Author Topic: 2018 Olympia - Ron Avidan's Pics and Opinions  (Read 3416 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2018 Olympia - Ron Avidan's Pics and Opinions
« on: September 18, 2018, 11:40:13 PM »
Been a crazy week, arriving in Las Vegas on Thursday morning and going non-stop all the way until I left Monday morning.  Took a lot of pics, for NPC News Online, so waiting until they put some of the backstage pics up before I post any of them, etc.

Will recount my experiences via pics as they go up as this was an enjoyable and exciting Olympia.

For the Olympia finals on Saturday night, when they announced Rhoden as the winner, I was lucky enough to be right there on the side of the stage taking pics, and it was wild.  When Bob announced and said 'NEW' champion, the crowd when crazy, standing ovation, cheering so loudly, almost to the tune of when Phil won his first Sandow. The look of Phil and Shawn before Bob's announcement, aka the long moment, and Shawn's realization that he is now the champion. Wow.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2018 Olympia - Ron Avidan's Pics and Opinions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:45:42 PM »
I also got to meet a few people, and take pictures with some of them, although if you know me, I do not take a lot of pics of myself, because it isn't about me, it is about the competitor, or the athlete, or the exhibitor in the booth. Still, sometimes... well... why not... or other's take pictures of me too.

By the way, for those who came up to me and said hello (the lurkers and friends from this board), that was pretty cool of you to do that.

First, Flo-Rida was at the Celsius booth on Saturday for a little while, so got to take my pic with him.  Pretty cool guy.   At the O backstage, the Shaq was there, towering over everyone. Also, very cool, and he was there to see Phil Heath.  After Flew Lewis won, we took our annual pic together, I think this was the 7th time now after each O. And of course, Angelica Teixeira, Bikini Olympia and Arnold winner for the year.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 11:52:27 PM »
Video  the crowd reactions and competitors reactions  pls brother

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:55:11 PM »
Video, the crowd reactions and competitors reactions  pls brother

I will, probably in a day or two - still reeling from the weekend, and trying to catch up with all.  Competitor reactions backstage are pretty good.  Most are pretty good, although of course, a few are just mad when they did not place the way they wanted to.

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 12:00:09 AM »
 i like how you told those 2 fitness girls not to touch your hands

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 12:08:21 AM »

So the pic of me with Sasha, Elena and Oksana was taken by a true Getbigger.  No joke, right before this was taken, he came up and said hello, and I am sorry, i forgot your name.  It was a cool moment though when someone says hi and reads the Getbig Boards.   

All three of them are figure competitors, Sasha is an IFBB Pro, and the other two are NPC competitors.  All are very cool.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 03:36:48 AM »
I also got to meet a few people, and take pictures with some of them, although if you know me, I do not take a lot of pics of myself, because it isn't about me, it is about the competitor, or the athlete, or the exhibitor in the booth. Still, sometimes... well... why not... or other's take pictures of me too.

By the way, for those who came up to me and said hello (the lurkers and friends from this board), that was pretty cool of you to do that.

First, Flo-Rida was at the Celsius booth on Saturday for a little while, so got to take my pic with him.  Pretty cool guy.   At the O backstage, the Shaq was there, towering over everyone. Also, very cool, and he was there to see Phil Heath.  After Flew Lewis won, we took our annual pic together, I think this was the 7th time now after each O. And of course, Angelica Teixeira, Bikini Olympia and Arnold winner for the year.

I loved his song In Da Club

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 05:24:31 AM »
Ron where you backstage after Phil lost? If so what was his reaction? He was saying in an interview he said a bunch of stuff he should've said, then he calmed down. Just wondering if you have some insight for us Getbiggers?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »
Ron where you backstage after Phil lost? If so what was his reaction? He was saying in an interview he said a bunch of stuff he should've said, then he calmed down. Just wondering if you have some insight for us Getbiggers?

Phil did not stay backstage very long after he lost.  He packed up and left, did not do an exit interview with NPC News or others.  So I did not see him when I came back after Shawn Rhoden won and left the stage.  Losing like that was very tough and clearly, he was in an emotional state.  Never the less, he was there a half hour before the Sunday Seminar started and regrouped.  Losing like that is tough.    He said because it was Shawn's moment backstage and did not want it to be about him after's Shawn's win.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 09:47:27 AM »
Ron it looks like you lost one chin ,are you getting ready for a show.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »
Ron. Did you think Shawn won this rightfully? When they stood there next to each other. I thought Phil was going to win for sure. Its hard to judge a contest when you're not in attendance though.
MIRAGETROPIN

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »
Was the getbigger you met 'the trainer' by chance?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 09:35:07 PM »
Ron it looks like you lost one chin, are you getting ready for a show.

Have I lost weight... about 10 pounds or so.  But walking about 17,000 steps (yes, I have a FitBit) a day for three days in Vegas did help a little.  Still way out of shape, but at least I can walk for hours and take pics :)

Ron. Did you think Shawn won this rightfully? When they stood there next to each other. I thought Phil was going to win for sure. Its hard to judge a contest when you're not in attendance though.

Phil's back is one of the best, probably the best this Olympia.  But, from the front, Shawn did very well.  Very very well.  And when Phil let out his stomach back and fourth while Shawn did not, it swayed some people.  Did Shawn win?  Yes, but it was so very close. Pictures are just one click of a whole scene.  Being there is even different from the video. 

Was the getbigger you met 'the trainer' by chance?

Not sure on his board name, but he did just post the pic of us at the Meet & Greet today...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 09:41:32 PM »

WOW Ron!

You've lost a lot of weight!

Lookin' lean and Mean Ronmeister!
Q

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 09:42:19 PM »
I was in Vegas this weekend and forgot all about the show. But I was seeing jacked up people all over and it struck me as odd. Seemed like every 2 out of 10 people were on a stack. Then on the plane ride home I saw this giant of a guy and he had the Olympia shirt and it reminded me the show was that weekend. Glad you had a good time and got to mix with the celebrities. Shaq is always a favorite of mine. Met him a few times and he is always gracious and has a great sense of humor. 

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 12:34:45 AM »
WOW Ron!

You've lost a lot of weight!

Lookin' lean and Mean Ronmeister!

Classic pussy pulling physique.
P

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 01:41:33 AM »
You can tell by his work that he‘s a true schmoe. I‘m proud

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 09:37:06 AM »
You can tell by his work that he‘s a true schmoe. I‘m proud

Yep, I respect bodybuilding, physique, figure and fitness competitors.  But the bikini girls - gotta love them the most :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
RON, Great to see that you 'discovered the 10,000 steps' routine.  I installed it on my cell-phone about 6 months ago and am currently hitting 12,000 to 17,000  steps a day ... resulting in a 35 pound wt-loss with very little change in my dietary habits.  I had family members in town so I only had two hours to attend the EXPO and one damn long, full day at the Amateur event due to friends competing wthin it.

Didn't have much of an opportunity to take photos but I will post some of what I managed to shoot under this topic if you don't mind. I should also state that one VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE friend sat up front Saturday night and was completely taken back (surprised) by the quality of those contenders who trained in KUWAIT and plans to make that tri to see what's going on.

I'm surprised to see that a round trip ticket between LV and Kuwait is less than $1,000 (US).  OK, now I gotta figure out how to get some pictures posted as I used a new and advanced camera and some new photo app here on my computer. I am dumb when it comes to this shit, but I'm still pretty smart when it comes to Quantum Mechanics and how to cook a hard boiled egg!

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
Ron Avidan
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 10:35:32 AM »
I watching the Olympia on YouTube. They are showing the pump up room and lo and behold, there’s Ron taking pictures. My question is where the hell are all this pics? He never posts up any for the GetBiggers.

J

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Ron Avidan
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
I watching the Olympia on YouTube. They are showing the pump up room and lo and behold, there’s Ron taking pictures. My question is where the hell are all this pics? He never posts up any for the GetBiggers.

J

You should realize that there is a home page to Getbig..... ::)
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Ron Avidan
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »

You should realize that there is a home page to Getbig..... ::)

Wait....what???

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2018, 07:59:56 AM »

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2018, 08:50:04 AM »
Great pics, Ron. You are without peer in the world of bodybuilding photography.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2018, 10:53:20 PM »
Ron - what did you think of Roelly? Could a case be made for him winning or was he that far behind the first two?