Author Topic: What Do You Think of the Over 70 Category?  (Read 7531 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: What Do You Think of the Over 70 Category?
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 07:01:12 AM »
It could be a great opportunity for Vince Basile to make a comeback.

he would need to shave his hairy belly.

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 07:26:33 AM »
One of the hallmarks of a pseudointellectual is to claim ignorance, lack of education, or simply stupidity -- inferior cognitive function to grasp abstract ideas -- to the opposing speaker. Then comes the requisite homework assignments and references to sources that the speaker knows full well that the majority of the audience addressed will be unfamiliar with in hopes of adding credibility and gravitas to his massive intellect and making the audience feel inferior and even guilty that they are so preoccupied with making a living, caring for their families, dealing with various relationships, juggling the constant unforeseen blind side attacks that life always has for you, and generally trying to keep body and soul together that they have been remiss in their study of the good philosopher and cultural theorist, Peter Sloterdijk, who is probably just as unknown in Germany as he is here in America outside of the intellectual elite who sneer at we unwashed masses.

Never is a specific point addressed or disputed or any arguments made to refute any claims made. Dr. Chimps, also a very well read individual, does this constantly. Never actually poses any refutation or contrary argument. Just that you're wrong, probably stupid, and you need to educate yourself and read "this and that".

If there is a specific point you want to address or refute or require clarification then by all means. Any reference or quotes I might make to outside sources is only to buttress an already made point argued and reasoned.
!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2018, 07:34:38 AM »
One of the hallmarks of a pseudointellectual is to claim ignorance, lack of education, or simply stupidity -- inferior cognitive function to grasp abstract ideas -- to the opposing speaker. Then comes the requisite homework assignments and references to sources that the speaker knows full well that the majority of the audience addressed will be unfamiliar with in hopes of adding credibility and gravitas to his massive intellect and making the audience feel inferior and even guilty that they are so preoccupied with making a living, caring for their families, dealing with various relationships, juggling the constant unforeseen blind side attacks that life always has for you, and generally trying to keep body and soul together that they have been remiss in their study of the good philosopher and cultural theorist, Peter Sloterdijk, who is probably just as unknown in Germany as he is here in America outside of the intellectual elite who sneer at we unwashed masses.

Never is a specific point addressed or disputed or any arguments made to refute any claims made. Dr. Chimps, also a very well read individual, does this constantly. Never actually poses any refutation or contrary argument. Just that you're wrong, probably stupid, and you need to educate yourself and read "this and that".

If there is a specific point you want to address or refute or require clarification then by all means. Any reference or quotes I might make to outside sources is only to buttress an already made point argued and reasoned.

very elaborate, there.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »
that's like being proud to show a colostomy bag on the beach...just have some common sense

Haha, just spit out my coffee.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 11:00:06 AM »
trying to keep the delusion alive......just hope that they aren't juicing... for their sake..

Actually I think they should start juicing, big time.  Can't look any worse and at that age what have you got to lose?

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 02:17:56 PM »
Jim is 85 Years old here and he looks great. He just turned 86 last week and still competes.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2018, 11:54:54 AM »
Jim is 85 Years old here and he looks great. He just turned 86 last week and still competes.

Actually he looks like crap and has looked like crap for quite a few years.

To say he looks good is just to be patronizing.

It's good he still works out and so on but he needs to stop going on stage. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »
No one should go on stage if they look like crap, no matter what the age.

It would be an extremely rare individual 70 and up who should go on stage.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 12:26:40 PM »
#78 looks like a reanimated corpse.

It's awesome that these guy want to workout but this isn't appropriate to put on a stage.  Sagging skin is very off-putting.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 12:57:24 PM »
It entertains me in small doses

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2018, 01:03:23 PM »
No one should go on stage if they look like crap, no matter what the age.

It would be an extremely rare individual 70 and up who should go on stage.

How old are you and what do you look like? Post a pic so we can judge you since you are so brazen in your comments. If you dont post a pic, then you are hiding something or are ashamed of how you look

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2018, 01:05:28 PM »
#78 looks like a reanimated corpse.

It's awesome that these guy want to workout but this isn't appropriate to put on a stage.  Sagging skin is very off-putting.
                    that's dallas in his mind he looks like this. ::) ::) ::) ::)his mom named him after her favorite tv show,, hey he could have been named beaver...
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »
How old are you and what do you look like? Post a pic so we can judge you since you are so brazen in your comments. If you dont post a pic, then you are hiding something or are ashamed of how you look

It's got nothing to do with how I look.  I'm not the one going on stage.

Don't go on stage if you look like crap.  Nobody wants to see you if you look like shat.

Do you think these guys look good?  If so get an eye exam.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »
Since we are living longer, it makes sense. But what do you think?

These fellows have more courage than I do. I'll give them credit for that. I'm in good condition for my age, but I look too old to be a contestant in bodybuilding competitions. It's a young person's game.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »
The honest truth? No one wants to see that shit.

"1"

I agree. There comes a time to hang up the posers (at least in public). Wonder what these fellows looked like when they were young or slightly middle aged? Maybe they never had it going on.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2018, 05:44:35 PM »
This ^.  Because while you may well be built for your age, your shelf life for competing has long since expired.  I'm in my 60s and there is no way on the phlatt earf I would ever step atop the dais again.

The best one can hope for after 70 is looking decent in clothes. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2018, 05:50:16 PM »
For the few who do still have pleasing physiques, it’s a pretty amazing achievement at that age. Here’s a guy 75 who competes in Florida. That particular lineup was not impressive but there are occasional surprises.

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/plantation-s-75-year-old-bodybuilder-richard-rabin-hopes-to-go-pro-7825072

At least he doesn't look like he's a "dead man walking" like that one guy in the opening video. One piece of advice, if I may, avoid spray tans because they accentuate how bad aging skin looks.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
It would have been nice to see him in a thong again.

No homo

Do they even make 'thongs' in an x-large? No offense intended.  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 06:07:15 PM »
Why do you want to do this to the "sport"? Why do you want to do this to your audience? Has the whole concept of dignity been completely abandoned? The poor audience has to clap and act like they appreciate this display. These brave souls willing to go onstage. Since obviously, the competitors have no sense of shame, dignity or self-awareness it is the audience that has to shoulder the embarrassment and keep it to themselves out of decorum and human decency.

Self-delusion is rampant in this sport and you are only encouraging it. If you have a good physique, look like you actually train, at a level that merits going on stage, then I don't care how old you are. Stallone could probably put on a good display. But these guys? There is absolutely nothing about them that merits putting them on stage as an example of some kind of physical achievement. I really, really wonder what kind of people these are. That Dallas guy, third from the left, looks like a corpse. He reminds me of one of the zombies in the Thriller Video. I don't care how dedicated he is going to the gym and following a proper diet, he is absolutely hideous to look at and your organization should be ashamed at encouraging such self-delusion.

Have some dignity and integrity. What an absolute disgrace.

Is it possible to have a proper diet and yet have a jaundiced skin tone which suggests you suffer from an extreme case hyperbilirubinemia?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2018, 04:52:57 AM »
Is it possible to have a proper diet and yet have a jaundiced skin tone which suggests you suffer from an extreme case hyperbilirubinemia?

If you eat too many carrots.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
If you eat too many carrots.

Yup. My late wife once had a co-worker who lived on carrots and popcorn. She had and yellow - orange skin tone. Better this than hepatitis or cirrhosis.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
Yup. My late wife once had a co-worker who lived on carrots and popcorn. She had and yellow - orange skin tone. Better this than hepatitis or cirrhosis.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2018, 10:15:10 AM »
The honest truth? No one wants to see that shit.

I have been to contests where there’s very, very little enthusiasm, almost none really, for the Masters over 60’s and 70’s categories.

I don’t know how old the guy is in the first photo below but obviously he looks pretty good for his age.   But, he doesn’t really look like a “bodybuilder.”

In the second photo below I don’t know how old this guy is either.  His upper body looks pretty good.  But having watched guys in the 60’s and 70’s categories, where they really fall short is in their lower bodies.  The legs and hips are almost nonexistent.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2018, 10:36:36 AM »
When you get old your knees and back are usually shot so you can't squat or do heavy leg work.

The legs atrophy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2018, 12:18:06 AM »
When you get old your knees and back are usually shot so you can't squat or do heavy leg work.

The legs atrophy.

And here I thought the problem was sitting at the computer all day reading and posting on Getbig. Read that Steve Reeves developed great calves because as a kid he worked a hilly paper route.