Author Topic: SummerSlam 2018: WITH THE AID OF A MONSTER, REIGNS FINALLY SLAYS THE BEAST  (Read 5358 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I just got home and started watching the event.

IT's the IC match.

I think they'll give this one to Rollins, with Ambrose in his corner.

My other pics:

WWE World Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe. I think AJ retains.

WWE Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns. As many times as I've been burned, with the knowledge of the upcoming Lesnar-Cormier UFC fight, I think it's finally time for Lesnar to do the THT.

WWE US championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Jeff Hardy. Funka 2.0 keeps the belt, with Orton's interference.

Raw Women's championship: Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Ronda Rousey: Rousey's not ready yet; she'll win by DQ or countout.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: SummerSlam 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 04:40:03 PM »
Rollins wins the IC title back.

More picks:

Smackdown women's championship (Triple Threat): Carmella (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch: I think Carmella retains.

Raw Tag Team Titles: B-Team (c) vs. The Revival: B-Team retains.

Money In the Bank on the line (winner, by any means, gets the case) : Braun Strowman (c) vs. Kevin Owens. I'll stick with Mr. Monster in the Bank.

And since their match is up next.....

Smackdown Tag Team Titles: Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. New Day. I don't think Smackdown is going to give New Day another run, especially by using Kingston and Woods. Bludgeon Brothers retain.

Edit - It's Big E and Xavier Woods, not Kingston and Woods.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »
Bludgeons retain by DQ; Now, it's Owens vs. Strowman.

I went to get something to eat and the match is over. I don't know who won.

And now, it's the Smackdown women's title match.

Edit - Checked another website: Strowman wins in a squash.

More picks:

UPSET SPECIAL!!
Daniel Bryan vs. Miz: This ought to be a classic. But I'll give this one to the Miz.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 05:29:09 PM »
Charlotte Flair wins the Smackdown women's championship. I suspect heel turn time for Lynch.

YEP!! It's beatdown time for Charlotte Flair and the fans are loving it.

Next up: WWE World title match - AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe.

Being it's New York, the fans are chanting "TNA, TNA!!".

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:11:18 PM »
Samoa Joe talked smack about AJ's family; AJ loses it, spears Joe through the barricade, and beat the tar out of him with a char. Joe wins by DQ.

Elias Samson is running his mouth for some reason; who gets an impromptu match to beat him up this time?

His guitar broke for some reason. Now, Miz is talking with his former Miztourage, before his fight with Daniel Bryan.

Crowd is split between Miz and Bryan.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »
YES!!! UPSET SPECIAL for me!! Maryse (in the front row) slips Miz some brass knucks; Daniel Bryan goes for a suicide dive, only to get cracked in the jaw. Miz gets the 1-2-3.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 06:54:59 PM »
I forgot about this match. Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin. I give the win to Finn.

DEMON KING ENTRANCE, NO LESS!!

Well, that was quick. Demon King beat up Corbin in less than 5 minutes.

Now, it's the US title match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 07:25:45 PM »
OWWW!!! OWWWW!!!! OWWWW!!!

Hardy went for a Swanton Bomb on Nakamura on the ring apron and went SPLAT!!

Funaki 2.0 hit the knee to the face and keeps the title.

Raw Women's title is on deck.

I smell another heel turn. Natalya is walking to the ring, wearing her father's Hart Foundation jacket from SummerSlam '90 (when the Harts beat Demolition for the WWF tag titles).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 07:43:26 PM »
No heel turn, just straight up beatings for Alexa Bliss. Rousey wins the gold.

And, now.....THE BIG ONE.....LESNAR VS REIGNS, Universal title match!!!

Does the Monster cash in MITB on the winner?

Well, Strowman comes to the ring and announces that he's not going to do a cash-in like a coward, even called Lesnar, "Beastie Boy". He declared the winner was going to....GET THESE HANDS.

Strowman was outside the ring during the match. Reigns hit three Superman punches and three spears. But on the 3rd spear, he got caught in a guillotine choke hold. Reigns escaped with a spine buster; Lesnar re-applied it; Reigns escaped with another spine buster.

During this match, the fans were actually split, with the "Let's go Roman" and "Roman Sucks" chants. They've finally Cena-ized the Big Dog.

Lesnar hit three suplexes after a missed superman punch by Reigns. Lesnar went for an F-5 (as fans chanted, "YOU BOTH SUCK!") but Reigns escape and shoved Lesnar into the ropes. Lesnar stopped upon seeing Strowman. Reigns went for a spear, only for Lesnar to side-step him and send Reigns flying into the monster.

Then, the Beast hit Strowman with an F-5. Then after beating on Reigns, he attempts to re-enter the ring. Strowman grabs his legs only to have The Beast pummel him with MITB briefcase and toss it all the way to the TitanTron entrance ramp.

Lesnar decides to tenderize the Monster with a chair, making sure there'd be no cash-in after the match. But when Lesar re-entered the ring with the chair....WHAM!!! Reigns spears him, with the chair hitting Lesnar in the head on the way down.

One....two....THREEE!!!!!!

ROMAN REIGNS IS THE NEW UNIVERSAL CHAMPION!!!! Reigns actually got cheered after the match, mainly because of what Lesnar did to Strowman.

THT fulfilled for the Beast......sort of. Methinks Strowman is going to beat Lesnar to a pulp tomorrow night on Raw.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 07:47:59 AM »
Ending was a dud.

All of as sudden a spear works?

Hopefully Reigns loses it fast.
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 05:19:40 PM »
Ending was a dud.

Reigns hit three spears early, only to get put in a choke hold after the third one.

It was the fourth spear (coupled with the chair hitting Lesnar in the head, on the way down) that put Lesnar down for the count.

Also note that, for the first time in this rivalry, Lesnar never hit an F-5 on Reigns.

Plus, WWE has had Lesnar lose in similar fashion over the last six years. He gets too cocky, lets his guard down, and gets popped.

Go back to 2012 Extreme Rules against Cena. Lesnar beat up Cena 90% of that match, until Lesnar got cute. He hammed up to the crowd, let Cena rest, and (after bouncing off the ropes and jumping off the metal stairs in the ring), Cena cracked Lesnar right in the face with his chain. That allowed Cena to hit an AA on the steps and BARELY get the three count on the Beast.

Same thing with Goldberg at 2016 Survivor Series. Lesnar let his guard down and laughed after Goldberg shoved him. Next thing you know, he got speared twice, jack-hammered, and pinned in less time than it takes to make microwave popcorn.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 04:27:26 AM »
Ending was a dud.

Agreed. The NXT PPV Saturday night was a better show. Only matches that were of interest was Seth versus Ziggler, women's triple threat and Daniel Bryan versus The Miz. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 07:42:38 AM »
Agreed. The NXT PPV Saturday night was a better show. Only matches that were of interest was Seth versus Ziggler, women's triple threat and Daniel Bryan versus The Miz.  

I now find myself conflicted due to greats Playoby and McWay giving opposite answers.
Y

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 12:30:02 PM »
I now find myself conflicted due to greats Playoby and McWay giving opposite answers.
There is no right or wrong. Its all a matter of opinion. I personally felt Summer Slam could have delivered a better show with the top tier matches.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »

I enjoyed SummerSlam myself. I was surprised that Reigns beat Lesnar as quickly as he did. Normally, Lesnar has to be beaten to a near pulp to BARELY lose a match (see Extreme Rules 2012).

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I didn't like the match.   I know it was supposed to be the culmination of everything for Reigns, but when a main event has a "you both suck" chant, it's not working.
Y

Playboy

• Getbig V
I didn't like the match.   I know it was supposed to be the culmination of everything for Reigns, but when a main event has a "you both suck" chant, it's not working.
Thank you....took the words right out of my mouth. Both are over played

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Reigns got a decent pop when he finally won it. Part of the issue is that, when you know Lesnar is doing a UFC fight in a few months, everyone knows he's going to lose.

That's why the WrestleMania match was such a swerve. Lesnar re-signed shortly before 'Mania; so he got to retain the title. And it explains Reigns' promo on Raw the next night about how Vince McMahon didn't "smarten" him up on the situation.