Author Topic: Most comfortable car or SUV  (Read 6969 times)

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
Re: Most comfortable car or SUV
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 12:55:11 AM »
I agree Cadillac is the most comfortable seat I’ve ever sat in. OP should look into Cadillac it seat comfort is his priority.

Cadillac and GMCs use Magnetic Ride Control, not air suspension. While the former might be a good fit for a Corvette, they suck with big cars and don't come anywhere close to the cushiony ride of air suspension.

I test drove 3 different models of the Cadillac flagship CT6. Great car, but not in the same league as Merc S class and BMW 7-seriers (especially in comfort).

Kwon3

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 01:10:42 AM »
Terrible advice. SRT=line Jeeps are notorious for their harsh sporty ride.

I personally thought that the most comfortable were:

Merc S- class (even base models)
Genisis G80 as a more affordable option.

Lexus SUV's, especially the LX.

Spoken like someone who clearly doesn't understand the difference between European and American cars. Your opinion's as useful as what comes out your asshole.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2018, 01:41:42 AM »
Spoken like someone who clearly doesn't understand the difference between European and American cars. Your opinion's as useful as what comes out your asshole.

Advising someone with back problems to get a Trackhawk? Horrendous advice, no matter how many times you insult me  ;)

Kwon3

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2018, 01:49:36 AM »
Advising someone with back problems to get a Trackhawk? Horrendous advice, no matter how many times you insult me  ;)

I didn't advise anyone to do anything. You need to learn to read. I've driven every kind of Jeep that's in production and that one is without a doubt the most comfortable. You telling me that's terrible advice is like me saying I don't like your brand of cereal. Really, you have no idea how to subjectively rate comfort level because it's not you sitting in the car, genius, it's the OP. There's plenty of American SUVs and cars that are as good if not better than the lower-end Mercedes.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 03:41:30 AM »
I had a 2016 Cadillac Escalade and it was extremely comfortable for me at 6’2 with a bad back.Also the Ford Explorer is very comfortable and fits big guys well.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 04:05:16 AM »
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, without a shadow of a doubt. It's the softest, roomiest, most luxurious ride I've ever been inside of in a vehicle in production that has all the bells and whistles. But the price tag is in the low six figures, so it's absurdly expensive. The lower trims are more affordable and still great, plus the pride of riding in an American vehicle over a European or Japanese one is worth it for me. Over 700HP too, sweet to race.

It’s not even American, fiat owns Chrysler and it’s shared platforms and interior is all European with materials and parts shared with Alfa Romeo and fiat  ;D

Italian in American clothing

Kwon3

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2018, 06:15:56 AM »
It’s not even American, fiat owns Chrysler and it’s shared platforms and interior is all European with materials and parts shared with Alfa Romeo and fiat  ;D

I didn't say anything about the origin of the parts. Few cars are entirely assembled and the materials sourced domestically. There's trade agreements and exclusive supplier contracts that handle all that. But FCA's vehicles are, generally, assembled in the United States using American laborers and machinery, one notable exception being their Pacifica line which is built across the river from Detroit in Canada. It's an American automaker through-and-through.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2018, 06:44:39 AM »
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, without a shadow of a doubt. It's the softest, roomiest, most luxurious ride I've ever been inside of in a vehicle in production that has all the bells and whistles. But the price tag is in the low six figures, so it's absurdly expensive. The lower trims are more affordable and still great, plus the pride of riding in an American vehicle over a European or Japanese one is worth it for me. Over 700HP too, sweet to race.

Damn, Motortrend testing came back with a 3.3 0-60 time. Getbiggers might be interested in the 1000 HP Hennessey version

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2018, 07:58:39 AM »
It’s not even American, fiat owns Chrysler and it’s shared platforms and interior is all European with materials and parts shared with Alfa Romeo and fiat  ;D

This applies to smaller jeep models, renegade and compass in Europe for exaple, not the grand cherokee I think

JEEP srt models are made for straight line, not for comfort imo

Kwon3

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2018, 08:12:11 AM »
This applies to smaller jeep models, renegade and compass in Europe for exaple, not the grand cherokee I think

JEEP srt models are made for straight line, not for comfort imo
Not the Trackhawk. Its MSRP is almost double the price of the next lower trim in the Grand Cherokee lineup. It's not a typical SRT ride and has advanced suspension, Stabilitrak, and other features that make it super comfortable and sporty at the same time. It's not designed to feel or ride like the other Jeep vehicles. But I'm wasting time trying to explain this since people here love Mercedes and Infiniti.  ::)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2018, 03:22:32 PM »
Damn, Motortrend testing came back with a 3.3 0-60 time. Getbiggers might be interested in the 1000 HP Hennessey version

That right there was bad ass.  I had seen the one Kwon3 was talking about at 700hp but not this one.  Holy shit, but it is too loud for me.  I'd have to put some quieter Flowmasters on it.  Wonder what it rides like?  The salesman would be wearing you out hourly about buying it if you went to test drive one I'm sure.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »
That right there was bad ass.  I had seen the one Kwon3 was talking about at 700hp but not this one.  Holy shit, but it is too loud for me.  I'd have to put some quieter Flowmasters on it.  Wonder what it rides like?  The salesman would be wearing you out hourly about buying it if you went to test drive one I'm sure.
The regular track hawk is actually quieter than the Hellcat.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »
MD Juan makes Jeep Willy  ;)

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2018, 05:01:05 PM »
Ram Limited..... fucking comfy but still a truck

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »

Grand is nice but you have to deal with Jeep , not wrangler, quality.
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 05:45:01 PM »
With my back issues I may have to put my daily driver on the bench until I get better.  I was thinking of maybe renting a car for a few mnths or possibly buying something. I do not want something msall, as I am 6'4(6'3 now with the back  :-\) so it needs to be roomy.  I was thnking a Tahoe as I already own a few Chevy's and like the set up.  I would entertain a car if it was big enough to accoodate me and had a safe feeling to it.  Nothing too flashy, just looking for pure comfort.  Parker, thanks in advance for your input.  ;D

2019 Toyota Avalon or the 2017 BMW X5. I drive long distances on road trips and don't have any issues whereas, the X3 would kill my back after a few hours. But I'm sure there are a lot of options out there.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »
2019 Toyota Avalon or the 2017 BMW X5. I drive long distances on road trips and don't have any issues whereas, the X3 would kill my back after a few hours. But I'm sure there are a lot of options out there.
Toyota Version of an x5 would be a Highlander
A

Kwon3

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2018, 09:01:00 PM »
Wonder what it rides like?
Like I said, most comfortable American SUV I've been inside of that is also performance-capable. If you purely want comfort with a lazy V8, Parker's suggestion of SUV by GMC works well, too.

You can put muffler suppressors on it and you won't hear anything notable without sacrificing the effect.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2018, 09:33:01 PM »
gt350R with low profile ZR rated summer tires

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2018, 08:39:53 AM »
I didn't advise anyone to do anything. You need to learn to read. I've driven every kind of Jeep that's in production and that one is without a doubt the most comfortable. You telling me that's terrible advice is like me saying I don't like your brand of cereal. Really, you have no idea how to subjectively rate comfort level because it's not you sitting in the car, genius, it's the OP. There's plenty of American SUVs and cars that are as good if not better than the lower-end Mercedes.

I didn't advise anyone to do anything, eh  ::)

Maybe this will help.

Imaginary forum thread :Start:

OP: Hey guys, I feel terrible, I'm struggling with my health, I just want to feel energized and enjoy a long, fruitful life. Any advice?

Kwon3: The Aids injection is the best way to destroy your health and die in 3-5 years. I personally injected myself with great results, currently lost 40KGS and need 10 more to stop existing. You can't go wrong with an Aids injection straight to the heart.

Bystander forum member: That's terrible advice, the guy wants to live happily, not die soon.

Kwon3: I didn't advise anyone to do anything. You need to learn to read!

Kwon3

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
I didn't advise anyone to do anything, eh  ::)

Maybe this will help.

Imaginary forum thread :Start:

OP: Hey guys, I feel terrible, I'm struggling with my health, I just want to feel energized and enjoy a long, fruitful life. Any advice?

Kwon3: The Aids injection is the best way to destroy your health and die in 3-5 years. I personally injected myself with great results, currently lost 40KGS and need 10 more to stop existing. You can't go wrong with an Aids injection straight to the heart.

Bystander forum member: That's terrible advice, the guy wants to live happily, not die soon.

Kwon3: I didn't advise anyone to do anything. You need to learn to read!

Go cry in the trunk of your Kia, you colossally stupid fagġot.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2018, 10:25:41 AM »
Toyota Version of an x5 would be a Highlander

It would be, he did mention he would consider a sedan. I test drove the Highlander. It was nice but drove like a truck. The X5 handles more like a car. But if someone gave me a Highlander I wouldn't turn it down. Toyota makes a solid vehicle

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2018, 12:17:59 PM »
It would be, he did mention he would consider a sedan. I test drove the Highlander. It was nice but drove like a truck. The X5 handles more like a car. But if someone gave me a Highlander I wouldn't turn it down. Toyota makes a solid vehicle
Highlander’s drive is plushier then a 4Runner. One of the last truck frame suvs out there.
But yeah highlander is like 40k ish, a feature comparable x5 is 62k -ish.
Everything should be better. IMO, the mdx drives better then the x5 and was cheaper.
A

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2018, 01:02:15 PM »
Go cry in the trunk of your Kia, you colossally stupid fagġot.

If I recall correctly he’s a towel head with dadddys deep pockets paying his way.
T

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2018, 06:13:58 PM »
My wife has a Suburban which I have bene driving and like that.  I may get here something and just keep her care and my truck for when I need it. OR I was thinking about a GMC version, but it's an additional $3,500 just for the name (at least it was when I bought my truck). I may go test drive some vehicles once I heal a bit.  Wife drove a highlander and at 6'4 there's no way I can fit in that comfortable.  Shit, the suburban ceiling sometimes seems too low if I have the chair set a certain way.  Land Rovers are nice, but they're over $100k so I have never test drove one.  My buddy has one but I have only ridden in it.  Not sure how I feel about a really expensive ride like that, as I would be pissed the first time someone dinged it at the grocery store.