Author Topic: Typical Friday at Southwest  (Read 2337 times)

Kwon3

Typical Friday at Southwest
« on: September 21, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
Oh brother. Can these assholes go one day without fucking everything up or starting trouble for everyone else? I'm sure the libs are all over this software engineer's story on Twitter already.  ::)

Southwest Airlines employees set up a ‘whites only’ break room and hung a noose at a Houston airport, it has been alleged.

The allegation was made in a lawsuit against the Houston-based company filed in federal court by Jamel Parker, a black former employee who says he was fired because of his race.

‘You would think in 2018 it doesn't happen, but it does,’ Parker, a resident of Harris County, Texas, told the Houston Chronicle on Thursday.

Parker alleges that he was fired for a minor offense for which white employees normally receive a slap on the wrist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6191899/Black-man-fired-Southwest-Airlines-sues-whites-break-room-hanging-noose.html?mrn_rm=rta

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Typical Friday at Southwest
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 05:09:45 PM »
What was his infraction?  HE says whites usually receive a slap on the wrist while he got fired for it, I am interested in what he did.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 05:16:01 PM »
He is obviously lying.

Eveey other week some bullshit story like this is proven to be false.
K

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:28:09 PM »
What was his offense he was fired over`?
Q

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »
noose on the door and a whites only sign,was that at my house?

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:29:48 PM »

Likely chronic attendance issues, malingering, or insubordination.
K

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 05:30:01 PM »
So this break room doesn't exist now as it was turned in to an office about 2 years ago and when it did exist it wasn't really marked as "white only" but supposedly black employees and Southwest just knew about it. He learned about this supposed segregated break room in 2013 but he didn't do anything about this all that time and he remembered it now that he got fired for something that, according to him, others get away with because they are white? Doesn't sound very plausible at this point.

His supervisor at Southwest, also black, warned him about the break room.

"'It's just best to avoid that,' is basically what he said," Parker recalled.

The lawsuit alleges that white employees called this room "WB" for "White Break Room." Parker said there was not a sign on the door, but black employees knew of its existence. The lawsuit also alleges that Southwest Airlines knew about this room. The only reason it no longer exists is because a renovation turned that room into a supervisor office in 2016 or 2017.

Parker was fired from Southwest Airlines in April 2017. He was driving a pushback, a vehicle used to push an aircraft away from a gate, when the tow bar attached to the pushback got caught on a power cable under the jet bridge. Parker did not believe he caused damage, so he didn't report it. He was then fired for causing damage and not reporting it.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission conducted an investigation but decided to not pursue this litigation.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »

Why , American Afros cry so much  ::)  

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 05:42:20 PM »
I thought Parker lives in DC?

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 07:27:26 PM »
Looking like "Upside Down Don King" is reason enough to fire his dumb ass.

Kwon3

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 08:14:51 PM »
I thought Parker lives in DC?
Hahahaha. This is definitely a Wiggs story.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 08:21:05 PM »
Hahahaha. This is definitely a Wiggs story.

I said that because both of the quotes from the article referred to him as Parker.

I don't think this is something Wiggs or Parker would do.

1. they wouldn't let alleged racist behavior like that go unchecked in the work place. A "whites only" sign would have been documented and destroyed  immediately.

2. They wouldn't get fired from a job being that careless and then blame it on their color.

Kwon3

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
I said that because both of the quotes from the article referred to him as Parker.

I don't think this is something Wiggs or Parker would do.

1. they wouldn't let alleged racist behavior like that go unchecked in the work place. A "whites only" sign would have been documented and destroyed  immediately.

2. They wouldn't get fired from a job being that careless and then blame it on their color.

That's not a bad point. They'd rather confront the management and have them put in new policies while firing the employees who did it, than run away to a lawyer and attempt yet another frivolous racially-charged cash grab in the courts. Only sissies do that.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 08:28:37 PM »
When the war starts it will be nice because we can just stick to our own and avoid all these inconveniences!  ;D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 08:42:59 PM »
That's not a bad point. They'd rather confront the management and have them put in new policies while firing the employees who did it, than run away to a lawyer and attempt yet another frivolous racially-charged cash grab in the courts. Only sissies do that.

This dude got fired for being a bad employee. He made a dangerous or costly mistake and they let him go. He was willing to put up with the discriminatory behavior while he was employed but now hes going to draw the line.

If there was a WB room and it was initiated by whites and he nor anyone else (be they white, black, Asian, Hispanic, male, female, transgender) said anything to human resources, well it would be hard to believe.

If his argument was there was a break room that was for whites only and H.R. covered it up and multiple people complained it would make more sense. But that's not what I've read.

Kwon3

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 08:50:00 PM »
This dude got fired for being a bad employee. He made a dangerous or costly mistake and they let him go. He was willing to put up with the discriminatory behavior while he was employed but now hes going to draw the line.

If there was a WB room and it was initiated by whites and he nor anyone else (be they white, black, Asian, Hispanic, male, female, transgender) said anything to human resources, well it would be hard to believe.

If his argument was there was a break room that was for whites only and H.R. covered it up and multiple people complained it would make more sense. But that's not what I've read.

The problem is that most companies prefer to settle for a disturbingly large cash amount rather than a black person to court and lose, or come off as an uncaring business. Being born any color or gender other than white or male is apparently a slam-dunk lawsuit waiting to happen if they don't get their way. Who pays? Not the executives. It's the consumers, whose ticket prices go up as a result of these junk lawsuits and settlements.

It's the same thing we're seeing with the excesses of BLM and MeToo. The more they accuse innocent people or a nebulous establishment of holding them down - despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, ignored by the media that brainwashes the mouth-breathing liberal snowflakes on Twitter - the more cracks form in their monolithic pressure groups, until people will finally have no choice but to fight back against their slanders and threats.

The sheriff of Sacramento right now is organizing a counter protest to BLM after they began a "block the cop" protest at a cop convention; this all started in response to outrage over a deputy being killed recently.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article218580300.html
https://www.kcra.com/article/theres-a-crisis-in-this-country-national-black-lives-matter-founder-speaks-in-sacramento/23312320

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 08:57:29 PM »
The problem is that most companies prefer to settle for a disturbingly large cash amount rather than a black person to court and lose, or come off as an uncaring business. Being born any color or gender other than white or male is apparently a slam-dunk lawsuit waiting to happen if they don't get their way. Who pays? Not the executives. It's the consumers, whose ticket prices go up as a result of these junk lawsuits and settlements.

It's the same thing we're seeing with the excesses of BLM and MeToo. The more they accuse innocent people or a nebulous establishment of holding them down - despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, ignored by the media that brainwashes the mouth-breathing liberal snowflakes on Twitter - the more cracks form in their monolithic pressure groups, until people will finally have no choice but to fight back against their slanders and threats.

The sheriff of Sacramento right now is organizing a counter protest to BLM after they began a "block the cop" protest at a cop convention; this all started in response to outrage over a deputy being killed recently.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article218580300.html
https://www.kcra.com/article/theres-a-crisis-in-this-country-national-black-lives-matter-founder-speaks-in-sacramento/23312320

You're right. It's easier to settle then pay to prove your innocence.

The article said he just wants his job back, which is a smart thing to say. If he were rehired that would be a worse pr move.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 10:33:34 PM »
With a ratty pube beard like that, he’s not only suffering from the black, but he is also a filthy Muzzie.

On a side note, I love the idea of whites-only areas. Such small steps can then blossom into white-only neighbourhoods ... and then white-only towns and cities ...

Make white nations white again!

Outlaw Islam.

Expel the Globalist Joos!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 02:45:57 AM »
Another cry-baby AA, I'm sure this useless story will be all over the lib-news outlets, where the white cop who was shot in the face by an AA, I never saw it once on TV..  ::)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »
That's not our Parker.
Q

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
So basically he got in an accident in a company piece of equipment and didn’t report it? He probably couldn’t pass a drug test so kept it to himself, got caught (probably on security footage) and had his employment terminated. What’s the problem?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 06:26:52 PM »
So basically he got in an accident in a company piece of equipment and didn’t report it? He probably couldn’t pass a drug test so kept it to himself, got caught (probably on security footage) and had his employment terminated. What’s the problem?

There was an alleged white break room.  And a noose after he was fired.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 07:29:14 AM »
There was an alleged white break room.  And a noose after he was fired.

And you believe that, that there was a "whites only" break room?  This isn't some privately owned small company, this is a publically traded airline, we would've heard about this years ago if it were true.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 09:05:22 AM »
Racist!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 09:15:00 AM »
And you believe that, that there was a "whites only" break room?  This isn't some privately owned small company, this is a publically traded airline, we would've heard about this years ago if it were true.

1. Have you read any of my posts in this thread?

2. While HIGHLY improbable that any of this occurred, and I stated why I think it did not happen as alleged, there is a chance it could have. Look no further than the workplace practices at the Dallas Mavericks ticket office.

Horrible workplace practices exist, but unless it's been documented, it doesn't seem likely in this case.