Author Topic: Most comfortable car or SUV  (Read 6971 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Most comfortable car or SUV
« on: September 04, 2018, 08:41:24 PM »
With my back issues I may have to put my daily driver on the bench until I get better.  I was thinking of maybe renting a car for a few mnths or possibly buying something. I do not want something msall, as I am 6'4(6'3 now with the back  :-\) so it needs to be roomy.  I was thnking a Tahoe as I already own a few Chevy's and like the set up.  I would entertain a car if it was big enough to accoodate me and had a safe feeling to it.  Nothing too flashy, just looking for pure comfort.  Parker, thanks in advance for your input.  ;D

Virgil

• Getbig II
Re: Most comfortable car or SUV
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 05:08:22 AM »
2 years ago I bought a 95 Chevy Caprice for 800 bucks, it drives like a waterbed, love it, steer with one finger, ac and radio work, can't kill it and dirt cheap..Caprice for the win

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 05:59:02 AM »
Buy Mercedes 6X6  ;)

Kwon3

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 06:04:29 AM »
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, without a shadow of a doubt. It's the softest, roomiest, most luxurious ride I've ever been inside of in a vehicle in production that has all the bells and whistles. But the price tag is in the low six figures, so it's absurdly expensive. The lower trims are more affordable and still great, plus the pride of riding in an American vehicle over a European or Japanese one is worth it for me. Over 700HP too, sweet to race.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 06:17:33 AM »
With back problems you need goods seats, made to be very adjustable and with good ergonomics and a healthy back in mind
Such seats usually are optional

In for instance Germany they have a AGR sign on them, Aktion Gesunde Rucken, there might be similar organisations that promote sound seat designs

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 06:19:49 AM »
And forget about 19/20/21/22 inch wheels, beside from being expensive and easy to damage they usually ruin ride comfort

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 06:37:14 AM »
Youre a large SOB, maybe a Munster car since you are Herman's size...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 06:41:52 AM »
With my back issues I may have to put my daily driver on the bench until I get better.  I was thinking of maybe renting a car for a few mnths or possibly buying something. I do not want something msall, as I am 6'4(6'3 now with the back  :-\) so it needs to be roomy.  I was thnking a Tahoe as I already own a few Chevy's and like the set up.  I would entertain a car if it was big enough to accoodate me and had a safe feeling to it.  Nothing too flashy, just looking for pure comfort.  Parker, thanks in advance for your input.  ;D

Look to the new Lincoln Navigator. And it’s seats!!! This is what Lincoln should have been all along. The American Land Yacht transformed into an SUV.
[/youtube]

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 07:25:50 AM »
I have an Acura MDX that feels like you're driving a couch.
Y

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 07:34:40 AM »
No body in any review mentions the comfort of the seats. This might sound strange but the inexpensive Nissan Altima has nailed the right density of seat cushion. After an hour of driving my Chevy it becomes very uncomfortable.  The Nissan I would still feel good to go. I know many fat asses have a built in cushion. I don't. I'm lean.  Drove a new Cadillac XT5  recently in California. I was really impressed with the comfort.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 08:01:47 AM »
No body in any review mentions the comfort of the seats. This might sound strange but the inexpensive Nissan Altima has nailed the right density of seat cushion. After an hour of driving my Chevy it becomes very uncomfortable.  The Nissan I would still feel good to go. I know many fat asses have a built in cushion. I don't. I'm lean.  Drove a new Cadillac XT5  recently in California. I was really impressed with the comfort.
That’s why I posted the Navigator vid. The Navigator, Aviator, Continental, Caddy Escalade, XT5, CT6, XTS, all have great seat cushion and comfort.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 08:13:39 AM »
Yup, same issue I have. Traded in mustang 5.0 for midsize suv recently.
1.)Skip the small or compact suvs/crossovers. Not comfortable.  
2.)If you want smooth ride, skip anything truck base. I.e Tahoe, 4Runner, wrangler unlimited  
3.)Go mid/full size suv/crossover.
4.) test drive a few.
5.)CarPlay will change your life, but not needed.

That is the same car I bought too lol
A

Explorerspl

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 08:50:22 AM »
And forget about 19/20/21/22 inch wheels, beside from being expensive and easy to damage they usually ruin ride comfort

How are they easy to damage? Modern cars come with them and have ample space to have a 20 inch wheel and have a full size tire on them.

Do you think they are jamming 20 inch wheels where they don't belong with a rubber band tire like the dindus of 1999?

I facepalm every time a car thread comes up on getbig,maybe 3 people know dick about cars. People watch too many YouTube experts and regurgitate shit now a days

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 08:55:49 AM »
F150 prerunner or Dodge prerunner

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 09:32:40 AM »
F150 prerunner or Dodge prerunner
Ford has shit ton of electrical problems, and their blackberry based sync 3 system sucks ass.
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
How are they easy to damage? Modern cars come with them and have ample space to have a 20 inch wheel and have a full size tire on them.

Do you think they are jamming 20 inch wheels where they don't belong with a rubber band tire like the dindus of 1999?

I facepalm every time a car thread comes up on getbig,maybe 3 people know dick about cars. People watch too many YouTube experts and regurgitate shit now a days
The only thing wrong with oem 20’s is they are heavy as fuck.
A

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 10:34:19 AM »
Youre a large SOB, maybe a Munster car since you are Herman's size...

Great choice but i think IG may to settle for something less luxurious...

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 10:39:00 AM »

I never thought I could find a seat more comfortable then Acura and have owned a few (suv's and RL). Porsche 18 way is the only one I have found to be more comfy with my bad spine.  New RDX has a great seat too.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
I never thought I could find a seat more comfortable then Acura and have owned a few (suv's and RL). Porsche 18 way is the only one I have found to be more comfy with my bad spine.  New RDX has a great seat too.
Cayenne?
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »
Look to the new Lincoln Navigator. And it’s seats!!! This is what Lincoln should have been all along. The American Land Yacht transformed into an SUV.
[/youtube]

Looks bad ass, but I'm not trying tp spend 100k on a vehicle that's not a classic muscle car.  I'd spend 70k if those seats are as comfortable as they look.

Might look into this.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 05:18:04 PM »
Looks bad ass, but I'm not trying tp spend 100k on a vehicle that's not a classic muscle car.  I'd spend 70k if those seats are as comfortable as they look.

Might look into this.
Lincoln Aviator, right up your alley then.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 06:05:55 PM »
2 years ago I bought a 95 Chevy Caprice for 800 bucks, it drives like a waterbed, love it, steer with one finger, ac and radio work, can't kill it and dirt cheap..Caprice for the win

Zero2Hero

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 12:25:07 AM »
I own a 750ix bimmer (2015). Honestly, even with 20" rims and RFT it rides incredibly smooth. Comfort seats of course, massage option adds to it also. Not a suv, you sit lower, but again, it is amazingly comfortable to drive, you feel rested after a long trip, rather than tired.
 Quite expensive to maintain, but if money is not an issue, I would look into a limo class first.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 12:42:55 AM »
That’s why I posted the Navigator vid. The Navigator, Aviator, Continental, Caddy Escalade, XT5, CT6, XTS, all have great seat cushion and comfort.

I agree Cadillac is the most comfortable seat I’ve ever sat in. OP should look into Cadillac it seat comfort is his priority.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2018, 12:49:28 AM »
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, without a shadow of a doubt. It's the softest, roomiest, most luxurious ride I've ever been inside of in a vehicle in production that has all the bells and whistles. But the price tag is in the low six figures, so it's absurdly expensive. The lower trims are more affordable and still great, plus the pride of riding in an American vehicle over a European or Japanese one is worth it for me. Over 700HP too, sweet to race.

Terrible advice. SRT=line Jeeps are notorious for their harsh sporty ride.

I personally thought that the most comfortable were:

Merc S- class (even base models)
Genisis G80 as a more affordable option.

Lexus SUV's, especially the LX.