Author Topic: Trump has set economic growth on fire. Here is how he did it  (Read 4121 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Trump has set economic growth on fire. Here is how he did it
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »
hey phony "coach"

any chance you read past the headline?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:06:04 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/how-trump-has-set-economic-growth-on-fire.html

During his time in office, the economy has achieved feats most experts thought impossible. GDP is growing at a 3 percent-plus rate. The unemployment rate is near a 50-year low. Meanwhile, the stock market has jumped 27 percent amid a surge in corporate profits.

Friday brought another round of good news: Nonfarm payrolls rose by a better-than-expected 201,000 and wages, the last missing piece of the economic recovery, increased by 2.9 percent year over year to the highest level since April 2009. That made it the best gain since the recession ended in June 2009.

His critics, a group that includes a legion of Wall Street economists, most Democrats and even some in his own Republican Party, don't believe it will last. They figure the current boom will begin petering out as soon as mid-2019 and possibly end in recession in 2020.

But even they acknowledge that the current numbers are a uniquely Trumpian achievement and not owed to policies already set in motion when he took office.

How can this be true coach?

I've read multiple times on this forum that he just inherited Obama's economy.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 05:16:39 PM »
hey phony "coach"

any chance you read past the headline?

Yeah, about 3 times

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »

How can this be true coach?

I've read multiple times on this forum that he just inherited Obama's economy.
But "straw man" and "agnostic007" on getbig say Trump is just riding obamas economy. :'( :'(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:24:30 PM »
But "straw man" and "agnostic007" on getbig say Trump is just riding obamas economy. :'( :'(

And Trumptard said all the numbers were fake until the day he took office

Don't worry, when Trump's budget deficit next year is over A TRILLION he'll find a way to blame that on Obama

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 06:34:45 PM »
And Trumptard said all the numbers were fake until the day he took office

Don't worry, when Trump's budget deficit next year is over A TRILLION he'll find a way to blame that on Obama
So...economy going good while Trump is president = obama
Economy taking a shit while Trump is president = Trump

Got it, hyprocrite. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 06:43:24 PM »
So...economy going good while Trump is president = obama
Economy taking a shit while Trump is president = Trump

Got it, hyprocrite. ::)

wrong again dipshit

Obama owns his economy - including the recovery from a major recession and Trump inherited the very good economy and so far hasn't fucked it up

Tax Reform helped corporate profits but so far hasn't done jack shit for wages

Loosening of regulations is still an unknown.  Can't tell what it's done to help the economy and/or what it's done to hurt worker rights, the environment ,etc..  Time will tell

It's very likely the total tax revenue will be down for the year which of course means we'll have to borrower more money to pay for the tax cut we gave to the richest corporations in the history of the human race

I suppose we can make up for the shortfall by not giving federal workers their measly 2% raise.  That should about cover it...right?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 07:03:48 PM »
wrong again dipshit

Obama owns his economy - including the recovery from a major recession and Trump inherited the very good economy and so far hasn't fucked it up

From the article:

Friday brought another round of good news: Nonfarm payrolls rose by a better-than-expected 201,000 and wages, the last missing piece of the economic recovery, increased by 2.9 percent year over year to the highest level since April 2009. That made it the best gain since the recession ended in June 2009.
Y

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 08:11:08 AM »
One of the things we need to worry about while the economy is good, is raising wages and prices of materials etc. too fast. We’ve already seen building materials for housing increase 7% and for now it’s been able to be passed on to the buyer, but if we keep it up, it means we’ve learned nothing from 2008. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.  :-\

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 01:28:54 PM »
One of the things we need to worry about while the economy is good, is raising wages and prices of materials etc. too fast. We’ve already seen building materials for housing increase 7% and for now it’s been able to be passed on to the buyer, but if we keep it up, it means we’ve learned nothing from 2008. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.  :-\
Here's what kills me....7%, but prices went up 15%. That's some bullshit that some of these large corporations making billions in profits can't suck up a 7% increase in material costs. ::) Materials are cheap, even up 7%

wrong again dipshit

Dammit :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 04:40:37 PM »
wrong again dipshit

Loosening of regulations is still an unknown.  Can't tell what it's done to help the economy and/or what it's done to hurt worker rights, the environment ,etc..  Time will tell

It's very likely the total tax revenue will be down for the year which of course means we'll have to borrower more money to pay for the tax cut we gave to the richest corporations in the history of the human race

I suppose we can make up for the shortfall by not giving federal workers their measly 2% raise.  That should about cover it...right?

You just proved yourself economically inept with this.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 04:47:29 PM »
wrong again dipshit

Loosening of regulations is still an unknown.  Can't tell what it's done to help the economy and/or what it's done to hurt worker rights, the environment ,etc..  Time will tell

I suppose we can make up for the shortfall by not giving federal workers their measly 2% raise.  That should about cover it...right?

Here, let me rub some salt in your womb

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/a-comparison-of-two-presidents-president-trump-versus-president-obama-their-first-600-days/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/92198BD0-4939-41EE-B398-6C1B5526FB17

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
LMAO ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 01:11:51 AM »

Dude, for fuck's sake. How horrible can your English get? Shit, the illegal immigrants hanging out by my local Home Depot are better able to communicate their ideas in English, and they're basically monosyllabic.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 07:53:13 AM »
Dude, for fuck's sake. How horrible can your English get? Shit, the illegal immigrants hanging out by my local Home Depot are better able to communicate their ideas in English, and they're basically monosyllabic.

::)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 08:39:35 AM »

Maybe he was insinuating he has a vajayjay.  Don't go frothing at the mouth over it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 12:30:56 PM »
Maybe he was insinuating he has a vajayjay.  Don't go frothing at the mouth over it.
X2 It was pretty funny. Even funnier if he meant "wound" ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 02:13:52 PM »
X2 It was pretty funny. Even funnier if he meant "wound" ;D

Either way, straw hasn't returned to support his wages claim after the article said the opposite.
Y

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
Either way, straw hasn't returned to support his wages claim after the article said the opposite.
You're kinda new in the politic area here, let me explain, whenever straw is proven wrong, he blatantly ignores the facts and keeps posting like he never saw it or he drops the subject and finds something new to whine about. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »
You're kinda new in the politic area here, let me explain, whenever coach and I are proven wrong, we blatantly ignore the facts and keep posting like we never saw it or we drop the subject and finds something new to whine about. :)

Hope this helps.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 04:57:39 PM »
From the article:

I guess you missed this part of the same article

There also are some pockets of the economy that remain mired in slowness, most notably wage gains. Average hourly earnings have risen just 4.1 percent since January 2017 when Trump took office, barely keeping pace with inflation. (Still, during the same period wages rose just 3 percent under Obama.)

I assume I don't need to explain to you that wages increasing the same amount as inflation is basically ZERO gain when it comes to purchasing power.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 04:58:55 PM »

I've barely been online this weekend (worked out both Saturday and Sunday and it's a beautiful day in the bay area)

just responded to your post

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 05:08:40 PM »
I guess you missed this part of the same article

I assume I don't need to explain to you that wages increasing the same amount as inflation is basically ZERO gain when it comes to purchasing power.

NO.  On the contrary you definitely do need to explain to him.