Author Topic: Palumboism - is it ever reversible?  (Read 5477 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Palumboism - is it ever reversible?
« on: September 18, 2018, 03:22:35 AM »
Anyone have even a single example of someone who developed Palumboism and then “reversed”
it?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Palumboism - is it ever reversible?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 03:25:54 AM »
Anyone have even a single example of someone who developed Palumboism and then “reversed”
it?
No

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:47:34 AM »
I remember Dorian mentioned that his gut went down after he retired. But of course, everything went down. If you stretch out the ab muscles I don't know how you can tighten it back up without surgery. When I had an umbilical hernia that I ignore for a year it really stretched out my gut and now it's permanently distended even though I'm pretty lean. I tried all that sucking in my stomach exercises and wearing those blubber belts but it didn't help.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 04:51:26 AM »
I remember Dorian mentioned that his gut went down after he retired. But of course, everything went down. If you stretch out the ab muscles I don't know how you can tighten it back up without surgery. When I had an umbilical hernia that I ignore for a year it really stretched out my gut and now it's permanently distended even though I'm pretty lean. I tried all that sucking in my stomach exercises and wearing those blubber belts but it didn't help.

Good point. Not sure if Dorian had Palumboism but yes he is an example of someone who did correct his waistline issues somewhat.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 06:18:38 AM »
No. You can tighten up and get smaller, and that helps with overall look, but you always see a bit of the signs of it.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 06:28:35 AM »
Yes. You can’t reverse bone and limb growth. But I do wonder if some organs can shrink once off the slin and gh?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 06:45:15 AM »
Good point. Not sure if Dorian had Palumboism but yes he is an example of someone who did correct his waistline issues somewhat.

In the top 6, Yates had the ugliest torso during his reign ......Gut was distended but he was wide with huge thick back etc..... He did not corrected he just deflated .....

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHH  LEVRONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 05:16:53 PM »
Not only is it not reversible it can sometimes be fatal. [1]

[1] Greg Kovacs

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 06:22:26 PM »
I think it's possible...look at ben pakulski in the toronto pro show couple years back I think,not only gut is gone,he could even do vacuum
T

Kwon3

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 06:24:31 PM »
No. The organs stay the same for life, but the gut can shrink as the muscle and fat shrink, too. It's an illusion, like everything in bodybuilding. Palumbo's still got palumboism - small limbs, a swollen gut (that he hides by sucking it in and bending forward in photos), and loose-fitting clothing. Organs are organs, they don't suddenly retract in size because of what made them grow.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »
If I am correct, part of Palumboism is symptomatic of acromegaly.  This can cause excessive growth of the nose, ears and lips as well as hands and feet.  I don't think that can be reversed but perhaps a good plastic surgeon could do something to those first three to negate some of that.

Why anyone would want to risk becoming exceedingly fugly just to win a plastic trophy.  Oh wait!  Ronnie Coleman risked all to win 8 such brophys and is now a gimp of the first degree.  His bones are oversized as are his hands and feet.

Palumbo was a skinny cross country runner in college.  I imagine he somewhat regrets some of what he did for his 15 minutes of lame.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 08:02:40 PM »
it?

You don't "develop" Palumboism. You're consumed by it, little by little at first, but more rapidly as time goes on. It progresses relentlessly until all that's left is a shriveled, contorted and impotent shell of a man; a dried-up leathery husk.

Kwon3

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 08:06:58 PM »
You don't "develop" Palumboism. You're consumed by it, little by little at first, but more rapidly as time goes on. It progresses relentlessly until all that's left is a shriveled, contorted and impotent shell of a man; a dried-up leathery husk.

They all end up in a wheelchair sooner or later.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 08:08:21 PM »

Palumbo was a skinny cross country runner in college.  I imagine he somewhat regrets some of what he did for his 15 minutes of lame.

i follow dave and he seems to be in high spirits often. loves bbing, have multiple biz, nice home in FL, young child, he loves to interview and help people out

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 10:02:38 AM »
Interesting Kris Dim keeps shooting his tris even in a wheelchair.
MIRAGETROPIN

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 10:08:25 AM »
They all end up in a wheelchair sooner or later.

he still has better legs than arvilla

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 10:10:13 AM »
Palumboism sucks,I noticed one of my friends from the gym was affected.

It happened from age 36-38,he is a powerlifter and ten year non-stop user of test,500-1500mg.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 05:30:32 PM »
he still has better legs than arvilla

LMAO
 ;D  :D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 08:17:13 PM »

It happened from age 36-38,he is a powerlifter and ten year non-stop user of test,500-1500mg.

GH also? Or just test?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 08:34:03 PM »

Just test? Thats a new one

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 07:19:29 AM »
GH also? Or just test?

No GH. Just test

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 07:27:39 AM »
Just test? Thats a new one

Yes just test non stop.

I guess it has something to do with receptor saturation.

He used to look awesome and massive.

Now shoulders and arms shrunk and have a weird look,lats are retreating,skinnier legs and bloated watery belly.

It's horrendous compared to before when he was awe-inspiring.

Off course he doesn't have a clue about it,which is I guess an integral part of the disease.

And nobody tells him anything.

Still,his lifts are strong.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 07:47:01 AM »
it?

Acromegaly is non reversible. Excessive GH causes all sorts of issues. Short bones, such as feet, hands, elbows, jaw, patella grow, long bones do not. Limb length is set because growth plates are sealed, short bones do not have growth plates. Organs grow as well, cardiomegaly, heptomegaly, splenomegaly etc. Organ growth is a major contributor to the bubble gut syndrome. I rather call it that then Palumboism, poor guy didn't invent it and wasn't the first to suffer from it. Acromegaly can be fatal secondary to the cardiac issues it creates, of course GH also helps latent cancer cells to grow as well, so it's a buyer beware sorta thing.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 09:05:21 AM »
Yes just test non stop.

I guess it has something to do with receptor saturation.

He used to look awesome and massive.

Now shoulders and arms shrunk and have a weird look,lats are retreating,skinnier legs and bloated watery belly.

It's horrendous compared to before when he was awe-inspiring.

Off course he doesn't have a clue about it,which is I guess an integral part of the disease.

And nobody tells him anything.

Still,his lifts are strong.

That sounds like Palumboism for sure. There is definitely also a genetic component to this. Those who are prone eccaserbate the onset with heavy androgens over prolonged periods.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 10:08:56 AM »
If I am correct, part of Palumboism is symptomatic of acromegaly.  This can cause excessive growth of the nose, ears and lips as well as hands and feet. I don't think that can be reversed but perhaps a good plastic surgeon could do something to those first three to negate some of that.

Why anyone would want to risk becoming exceedingly fugly just to win a plastic trophy.  Oh wait!  Ronnie Coleman risked all to win 8 such brophys and is now a gimp of the first degree.  His bones are oversized as are his hands and feet.

Palumbo was a skinny cross country runner in college.  I imagine he somewhat regrets some of what he did for his 15 minutes of lame.

This would only be caused by high dosages of HGH..?