulling their kids out of public schools, with Texas leading the charge.  I literally just read an article about this change in schooling on BBC this afternoon.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 06:56:31 PM »
This is why people are pulling their kids out of public schools, with Texas leading the charge.  I literally just read an article about this change in schooling on BBC this afternoon.

Don’t believe the BBC
They are good at twisting the stories
And leaving important information out
Liberal Leftists Feminiza bias

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 08:01:28 PM »

Don’t believe the BBC
They are good at twisting the stories
And leaving important information out
Liberal Leftists Feminiza bias

they only show what pushes their "narrative".. MSM in the USA is doing the same thing... they only SHOW one side of their story that collaborates with their story/narrative.. you have to go to the internet to find out the whole story(truth)......which now is slowly being censored...internet that is...
real men= no rubbers

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 05:04:11 AM »
 Oh yeah, no need for a sign like that. It's not like young Western women are spoiled, over-tattooed princesses or anything.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 07:19:39 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 08:10:34 AM »
I don't remember specifics, but I do remember there were always little positive life quotes written on the walls around the schools I went to. No big deal back then. Now they can't even encourage young girls to not act like the slutty whores they see on tv.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 08:51:59 AM »
Better the girls act like sluts and hookers and get prego at 12 -13

jjfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 03:39:33 PM »
Better the girls act like sluts and hookers and get prego at 12 -13

That'll teach em.

The paddle needs a good reintroduction into schools, or at least in the homes of parents.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 02:12:37 PM »
That'll teach em.

The paddle needs a good reintroduction into schools, or at least in the homes of parents.

I'm a little over 20 years removed from middle school but I definitely recall a few knuckleheads getting their asses busted by coaches paddle right in front of everyone.

Disputes in high school between students were resolved in the locker room as well but with a couple laced up pairs of boxing gloves. Sanctioned and regulated with 3, 30 second rounds of course.  8)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 02:44:34 PM »
Every industry where the state is heavily involved is in need of complete overhaul: housing, education, and healthcare.