Author Topic: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers  (Read 8324 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
This seems a bit odd

Aren't those tax cuts for the  corporations and the super rich supposed to create a shit ton of jobs and raise wages, all of which should increase federal tax revenue?

Trumptard paid Omarosa almost 180 grand a year to do nothing much other than to say nice things about Trump (and secretly record everyone in the White House) and he can't give federal workers a measly 2% raise

I think this is the same Trumptard who wanted to spend millions on a military parade yet also cancelled our joint military training with South Korea because it was too expensive meanwhile China and Russia are conducting massive joint military training operations: https://www.scmp.com/news/world/russia-central-asia/article/2161762/nato-alarm-russia-stage-worlds-biggest-military

Just a quick summation

We don't have enough money to give federal workers a measly raise or do joint training operations with South Korea but we have plenty of money for a parade and to give idiot reality show losers 180k a year.

Welcome to Trumptardistan

Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers

President Trump announced Thursday that he was canceling a pay raise due to most civilian federal employees in January, citing budgetary reasons.

In a letter to congressional leaders, the president wrote that locality pay increases would cost $25 billion. Those increases would come on top of a 2.1 percent across-the-board increase for most civilian employees.

"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," Trump wrote before announcing that for 2019, "both across-the-board pay increases and locality pay increases will be set at zero."

"These alternative pay plan decisions will not materially affect our ability to attract and retain a well‑qualified Federal workforce," Trump's letter adds

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/30/trump-cancels-planned-january-pay-increase-for-federal-workers.html

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:39:03 PM »
There are too many government workers so hopefully a few will quit.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 06:10:28 PM »
X2
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 06:31:58 PM »

I can think of one in particular that should definitely quit

Interesting how nobody bothered to comment on the that joint training with South Korea is too expensive meanwhile Russia and China are doing the largest joint military training ever

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 08:59:47 PM »
Government workers are notoriously well compensated compared to non-government workers.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 09:17:31 PM »
I can think of one in particular that should definitely quit

Interesting how nobody bothered to comment on the that joint training with South Korea is too expensive meanwhile Russia and China are doing the largest joint military training ever

The one that doesn't take a paycheck...figures..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 11:15:39 PM »
This seems a bit odd

Aren't those tax cuts for the  corporations and the super rich supposed to create a shit ton of jobs and raise wages, all of which should increase federal tax revenue?

Trumptard paid Omarosa almost 180 grand a year to do nothing much other than to say nice things about Trump (and secretly record everyone in the White House) and he can't give federal workers a measly 2% raise

I think this is the same Trumptard who wanted to spend millions on a military parade yet also cancelled our joint military training with South Korea because it was too expensive meanwhile China and Russia are conducting massive joint military training operations: https://www.scmp.com/news/world/russia-central-asia/article/2161762/nato-alarm-russia-stage-worlds-biggest-military

Just a quick summation

We don't have enough money to give federal workers a measly raise or do joint training operations with South Korea but we have plenty of money for a parade and to give idiot reality show losers 180k a year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/30/trump-cancels-planned-january-pay-increase-for-federal-workers.html

Explain to us how this is a bad thing?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »

The one that doesn't take a paycheck...figures..
Bwhahahaaaaaa ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »

Mnay are layabouts and do-nothings and left wing pussies anyway.    F em

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 12:16:34 PM »
Explain to us how this is a bad thing?

Strawman, this question was for you and pretend you didn't see it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »

Waiting

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:02 PM »

Wonder if you'll still believe there are too many federal employees when you need federal services and end up on a long wait list. Postal workers are federal employees. Maybe you'd prefer picking up your mail at a central Post Office on one specific assigned day of the week.

Here's a headline from seven years ago.

US Postal Service plans to close 3,653 post offices. Here's a list.
On its 236th anniversary, Ben Franklin's original post office, along with over 3,500 others, is being stamped out.

David Gewirtz
By David Gewirtz for ZDNet Government | July 27, 2011 -- 05:00 GMT (22:00 PDT) | Topic: Social Enterprise

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 03:34:36 PM »

LOL - you think I go looking for your posts to respond to

We're in the middle of this so called great economy and we just gave a huge gift to the uber rich and corporate persons.

This very stupid move by Trump has no effect on me.

Just pointing out the craven hypocrisy of the Republicans

Suddenly they care about the budget?

They didn't seem to give a rats ass about the budget or budget deficits when they passed their big tax give at the beginning of this year

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 04:08:09 PM »
Wonder if you'll still believe there are too many federal employees when you need federal services and end up on a long wait list. Postal workers are federal employees. Maybe you'd prefer picking up your mail at a central Post Office on one specific assigned day of the week.

On its 236th anniversary, Ben Franklin's original post office, along with over 3,500 others, is being stamped out.

David Gewirtz
By David Gewirtz for ZDNet Government | July 27, 2011 -- 05:00 GMT (22:00 PDT) | Topic: Social Enterprise

USPS is on life-support. They need to pull the plug.
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »
LOL - you think I go looking for your posts to respond to

We're in the middle of this so called great economy and we just gave a huge gift to the uber rich and corporate persons.

This very stupid move by Trump has no effect on me.

Just pointing out the craven hypocrisy of the Republicans

Suddenly they care about the budget?

They didn't seem to give a rats ass about the budget or budget deficits when they passed their big tax give at the beginning of this year

I see, you’re among the naive leftists that bought in that the cuts were only for rich? Anyway, you still haven’t answered the question but you’ll keep skating it.

BTW, you’re full of shit. You have your posts on alert, you know damn well when someone posts in your asinine uneducated threads. You were also online at the tome of that posting. Another lie

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 04:49:03 PM »
I see, you’re among the naive leftists that bought in that the cuts were only for rich?[/b] Anyway, you still haven’t answered the question but you’ll keep skating it.

BTW, you’re full of shit. You have your posts on alert, you know damn well when someone posts in your asinine uneducated threads. You were also online at the tome of that posting. Another lie

I see you're the dipshit who bought the right wing talking points hook, line and sinker

I have no idea what you're talking about regarding an alert.  I'm assuming you're referring to something on this board.  I've never seen it.  The only alert I've ever heard of is on google and I've never done one there either

I'm the least "techie" person that I know.
No Facebook or anything else.  No apps on my phone other than for trading and my sous vide (which I fucking hate - if I had known that was the only way to use it I never would have purchased it)  I'm almost a luddite

BTW - aren't the dipshit who still doesn't know how to post a YT video

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 05:52:55 PM »

David Gewirtz

People don't use paper mail anymore. The USPS is in large part a govt subsidy for Amazon deliveries at this point.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 08:50:10 PM »

I see you're the dipshit who bought the right wing talking points hook, line and sinker

I have no idea what you're talking about regarding an alert.  I'm assuming you're referring to something on this board.  I've never seen it.  The only alert I've ever heard of is on google and I've never done one there either

No Facebook or anything else.  No apps on my phone other than for trading and my sous vide (which I fucking hate - if I had known that was the only way to use it I never would have purchased it)  I'm almost a luddite

Still no answer

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 09:56:27 PM »
This seems a bit odd

Just a quick summation

For once, I have to agree with Trump.   The average federal employee makes about 20k more per year than a regular employee.

A

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 08:41:05 AM »

David Gewirtz
Thanks Obama!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 11:30:19 AM »

Still waiting

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 11:40:34 AM »
Still waiting

keep waiting Tubby Fox and Friends will eventually get around to explaining to you why this is a bad thing for Republicans

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 02:20:11 PM »
keep waiting Tubby Fox and Friends will eventually get around to explaining to you why this is a bad thing for Republicans

Another excuse. You really are a liberal communist

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2018, 03:32:32 AM »
This seems a bit odd

Just a quick summation

This is one of the classic divides between those on the Left and those on the Right. The role of government and income "distribution and equality." Trump calls for tax cuts yet cancels pay increases for Federal workers.

How could that be? He only cares about the "rich and corporations" and stiffs the Federal employees. What the Left fails to grasp is that a tax cut just means that the government is confiscating less of YOUR money. Money/wealth that you and businesses generate in the economy. I never understood why people on the Left feel it is better that the government take and spend money they take from the people than the people who actually have to earn it -- whether rich or poor.

With Federal workers that are on the government payroll, that's not their money. The Left again fail to realize that the government can't pay, or give, anybody anything because they have nothing to give. What they "give" to one group they take from another. The government, unlike private business, do not create wealth. They do not generate income. All their income comes in the form of taxes that they confiscate from private business and individuals. Government jobs does zero for the economy. If we all worked for the government then no one would get paid. There would be no private business generating income, and taxes, that the government can take to pay their workers.

Not only should Trump not give government employees a raise but should seek ways of getting rid of more government employees and agencies. Organizations like the Education Department,  The National Endowment of Arts, Department of Housing and Urban Development, National Endowment for Humanities... all the useless money pits that the government was never meant to be involved in.