Author Topic: News Anchor Suspended After Defending Brett Kavanaugh On Facebook  (Read 1586 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
After writing a Facebook post defending Brett Kavanaugh, who was accused of sexual assault by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, news anchor Kris Long was suspended before resigning from his position at CBS affiliate KESQ-TV in Palm Springs.

The veteran journalist took to Facebook to write a 400-word post defending Kavanaugh on Sept. 17, well before he was confirmed to the Supreme Court. The post has since been deleted.

He started off by supporting the #MeToo movement. “I have absolutely no sympathy for the increasingly long list of well-known names who have fallen from grace because they thought with their little head and not their big one.”

Then, his thoughts start to take a turn.

“You are beyond dreaming if you think 17-year-old boys are not going to misbehave from time to time as they begin to attempt relationships with the opposite sex,” he wrote. “That is just the way animals are made!”

He also wrote “few things are more serious as rape and that Ford’s accusation “stinks of political maneuvering.”

Long added that if he were nominated Supreme Court, “they might have to enlarge the Senate hearing room to accommodate all the young women from the mid to late 1960’s who felt that I had tried to go a bit too far!”

Naturally, his comments and choice of words drew a lot of backlash from commenters and journalist before he deleted the post.

Long resigned the day before Kavanaugh was confirmed and the station accepted his resignation which was “effective immediately.”

He replaced the deleted post with an apology, saying, “The previous post to this page has been deleted. This is a sensitive and controversial subject and I apologize for any offense that this has caused.” He released another statement on Friday when he resigned: “I want to thank those who have offered support and apologize again for any I may have offended. I hope to return to the news business in the future.”

He added, “I wish I hadn’t written (the post) because it’s caused me a lot of headache. This is a sensitive and controversial subject and I apologize for any offense that this has caused.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/news-anchor-resigns-defending-brett-025316164.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: News Anchor Suspended After Defending Brett Kavanaugh On Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 07:29:10 AM »
Ridiculous!!   

F the media

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 07:39:07 AM »
Guy wimped out with his apology.

Kwon3

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:48:01 AM »
Guy wimped out with his apology.

Irony is Matt Damon, who recently parodied Kavanaugh and the GOP on SNL, was himself forced to issue an apology for defending people accused by MeToo since some were friends of is. One day later the twitter hordes threaten to boycott his films if he didn’t kiss the ring, which he duly did.

As for this reporter, he’d still have his job if he hadn’t used the analogy with animals or defended the sexual urges of teen boys. Simply defending Kavanaugh wouldn’t have cost him his position, only blowjobs from his female coworkers at best.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »
The tolerant left doesn't seem too tolerant. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »
Irony is Matt Damon, who recently parodied Kavanaugh and the GOP on SNL, was himself forced to issue an apology for defending people accused by MeToo since some were friends of is. One day later the twitter hordes threaten to boycott his films if he didn’t kiss the ring, which he duly did.

As for this reporter, he’d still have his job if he hadn’t used the analogy with animals or defended the sexual urges of teen boys. Simply defending Kavanaugh wouldn’t have cost him his position, only blowjobs from his female coworkers at best.

Agree

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 10:51:18 PM »
The tolerant left doesn't seem too tolerant. :-\

Mob rule.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 08:16:24 AM »

That's a serious penalty by itself.

Kwon3

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 09:05:37 AM »
Notice that even SNL wouldn't dare put Dr Blassey-Ford in the skit.
I believed her accusation but would think it was funny if they lampooned her, like any other public/political figure.
They could have shown her with oversized glasses and blonde hair falling all in her face.

The only person surprised by that is you, because you still believe television sees both sides of a story. The only politician with the stones to call that lying thieving newly rich piece of shit out in front of a national audience is none other than our President himself, not the extreme left wing writers of SNL.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Kwon3

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 05:23:03 PM »
Idiot
Ever notice the guys fighting each other to 'believe' women and act like feminists usually have a shady past? I bet he's trying to deflect attention from inappropriate behavior toward women in his own past. He always struck me as grimy and manipulative on here.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 05:24:58 PM »
Ever notice the guys fighting each other to 'believe' women and act like feminists usually have a shady past? I bet he's trying to deflect attention from inappropriate behavior toward women in his own past. He always struck me as grimy and manipulative on here.
He's spineless for sure, all of his wives have left him because of that.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »
Nailed it !  WTF, we agree again  :o

I thought Damon's portrayal of Justice K was funny as hell.

I believed her accusation but would think it was funny if they lampooned her, like any other public/political figure.
They could have shown her with oversized glasses and blonde hair falling all in her face.

Why do you believe her accusation Coward Howard?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »

The problem with that is obvious..

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 07:41:16 AM »
The problem with that is obvious..
Exactly, what kind of idiot believes an accusation with absolutely no proof or evidence?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Kwon3

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 07:53:17 AM »
Exactly, what kind of idiot believes an accusation with absolutely no proof or evidence?
Agnostic 007. That is, until it's his turn to face the music. Then he'll have to beg those female detectives he worked with and hope his old badge can save him.

"Nope, won't happen to me, because I never harassed anyone."

Well, someone says you did. Now what?  ;)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 04:42:35 PM »

I think they are smart enough to realize there are some people you don't mock, disabled reporters and sexual assault victims are among them

Kwon3

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 04:48:52 PM »
I think they are smart enough to realize there are some people you don't mock, disabled reporters and sexual assault victims are among them
He's never mocked a sexual assault victim yet, so I don't think he'll do so in the future.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 06:15:59 PM »

Throw muhammad in there too. They never mock the prophet, although they do mock Jesus.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »
Throw muhammad in there too. They never mock the prophet, although they do mock Jesus.
I heard them mocking a black guy earlier, calling him racist names!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!