Author Topic: Making good progress --- some fresh insights into making gains  (Read 2077 times)

TBombz2

• Getbig I
Making good progress --- some fresh insights into making gains
« on: September 16, 2018, 01:13:34 AM »
Whats up GetBig

Lately I have been making some great progress in the gym and I though you might be interested in the approach.

--- I do not have a set amount of time between sets. Rather, I wait as long as it takes until I am completely psyched up and ready to go all-out. If this means I have to walk around for 10 minutes getting amped up, slapping myself on the scalp, jumping up and down, that is what I do. The point is to get myself completely psyched and ready to go. And then I go.

--- I do a moderate warm up with light weight, including some reverse work (pull vs push) to help with the stretch and with active recovery from previous days training. But my warm up does not tax the muscle. My working sets are usually few, with a weight about 95%-98% of my max for the given rep range. The point is to go as heavy as I possibly can without hitting failure. I have to get psyched completely up in order to hit this heavy of weight, but its just a couple pounds below what I could do at maximum, which means I am able to effectively stimulate the muscle without exhausting or over-training.

--- I alternate between low-rep (1-3) and high-rep (8-12) every 3-4 weeks. The goal here is to build strength, and then expand the muscle to allow for greater increases in strength.

--- I focus on the fundamental compound exercises. Bench. Rows. Etc. These

--- I only hit each muscle once a week, and never workout two days in a row. This means lots and lots of rest. Of course, I do a bit of reverse work in between sets so technically I do one heavy day and one very light day each week, but the very light day doesnt really count as I am only using about 100lbs or so for those sets.

--- every rep I do, I make sure to focus on proper form, squeezing the target muscle, with "as-explosive-and-as-intense-as-possible" positives, and "as-slow-and-as-controlled-as-possible" negatives.

So the point of this approach is to lift with good form, as intensely and extremely explosive as possible, with as heavy weight  as possible, without going to failure, over-training, and exhausting the muscle. Lots of time between workouts for healing, and lots of time between sets for recuperation and getting yourself completely psyched up. Also, reverse work to hit opposing muscle groups for active recovery and stretching the reverse target muscle. This has really helped me make some good progress, guys.

8)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Making good progress --- some fresh insights into making gains
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:44:01 AM »
If I saw a retard acting like that in the gym, I'd slap him in the scalp myself...

::)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 03:57:33 AM »
Post belongs in training section.

Dropped one letter grade.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 05:54:01 AM »
is it easy to make gains when you are on heavy doses on AIDS medicine.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 06:02:14 AM »
youre probably not making gaines, u may have just eaten sugar now your mood is up and u falsely think your life is better
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 06:30:38 AM »
Whats up GetBig

Lately I have been making some great progress in the gym and I though you might be interested in the approach.

--- I do not have a set amount of time between sets. Rather, I wait as long as it takes until I am completely psyched up and ready to go all-out. If this means I have to walk around for 10 minutes getting amped up, slapping myself on the scalp, jumping up and down, that is what I do. The point is to get myself completely psyched and ready to go. And then I go.

--- I do a moderate warm up with light weight, including some reverse work (pull vs push) to help with the stretch and with active recovery from previous days training. But my warm up does not tax the muscle. My working sets are usually few, with a weight about 95%-98% of my max for the given rep range. The point is to go as heavy as I possibly can without hitting failure. I have to get psyched completely up in order to hit this heavy of weight, but its just a couple pounds below what I could do at maximum, which means I am able to effectively stimulate the muscle without exhausting or over-training.

--- I alternate between low-rep (1-3) and high-rep (8-12) every 3-4 weeks. The goal here is to build strength, and then expand the muscle to allow for greater increases in strength.

--- I only hit each muscle once a week, and never workout two days in a row. This means lots and lots of rest. Of course, I do a bit of reverse work in between sets so technically I do one heavy day and one very light day each week, but the very light day doesnt really count as I am only using about 100lbs or so for those sets.

--- every rep I do, I make sure to focus on proper form, squeezing the target muscle, with "as-explosive-and-as-intense-as-possible" positives, and "as-slow-and-as-controlled-as-possible" negatives.

So the point of this approach is to lift with good form, as intensely and extremely explosive as possible, with as heavy weight  as possible, without going to failure, over-training, and exhausting the muscle. Lots of time between workouts for healing, and lots of time between sets for recuperation and getting yourself completely psyched up. Also, reverse work to hit opposing muscle groups for active recovery and stretching the reverse target muscle. This has really helped me make some good progress, guys.

8)

No mention of Jesus or bunny suits = Fake TayTay

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 07:26:28 AM »
youre probably not making gaines, u may have just eaten sugar now your mood is up and u falsely think your life is better

haha- that was a great post Falcon :)

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 08:05:53 AM »
For those enrolled in the course for distance learning credit. A brief précis:

GTB 102 Introduction to Tbombz

Dīckotomy

by Edgar Allen Hoe (a poem from the unpublished "drawer" manuscripts)

I

It was some or many a year ago,
   In a forum parts crazy :: funny,
That a creature there wrote whom you came to know
   By the name of the Ass Bunny;
In his furry attire, was but one desire
   To be reamed, to be creamed,
As he beamed while he screamed,

"Fuck me, fuck me, fuh huck meee!"

II

Then we saw with wide eyes the Ass Bunny's cries,
   When he turned to Christianity,
No more progress pics or lust for big dicks
   From his home or the penitentiary;
The former man whore deigned to sin no more,
    By casting out demons, eschewing men's semen
From Heaven above, h'was made good through His love!

Or was he?

III

For the moon never beams, without bringing him dreams,
   Of the cocks that filled him with glee,  
For the stars always rise, harking back his eyes,
   To that addict and tweak, to that costumed freak,
With a hole in his seat, horny tricks at his feet,
   Of the once, of the great, of the reprobate,
Glory*holy*ous

Ass Bunny

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 08:11:39 AM »
Whats up GetBig

8)
That's great what you should try is go to the gym do one set then go home go back the next day hit another set  do that for 10 weeks then 2 sets a day for the next 20 weeks that way you don't over train .  ok good talk
p

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 08:59:23 AM »
Good going, BOMZ.

Are you gettng any smog in the California basin as a result of all those fires?

You ought to hold a GetBig raffle for that Bunny Suit.

Beter yet .... Hold an auction. There seems to be a lot of interest on tis boad.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 09:25:32 AM »
How important is avoiding aids in a young aspiring bodybuilders pursuit of muscular physical development?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »
How important is avoiding aids in a young aspiring bodybuilders pursuit of muscular physical development?

Jesus can remove your AIDS  :D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 10:41:59 AM »
For those that never heard of M.O.D. and Billy Milano:

You're accused of the following charges
You're a woman trapped inside a man
Your sexuality no one denies you
But your preference we can't understand
You are the loneliness of all people

It's time for you to realize
AIDS like the plague is from God
For he sees something wrong in his eyes

Analy Inflicted Death Sentence
A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.

That's what you get for having
A penis up your ass
You should have used a condom
That's what you get when you
Swallow another man's load
A lubricated condom

How do you find love in another man's hairy ass
Millions of lost hamsters
Running ramped in your bowels
Take the Hershey Highway

Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
A manly man
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 10:59:44 AM »
For those that never heard of M.O.D. and Billy Milano:

You're accused of the following charges
You're a woman trapped inside a man
Your sexuality no one denies you
But your preference we can't understand
You are the loneliness of all people

It's time for you to realize
AIDS like the plague is from God
For he sees something wrong in his eyes

A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.

That's what you get for having
A penis up your ass
That's what you get when you
Swallow another man's load
A lubricated condom

How do you find love in another man's hairy ass
Millions of lost hamsters
Running ramped in your bowels
Take the Hershey Highway

Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
A manly man
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men

Do you think that covers it  ;D because I only got through 1/2 of that and wanted to puke
p

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 11:24:47 AM »

Bah that horrible looking cunt truly fucking deserves aids

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »
Whats up GetBig

8)

Regarding this topic. This is an upload from this morning (for what it's worth)

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 11:52:23 AM »
Bah that horrible looking cunt truly fucking deserves aids
No one deserves any kind of death sentence except for rapists and child predators
p

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 12:01:13 PM »
No one deserves any kind of death sentence except for rapists and child predators
I understand your reasoning and agree but fagbombz caught aids by letting strangers assfuck him for money, this is entirely his own fault and he is far more deserving of aids than some poor kid born with it or all those who caught it from blood transfusions. Plus he’s absolutely fucking vile

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
I understand your reasoning and agree but fagbombz caught aids by letting strangers assfuck him for money, this is entirely his own fault and he is far more deserving of aids than some poor kid born with it or all those who caught it from blood transfusions. Plus he’s absolutely fucking vile
yep I know nothing about his dealings and don't need to know from the sound of it ....
p

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »

Yeah but what about his great training advice and his gainz?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 08:42:47 PM »
Regarding this topic. This is an upload from this morning (for what it's worth)

"what gets measured, gets improved" i say it all the time with my clients and money

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 06:00:51 AM »
Yeah but what about his great training advice and his gainz?

Haha apart from the bit about him walking around the gym acting like a complete and utter twat as he gets ready to do a set the advice was pretty decent, as for his gains im sure as the aids kicks in fully it will soon strip him of whatever gains he has made