Author Topic: Anyone ever come off of Citalopram successfully?  (Read 7805 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Anyone ever come off of Citalopram successfully?
« on: September 20, 2018, 07:05:40 AM »
I've been on this shit for the last 4-5 years.  I had sever anxiety issues and it actually did a good job.  The problem are the side effects.  Most notably the sexual side effect.  It is known to numb your extremities including your cock.  I get hard easily but when fucking I barely feel anything.  Sometimes it just gets boring fucking until I just stop.  When I am enjoying it and want to cum the medicine kicks in and levels me out and then I don't want to cum anymore.  Shit is designed to keep you level so you don't get too excited, too sad, too angry or too happy.  I end up just making the chick the cum and then eventually jerk myself off.  This has grown tiresome and annoying so I want to get off this shit but I've heard horror stories about people trying to ween off of it. I remember Wiggs mentioning being on it and getting brain zaps when he stopped.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
Re: Anyone ever come off of Citalopram successfully?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 08:06:38 AM »
Go see the doctor who prescribed it for you.

Ask him.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 10:16:36 AM »
Ask the doctor if it’s OK to do three quarters of a dose for three weeks followed by half a dose for three weeks, etc. Do the pills allow you to cut them? The problem with withdrawal is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell the difference between the core problem returning versus the withdrawal symptoms, but it is worth trying. I did this with Xanax years ago. Difficult but glad I did it.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 10:50:20 AM »
What is it used for? Anxiety?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 11:17:51 AM »
What is it used for? Anxiety?

Clinical depression aka mental health.  Another looney bird getbigger.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 11:33:20 AM »

Ask him.

Excellent advice.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »

Ask him.

Best advices ever!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »
I'd like to kick Trazodone. Over a long time I reduced the dosage from the original 300 mg to 50 mg. When I've tried to cut it out altogether, I go right back to having the inability to sleep for more than a half hour at a time. I've mentioned this to my doctor who doesn't think it's a problem because the dosage is so small. Going off Trazodone also produces flu like symptoms.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 11:43:22 AM »
Excellent advice.
Gimmicks don't bother doing what any normal person would do.  They take the Rich Piana aka whatever it takes route.  Consulting getbig for questions about their psych meds is the only option!

Strubbbbs

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 12:09:35 PM »
I've been on this shit for the last 4-5 years.  I had sever anxiety issues and it actually did a good job.  The problem are the side effects.  Most notably the sexual side effect.  It is known to numb your extremities including your cock.  I get hard easily but when fucking I barely feel anything.  Sometimes it just gets boring fucking until I just stop.  When I am enjoying it and want to cum the medicine kicks in and levels me out and then I don't want to cum anymore.  Shit is designed to keep you level so you don't get too excited, too sad, too angry or too happy.  I end up just making the chick the cum and then eventually jerk myself off.  This has grown tiresome and annoying so I want to get off this shit but I've heard horror stories about people trying to ween off of it. I remember Wiggs mentioning being on it and getting brain zaps when he stopped.

I wouldn't recommend getting off it. If you're on it because you need it to function "normally", then you wouldn't want it out of your system. There's a reason you're taking it in the first place. That reason hasn't gone away. It's there. Just under the surface. And if you can't see the reason you're on it, then the medicine is doing its job. All SSRIs have the same side effects give or take. It is what it is.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 12:17:10 PM »

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »
I take it. Started about 7ish years ago. Went off last year for a bit. Back on it again now.

I went off it on my own. I don't recommend that. Felt like crap. Really bad depression.  Anxiety slowly got worse.
Talk to your doc if you wznt to go off it. They can help you do it safely so side effects are minimal.

Like I said I'm currently on it again at a lower dose and I also take CBD oil.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 02:56:39 PM »
Are there more folks suffering from anxiety today then in times passed? Seems as if there are. What do you suppose is the cause of this? Despite how much we like grousing about how bad things have become, most people are better off now then in 2008, for example. Have we become a society of hypochondriacs?

Advertisements for new drugs abound. There is big money in the manufacture and sale of drugs. Supposedly, doctors are given incentives to promote and prescribe various drugs. How do many people become addicted to opioids? It often starts with a prescription from a physician.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 03:04:21 PM »

You have bad anxiety.... I wonder why???

https://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=646675.msg9067268;topicseen#msg9067268

Kwon3

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »

https://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=646675.msg9067268;topicseen#msg9067268

1/3 of his army got activated against me last night and I kept them all at arm's reach with one arm while playing ping pong with Straw man's three alter egos in a separate forum. E-z

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 03:09:43 PM »
Are there more folks suffering from anxiety today then in times passed? Seems as if there are. What do you suppose is the cause of this? Despite how much we like grousing about how bad things have become, most people are better off now then in 2008, for example. Have we become a society of hypochondriacs?

Advertisements for new drugs abound. There is big money in the manufacture and sale of drugs. Supposedly, doctors are given incentives to promote and prescribe various drugs. How do many people become addicted to opioids? It often starts with a prescription from a physician.

There certainly is more diagnosis of illness than before.

Kids are readily diagnosed as learning disabled, etc.

In the "old days" a kid (usually boys) who struggled in school would become an auto mechanic or skilled tradesman.

Drugs seek out patients nowadays.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but when you say you suffer from anxiety what does that feel like? An all day panic attack? Also to the guy that sleeps 30 minutes a night, have you tried a sleep apnea machine?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »
1/3 of his army got activated against me last night and I kept them all at arm's reach with one arm while playing ping pong with Straw man's three alter egos in a separate forum. E-z

😂

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 03:37:39 PM »
Maybe you shouldn't come off right now.  Your posts aren't of a happy-go-lucky nature.  If your life circumstances are going to be a problem then put some work into solving them first, imho.

Also, if you can jerk off and squirt then you're not anorgasmic.  If your complaint is sexual then examine sex.  Maybe you're just not a missionary position, meat & potatoes man.  If your fantasies and your bedroom actions are two different things then that's something to address.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 06:12:31 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but when you say you suffer from anxiety what does that feel like? An all day panic attack? Also to the guy that sleeps 30 minutes a night, have you tried a sleep apnea machine?

tough to explain.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 07:36:25 PM »
These posts are great reminder to stay off drugs prescribed or recreational. Who were on these anxiety and depression drugs 60 years ago? Man the fuck up. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2018, 07:14:48 AM »

Don't get me started on this.  This whole situation fucked with me for a while.  It sucks falling for a bitch to find this shit out.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2018, 07:16:42 AM »

Its a good question. It's just a feeling of stress for no reason. Your mind could be blank yet you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.  You never feel you can catch up with anything.  It's not about sporadic panic attacks either.  It's just a general uneasiness. Always feeling anxious like you're waiting in a long line to nowhere.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2018, 07:25:22 AM »
These posts are great reminder to stay off drugs prescribed or recreational. Who were on these anxiety and depression drugs 60 years ago? Man the fuck up. 

People didn't get depressed until 9/11 happened.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 07:26:24 AM »

Why people take psych drugs is beyond me.  It never ends well.