Author Topic: 2018 Emmy Awards show bombs in the ratings  (Read 3774 times)

Kwon3

2018 Emmy Awards show bombs in the ratings
« on: September 18, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards were the least-watched edition of the annual ceremony in modern history.

Only 10.2 million viewers tuned in to watch the show with a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49. That’s the least-watched Emmys on record.

NBC noted this year’s Academy Awards (down 19 percent in viewers) and the Grammy Awards (down 24 percent in viewers) had even steeper drops. But the Emmys have been ebbing in viewership since 2013.

Monday’s ceremony was knocked for its lackluster hosts (SNL‘s Colin Jost and Michael Che) yet praised for some spontaneous moments (read EW critics’ review of the telecast here).

https://ew.com/awards/2018/09/18/emmy-ratings-2018/
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-emmy-ratings-20180918-story.html

Not hard to see why with comedic gold like this:

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Emmy awards show bombs in the ratings
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:16:48 PM »
I NEVER watch that shit.  A bunch of flaccid fools playing at being tough guys and gals and then giving themselves "awards" for being a "dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude". 

Besides all that, fuck Hollyweird. Bunch of fucked up pervs with more skeletons in their closets than Master Norman Bates. ;)  If they so despise people of non-color, they should refuse their money at every chance. 

Kwon3

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 07:19:34 PM »
I NEVER watch that shit.  A bunch of flaccid fools playing at being tough guys and gals and then giving themselves "awards" for being a "dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude". 

Besides all that, fuck Hollyweird. Bunch of fucked up pervs with more skeletons in their closets than Master Norman Bates. ;)  If they so despise people of non-color, they should refuse their money at every chance. 

They literally can't make one joke that isn't racial or political (meaning anti-conservative) in nature. The mental bankruptcy of the hosts and audience members is roughly analogous to the Gosplan economic planners during the Brezhnev period of the Soviet Union in the late '70s.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:34:45 PM »
The liberal left is out of control and devouring itself.  To wit, the #metoo movement.  Those vapid self-congratulatory awards ceremonies filled with arrogant, self-important dancing monkeys are the biggest farce.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 07:37:30 PM »
The liberal left is out of control and devouring itself.  To wit, the #metoo movement.  Those vapid self-congratulatory awards ceremonies filled with arrogant, self-important dancing monkeys are the biggest farce.

They deserve to be deported to some fifth world shithole to live out the rest of their days steeped in the religion of peace, islime.  FTN.

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:54:12 PM »
Thanks to Twitter and Youtube, people are starting to realise that actors and celebrities, in general, are dumb shits with ill-informed opinions on everything and just because they have a soapbox doesn't mean they should use it.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 10:47:00 PM »
I saw a bit and found it odd that listing of the nominees were prerecorded, and the announcers just named the winners. 

Are most award shows like that now?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2018 Emmy Awards show bombs in the ratings
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 10:59:26 PM »

Seriously, which these 'award' shows that care more about liberal politics and attacking conservatives, half the country just doesnt care.  And many people people these awards now don't go to the best show, but to which is the most 'politically correct' show.  Sad.

They need to cut out all of the bullshit political stuff, and concentrate on making a show with nominations for the best, not just who may be pleasing.

Then, just maybe, people might want to watch it....

Kwon3

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »
Seriously, which these 'award' shows that care more about liberal politics and attacking conservatives, half the country just doesnt care.  And many people people these awards now don't go to the best show, but to which is the most 'politically correct' show.  Sad.

They need to cut out all of the bullshit political stuff, and concentrate on making a show with nominations for the best, not just who may be pleasing.

Then, just maybe, people might want to watch it....

That's not an option. Their success depends entirely on their viewership, a large proportion of which applaud and cheer for the far-left ideas they promote and the libelous, painfully unfunny skits and comments they engage in at these televised forums (see: De Niro's profanity laced outburst at the last event of this type). If they fail to live up to the millions of idiots who are like-minded and dance to the Leftist tune being played by the liberal pied piper, they can expect a backlash of epic proportions on their Twitter feeds by the time the credits are rolling. You see, Ron, freedom of speech has become an illusion in our country. You certainly can go outside and demonstrate with a picket sign if you want. But you dare not openly question the dogmatic poison being force-fed to the people by means of far-left media outlets that blare a cacophony of anti-Trump, anti-conservative, anti-male, anti-White messages at every waking hour of the day. Certainly not if you're an entertainer who wants to continue getting scripts and job offers sent your way.

I recently made a thread to illustrate what I'm referring to.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=648263.0

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 11:23:21 PM »

Do you question that his mother actually said that?

The Democratic party really is a cohesive unit.  I'm sure the bible thumping black women and feminist, atheist white women get along great.

Kwon3

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 11:24:54 PM »
Do you question that his mother actually said that?

The Democratic party really is a cohesive unit.  I'm sure the bible thumping black women and feminist, atheist white women get along great.

No, I don't question that. I question what was funny about that painful 30 second exchange about things that are neither humorous nor relevant to a show about television programs.

The only thing keeping the disparate and often contrarian values of the potpourri of idiots and fanatics that define the modern Democrat party from coming unglued is their unequivocal and visceral detestation of this President and anything and anyone he's associated with. Take him out of the equation and their entire scaffolding collapses into endless bickering, finger-pointing, and liberal-style race hatred.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 02:52:02 AM »
The thing is, I could tolerate the leftist political jokes if it were at least slightly funny. However, it's just totally shit and tedious. It doesn't even make me annoyed, it just now makes me roll my eyes. I actually laughed at times but because of how bad it was. It's become a parody of itself but doesn't yet realise this.   

Kwon3

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 02:53:06 AM »
The thing is, I could tolerate the leftist political jokes if it were at least slightly funny. However, it's just totally shit and tedious. It doesn't even make me annoyed, it just now makes me roll my eyes. I actually laughed at times but because of how bad it was. It's become a parody of itself but doesn't yet realise this.   
For a while I thought I was hallucinating because you suddenly had a lot less posts and a different forum photo and your posts were annoying.

Then I realized Superted Superset is not SuperTed.

Kwon3

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 02:56:34 AM »
But yeah what's ironic is two years ago #Oscars so white was trending on social media. Apparently fans of the Academy Awards were suddenly and inexplicably offended that their liberal heroes on the show didn't include enough non-White actors in the nominations roll. So...now the highest acting award isn't based on acting but on immutable physical characteristics like skin type.

Liberals are also overwhelmingly on the receiving end of MeToo-style reckoning since last year.

What I'm saying is liberals rail against Trump and the U.S. but sooner or later they get bored when there aren't enough MAGA hat-wearing types around and just cannibalize each other instead over OCD-type nitpicking about unfairness and intolerance without their own ranks.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 03:19:19 AM »
Never understood any man watching any awards shows.Just makes no sense to me at all.

Kwon3

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 03:25:21 AM »
Never understood any man watching any awards shows.Just makes no sense to me at all.
gay, a fellow industry actor, or just a guy forced to sit on the couch and watch with a female partner who never skips it no matter how lame the jokes
that's about the only men that watch

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 04:36:13 AM »
gay, a fellow industry actor, or just a guy forced to sit on the couch and watch with a female partner who never skips it no matter how lame the jokes
that's about the only men that watch

Notice I said man.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
F

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 01:20:29 PM »
Why do people want to watch rich people give other rich people awards?

Kwon3

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 01:26:50 PM »

Because they want to be those people. Nothing interesting or noteworthy happens in their own pitiful, boring lives so they have to channel their inner Access Hollywood and live vicariously through the disease-ridden limousine leftists that grope each other backstage after making out on camera, so to speak, when accepting these cheap plastic trophies. For what? Remembering lines and pretending to be characters of fiction on TV? Man, thank god we've got them working hard to cure cancer, fight our wars, defend our constitution, help our economy oh wait, most of them hide their money in tax shelters in the Bahamas.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 01:36:31 PM »

It's a distraction, much the same as all entertainment is, inc the news.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 03:08:43 PM »
These Lib lovefests have alienated a substantial chunk of folks who have critical thinking and a sense of reality.

As well, the mystique of Hollywood, and actors and actresses being somehow specially talented, is fading, fast, in this day of total exposure.

In short, fewer and fewer are willing to tolerate the bullshit.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 03:10:56 PM »
https://ew.com/awards/2018/09/18/emmy-ratings-2018/
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-emmy-ratings-20180918-story.html

Ratings have nothing to do with viewership as more people are watching shit on their phones.  People dont watch tv anymore as much with Netflix and hulu around
A

Kwon3

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2018, 03:54:30 PM »

Ratings have nothing to do with viewership as more people are watching shit on their phones.  People dont watch tv anymore as much with Netflix and hulu around

Streams were counted as well in that figure you chronological moron.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2018, 04:31:16 PM »
They literally can't make one joke that isn't racial or political (meaning anti-conservative) in nature. The mental bankruptcy of the hosts and audience members is roughly analogous to the Gosplan economic planners during the Brezhnev period of the Soviet Union in the late '70s.
x2

there comedy skits were extremely weak so much fake laughing
A