Author Topic: Weed-smoking Californian liberals pushing to get the term "stoner" removed  (Read 762 times)

Kwon3

Apparently it stigmatizes the doctors, lawyers, rocket engineers, and software developers who consume recreational cannabis and resent being lumped together with the likes of Schizzo and Straw Man. Musn't say that.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-marijuana-pot-stoner-20180917-story.html

https://pilotonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article_12a31580-bc1d-11e8-ac73-63dca61802f4.html

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Weed-smoking Californian liberals pushing to get the term "stoner" removed
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »
I'm a big believer in calling things what they are.

Liberals are big believers in controlling language.

Kwon3

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 05:34:29 PM »
I'm a big believer in calling things what they are.

Liberals are big believers in controlling language.

They're not believers in explaining themselves or their accusations against conservatives, though. Just look at this cheap last-minute hit job they're trying on justice Kavanaugh. The bitch accusing him can't remember the date it happened, even. They offered to let her testify in front of the senators voting, and she declined. So they offered to fly out to California to interview her profile, and she declined again. That's what liberals do: Bait and hook, then disappear and go "JK!".

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 06:11:17 PM »
They're not believers in explaining themselves or their accusations against conservatives, though. Just look at this cheap last-minute hit job they're trying on justice Kavanaugh. The bitch accusing him can't remember the date it happened, even. They offered to let her testify in front of the senators voting, and she declined. So they offered to fly out to California to interview her profile, and she declined again. That's what liberals do: Bait and hook, then disappear and go "JK!".

Do you mean the #metoo style sexual assault from almost 40 years ago that certainly didn't actually take place?

Dan Bongino accurately said in his last show that when Kavanaugh gets confirmed the leftist scum will call him a rapist for the rest of his life.

They will say "it's never been disproven" just like they do with the ludicrous Trump dossier.  Fucking lying filth.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 12:24:50 AM »
Retarded extreme libs spend their time causing trouble, discussing (with themselves) sheer nonsense day in, day out.
Most pubtards I know,ignore the noise, go to work, go about their day.

Just noise and nonsense... Mindless lemmings want to follow along, have a blast.  ::)

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 01:36:06 AM »
Have these fucking liberal fags got nothing better to worry about than shit like this?

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
Diaagree on this one...Marijuana is a conservative idea...you can grow it yourself...and use it without government intervention..unlike government poison like Oxys and other forms of legalized heroin....

Conservatives stand for less government..at least they should...not dictating what people can do in the privacy of their own home with a fucking plant.

Now excessive taxation on this plant is occurring..definetly not in line with conservative ideals. Boston tea party was a plant government fucked with too.

Im all for not stigmatizing marijuana..same way legal gun owners shouldn't be called "right wing radicals"....big government is the ultimate evil...conservatives have gotten away from this message.

Kwon3

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 04:14:59 PM »
Diaagree on this one...Marijuana is a conservative idea...you can grow it yourself...and use it without government intervention..unlike government poison like Oxys ans other forms of legalized heroin....

Conservatives stand for less government..at least they should...not dictating what people can do in the privacy of their own home with a fucking plant.

Now excessive taxation on this plant is occurring..definetly not in line with conservative ideals.

Im all for not stigmatizing marijuana..same way legal gun owners shouldn't be called "right wing radicals"....big government is the ultimate evil...conservatives have gotten away from this message.

I think you're missing the point of the thread and the article. It's not a discussion about whether cannabis should be legal or not - it already is legal in California. It's the fact that liberals are once again trying to muzzle free speech and terrorize people into political correctness gone awry by stigmatizing people who use common and inoffensive terms like "stoner" to describe potheads.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »
I think you're missing the point of the thread and the article. It's not a discussion about whether cannabis should be legal or not - it already is legal in California. It's the fact that liberals are once again trying to muzzle free speech and terrorize people into political correctness gone awry by stigmatizing people who use common and inoffensive terms like "stoner" to describe potheads.
No I get it..but you can't ban a word...if liberals are trying to make "stoner" like racist or something...then I agree..more liberal bullshit..think its just saying leave moral judgements about what someone does in their home alone...its a suggestion....

Kwon3

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 04:19:27 PM »
No I get it..but you can't ban a word...if liberals are trying to make "stoner" like racist or something...then I agree..more liberal bullshit..think its just saying leave moral judgements about what someone does in their home alone...its a suggestion....

I agree. If something is legal for medicinal or recreational purposes, they shouldn't be judged for engaging in it. Some people overdo it, but the same applies to cigarettes, alcohol, gambling, etc.

"stoner" is a harmless slang adjective for a pot user and there's nothing wrong with it. This shouldn't be an issue, but clearly in California even breathing the wrong way gets people triggered.