Author Topic: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers  (Read 8443 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »
you have to admit that we're dealing with serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country

Name them.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2018, 04:08:46 PM »
Name them.

I thought they were all pretty obvious

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2018, 04:14:07 PM »
I thought they were all pretty obvious

So you can't name the "serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »
So you can't name the "serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country"?

to be honest I can't name them

can you?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »

can you?
Obviously not, that's why you were asked to enlighten us.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2018, 04:20:42 PM »
Obviously not, that's why you were asked to enlighten us.

there must be some...right?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2018, 04:35:46 PM »

Almost daily, the Oregonian does an article about the hoards of homeless people in Portland. For what ever reason, the homeless are not feeling the wealth of our economy.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2018, 04:43:33 PM »
Nothing bad about claiming the economy is so weak that he has to cancel a tiny pay increase for federal employees

Trump spent the weekend "studying" the issue (I know, seems bizarre that he would spend any time studying, much less on a weekend) so maybe when he gets back to work on Monday he'll announce he's rescinding the tax give away to corporations due to the weak economy and the need to have a balanced budget.

How is not taking more money from corporations a "give away"?

Why do you think it is better for the government to take corporations money? Do you think the government spends money they take from others better than those that actually earned it? Why do you put so much trust in the government?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2018, 04:46:15 PM »
How is not taking more money from corporations a "give away"?

Why do you think it is better for the government to take corporations money? Do you think the government spends money they take from others better than those that actually earned it? Why do you put so much trust in the government?

I think they (corporations and the uber rich) didn't need a tax cut and I don't think we'll see a net increase in tax revenue (as Republicans promised) and I don't think it will create jobs (as Republican promised ....as as CEO laughed out loud when Gary Cohn asked them)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2018, 04:48:38 PM »
All I'm saying is that we're dealing with serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country

everyone agrees with that

No, they don't. Why do you just make things up?

Please answer the question regarding serious economic conditions?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2018, 04:51:01 PM »
No, they don't. Why do you just make things up?

Please answer the question regarding serious economic conditions?

agreed, they don't need a tax cut and they won't create any more jobs just because they saved money on taxes.

that's not why companies create jobs which is why the CEO's laughed OUT LOUD when Cohn asked that question

Regarding the "serious economic conditions", I'm not really sure

I just read that somewhere

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2018, 04:52:38 PM »
Almost daily, the Oregonian does an article about the hoards of homeless people in Portland. For what ever reason, the homeless are not feeling the wealth of our economy.

Do you really believe that the main cause of the homeless problem is due to the economy?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2018, 04:53:12 PM »
A huge chunk of homeless are mentally ill, another huge chunk are drug addicts, neither group of people will be contributing to society any time soon.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2018, 04:54:44 PM »

can you?

OK, so you're just making it up.

The economic problems are so obvious but you just can't name any?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »

But you just don't know of any?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2018, 04:56:11 PM »
OK, so you're just making it up.

The economic problems are so obvious but you just can't name any?

I'm not making it up

I read it somewhere

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »
I think they (corporations and the uber rich) didn't need a tax cut and I don't think we'll see a net increase in tax revenue (as Republicans promised) and I don't think it will create jobs (as Republican promised ....as as CEO laughed out loud when Gary Cohn asked them)

And this is it right here folks.

"They" don't need to keep all that money. It doesn't matter if it will increase tax revenue or create jobs, it only matters that they don't "need" to keep the wealth that they generated.

Do you really need, say, that one grand a year that comprises your yearly income.? I mean, would it dramatically change your lifestyle if I took a $100/month from your paycheck? I mean, do you really, really need it?

How much money does a corporation or individual have to make before the government decides it's too much and they don't need it and it should be taken from them.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2018, 05:07:24 PM »
agreed, they don't need a tax cut and they won't create any more jobs just because they saved money on taxes.

that's not why companies create jobs which is why the CEO's laughed OUT LOUD when Cohn asked that question

Regarding the "serious economic conditions", I'm not really sure

I just read that somewhere

Oh, you just read it somewhere. Well, why didn't you just say so?
Then I guess we can safely conclude that matter is settled.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2018, 05:07:55 PM »
And this is it right here folks.

"They" don't need to keep all that money. It doesn't matter if it will increase tax revenue or create jobs, it only matters that they don't "need" to keep the wealth that they generated.

Do you really need, say, that one grand a year that comprises your yearly income.? I mean, would it dramatically change your lifestyle if I took a $100/month from your paycheck? I mean, do you really, really need it?

How much money does a corporation or individual have to make before the government decides it's too much and they don't need it and it should be taken from them.

Our corporations were already the richest in the world and thanks to the tax cuts Apple just became the first trillion dollar company

If it creates jobs and increases net tax revenue then that's great

If it doesn't create jobs and results in less tax revenue then I guess we all just got fucked by the same trickle down lie yet again

I'm sure we'll make up the difference by denying government workers a 2% pay raise

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »
Oh, you just read it somewhere. Well, why didn't you just say so?
Then I guess we can safely conclude that matter is settled.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
Our corporations were already the richest in the world and thanks to the tax cuts Apple just became the first trillion dollar company

If it creates jobs and increases net tax revenue then that's great

If it doesn't create jobs and results in less tax revenue then I guess we all just got fucked by the same trickle down lie yet again

I'm sure we'll make up the difference by denying government workers a 2% pay raise

For a company to grow they have to increase their wealth and profits. It's only these gains that allow them to create more jobs.

Now, just for the sake of argument and as a microcosm of how the market economy works, there is a business just a two-minute walk from where I live. Let us just say for some reason their business really takes off. They start selling weed and their profits quadruple. And say they decide not to expand. Just keep the same employees and keep the extra cash for themselves. Then what happens? Well, since their income increased they will be paying more in taxed helping the city. Maybe they will finally decide to paint the peeling, rotting walls of their store. Maybe they will go out to eat more. Buy a new shirt for once. Maybe put more money in the bank that the banks can use to give out loans and investments....

Anytime a company, a person, is successful it is a good thing for that company and/or person and for the economy in general. No jobs or economic transactions are generated by those with no money.

Government workers do not contribute to the economy because their paychecks come from money taken from others that earned it. Taxes.

If we all worked for the government no one will get paid.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2018, 05:26:21 PM »

What's your point of taking a snippet from a Trump speech? Some of the dumbest people come out of our universities that have been brainwashed by Leftist ideologies.

'Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.'

-- George Orwell

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »
For a company to grow they have to increase their wealth and profits. It's only these gains that allow them to create more jobs.

Now, just for the sake of argument and as a microcosm of how the market economy works, there is a business just a two-minute walk from where I live. Let us just say for some reason their business really takes off. They start selling weed and their profits quadruple. And say they decide not to expand. Just keep the same employees and keep the extra cash for themselves. Then what happens? Well, since their income increased they will be paying more in taxed helping the city. Maybe they will finally decide to paint the peeling, rotting walls of their store. Maybe they will go out to eat more. Buy a new shirt for once. Maybe put more money in the bank that the banks can use to give out loans and investments....

Anytime a company, a person, is successful it is a good thing for that company and/or person and for the economy in general. No jobs or economic transactions are generated by those with no money.

Government workers do not contribute to the economy because their paychecks come from money taken from others that earned it. Taxes.

If we all worked for the government no one will get paid.

Companies create jobs when there is an increased demand for the goods or services they provide.   Period.

Giving corporations a tax windfall doesn't create demand.

That's why all the CEO's couldn't stop from laughing out loud when Cohn asked that question.

What they did with that windfall is what every expert said they would do..

They bought back their stock.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »
What's your point of taking a snippet from a Trump speech? Some of the dumbest people come out of our universities that have been brainwashed by Leftist ideologies.

'Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.'

-- George Orwell

My point is that I love the poorly educated Trumptard and even more the poorly informed Trumptard.  Oops that last one was redundant.

That quote from Orwell reminds me of Republicans belief that tax cuts pay for themselves.    Even many Republicans no longer believe that but apparently Trumptards still do.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2018, 06:03:14 PM »
Do you really believe that the main cause of the homeless problem is due to the economy?

Although it might seem like I do, I actually don't. At least not completely. There are many reasons for homelessness. In 2017 there was an estimated 554,000 homeless people in America. California had 134,278 homeless folks. Oregon ranked 6th.

Some people, often the mentally ill such as schizophrenics, prefer it to conventional housing. High rents which are a part of the economy are also a cause when low income subsidized housing is not adequately available. Where it's found in Oregon, there are long wait lists to get in.  It is second only to Hawaii in its high cost of living. A two bedroom apartment in San Fransisco runs about $4,000 a month.

Federal minimum wage remains as it was a decade ago at $7.75. Hawaii's minimum wage is $10.10 and hour. Oregon's is $10.75. In California it is $11.00 per hour. In March 2018 the U.S. had almost 29 million part time employees. Part time jobs often offer no benefits, such as sick leave, medical insurance or vacation.

Obviously, there is no one single reason/excuse for homelessness. It's real and it isn't going to magically go away anytime soon because there are no simple fixes for it.