Author Topic: So I finally watched the Black Panther movie.  (Read 15318 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: So I finally watched the Black Panther movie.
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2018, 05:48:03 PM »
As real as you or me bro. I can give you Vince McMahon's address. He has a birth certificate. His wife is in President Trump's cabinet.

You can buy shares of WWE stock on the stock market.

So yeah I think its pretty real.

When people get hit with chairs, are the chairs real?
X

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2018, 05:52:13 PM »
When people get hit with chairs, are the chairs real?

Are you trolling?

Yes the chairs are real. Often times the wrestlers grab the chairs from the audience members themselves. Chairs that they paid to sit in.

Dude have you ever been hit with a chair? Because I'll tell you from first hand experience it is not fun.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2018, 07:17:50 PM »
Are you trolling?

Yes the chairs are real. Often times the wrestlers grab the chairs from the audience members themselves. Chairs that they paid to sit in.

Dude have you ever been hit with a chair? Because I'll tell you from first hand experience it is not fun.

you must be quite the troublemaker for somebody to hit you with a chair, dave

E
E

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »
you must be quite the troublemaker for somebody to hit you with a chair, dave

E

Earl I don't go looking for trouble but if it finds me I will squash it, no questions asked.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2018, 07:43:02 PM »
Did anyone think Pray 4 wars review of this movie would be positive? I mean given his history of posting did anyone really think they would click on this thread and hear a glowing review?  :) Not saying his review is wrong, but I personally would have went into cardiac arrest if it had been positive. I'm shocked he actually paid to see it

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2018, 08:05:19 PM »
Did anyone think Pray 4 wars review of this movie would be positive? I mean given his history of posting did anyone really think they would click on this thread and hear a glowing review?  :) Not saying his review is wrong, but I personally would have went into cardiac arrest if it had been positive. I'm shocked he actually paid to see it

He was probably in a bad mood to begin with since someone probably forced him to watch it, against his will,  through one of the media conglomerates he's boycotting.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2018, 08:16:10 PM »

Who forced him go watch it? Relatives? Children?

Did he have to make a review for work?
Q

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »

Who forced him go watch it? Relatives? Children?

Did he have to make a review for work?

What triggered me to watch it was that I finally got around to watching Avengers Infinity War.  After seeing the Black Panther in that movie I knew his own movie would be full of lolz.

It was exactly what I thought it would be.  Superhero movies are all kinda stupid but holy shit.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2018, 11:08:56 PM »
What triggered me to watch it was that I finally got around to watching Avengers Infinity War.  After seeing the Black Panther in that movie I knew his own movie would be full of lolz.

It was exactly what I thought it would be.  Superhero movies are all kinda stupid but holy shit.

I just think it's sad that they used a Marvel Superhero movie as a vehicle for their agenda!

Disgraceful behavior!

Oh, and if you watched both Infinity War and Black P, you'd see the feminism shining through with the annoying Shuri character.
Supposed to be 16 years old or something and already eclipsing Bruce Banner, Tony Stark et al.

Yeah right! :D

I'm all for powerful women in movies but that was too transparent!

Q

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2018, 12:19:54 AM »
Are you trolling?

But WWE as a whole is fake, correct?
X

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2018, 05:20:45 AM »
All movies are "make believe". Even biography's and documentary's take liberty and embellish the truth.

Look at Rambo, do you really think police would treat a white military veteran so poorly?

I remember that thinking this myself the first time I saw Rambo, but, IMO, it’s different. They did that just to make the story work. This movie is doing something to push a narrative that’s in contrast to reality.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2018, 05:54:08 AM »
But WWE as a whole is fake, correct?

The outcome of the matches are predetermined.

Though, a non-trained person would probably break their neck or other bones if they tried those moves, so the athleticism and skill is real.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2018, 06:00:07 AM »
All movies are "make believe". Even biography's and documentary's take liberty and embellish the truth.

Look at Rambo, do you really think police would treat a white military veteran so poorly?

Rambo is based on the book by David Morrell. In the film, the police just view Rambo as a potentially troublesome drifter and disliked his unkempt appearance. However, the book goes into more detail and explains that the Sheriff is himself a skilled veteran (of the Korean War). He's become bitter towards veterans from more prominent wars since they have gained more attention while his service was largely forgotten.
While somewhat unrealistic, it can be a believable premise and deals with themes like PTSD and jealousy.   

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »
Chairs used in motion picture fight scenes ae referred to as 'break-a-ways' and were made of balso wood if I recall correctly.

Ditto for the tables that get destroyed.

Used to get hit in the head with 'bottles'' many times but back then I have been told that they were made somehhat like sugar.

And those big plate glass windows wre similarly constructed.

But I have attended wrestling mtches where real metal fold away chairs were used to beat the hell out of an opponent.

Here's a test question for you movie buffs ...

Name two principal actors who died while starring in a major motion picture as a result of the mis-use of stage prop pistols.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »
Chairs used in motion picture fight scenes ae referred to as 'break-a-ways' and were ade of balso wood if I recall correctly.

Ditto for the tables that get destroyed.

Used to get hit in the head with 'bottles'' many times but back then I have been told that they were made somehhat like sugar.

And those big plate glass windows wre similarly constructed.

Here's a test question ... Name two principal actors who died while starring in a major motion picture as a result of the mis-use of stage prop pistols.

I know Jon-Erik Hexum and Brandon Lee died due to misuse of pistols on set.
Q

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2018, 02:54:24 PM »
KWON, I think you are 100% correct but I was wrong by thinking that Jeffrey Hunter died as a result of mis-using a  prop pistol .

I had forgotten about Hexum.

Hunter actually died as a result of a concussion when a prop car was rigged to expload. But he did not pass away immediately.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2018, 03:13:22 PM »

Here's a test question for you movie buffs ...

Name two principal actors who died while starring in a major motion picture as a result of the mis-use of stage prop pistols.

Stunt, U must see doco , 'Klaus Kinski: My Best Friend ' produced by Werner Herzog - Stipetic  ;)

When filming 'Fizcarraldo' , Klaus almost kill 2-3 other actors ,local Amazon tribes offer to kill K.K. for free ............ ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2018, 04:56:59 PM »
Are you trolling?

They know how to hit the person with the chair in a way that causes the least/minimal amount of damage. Of course, in that sense, it's staged.
X

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »
They know how to hit the person with the chair in a way that causes the least/minimal amount of damage. Of course, in that sense, it's staged.

Wrestling isn't like UFC or boxing where these guys friends after their match. For the most part these guys legitimately dislike their opponents for very valid reasons (see last nights episode of RAW and the split between Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins).

Much of what these wrestlers do could get them thrown in jail, but because they signed contracts a lot of the crimes are considered consequences of the sport.

They could kill someone with a chair so yes they do try to control the damage but unless it's specifically in the rules chairs are illegal to use in a contest.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2018, 05:19:55 PM »
It was pretty much an okay film and in some ways, racially over the top.  As stated, the sister was soooooo much smarter than Stark or anyone else.  She also spoke in a racially insensitive manner about having to "save another white boy". 

(Beatles reference)  Ho ho ho.  Hee hee hee.  Ha ha ha.

I fully expected to see "Madea" doing the "gorilla grunt" in "Infinity War" while leading the tribal warriors.  I found that the most insulting part of that film, that black warriors from Africa would be shown chanting/grunting like gorillas.  Very disturbing to any civilized person and no I am not kidding.  It was right there with the previously mentioned "white boy" BS in "The Black Panter".

It was an okay film that like so many before (and doubtless after) it, could have been better or worse.  Not a big deal.  But I didn't buy it. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2018, 05:31:41 PM »
It was pretty much an okay film and in some ways, racially over the top.  As stated, the sister was soooooo much smarter than Stark or anyone else.  She also spoke in a racially insensitive manner about having to "save another white boy". 

(Beatles reference)  Ho ho ho.  Hee hee hee.  Ha ha ha.

I fully expected to see "Madea" doing the "gorilla grunt" in "Infinity War" while leading the tribal warriors.  I found that the most insulting part of that film, that black warriors from Africa would be shown chanting/grunting like gorillas.  Very disturbing to any civilized person and no I am not kidding.  It was right there with the previously mentioned "white boy" BS in "The Black Panter".

It was an okay film that like so many before (and doubtless after) it, could have been better or worse.  Not a big deal.  But I didn't buy it. 

Great points!

I didn't think it was designed to push an agenda any more than I thought infinity Wars was trying to push abortion or the dark knight was trying to push for vigilantly justice.

And if it was trying to push an agenda who cares if it ends up making minority children feel better about theirselves. Just like spiderman was designed to give nerdy awkward teens a reason to feel confident.

Enough people here have pointed out the flaws in the "community and social aspects" of the movie , its fantasy guys either you enjoyed it or you didn't. Its because people got behind it in real life as being "revolutionary", which it wasnt, that everyone got worked up. 

Black Panther fanatics are the same as Star Wars nerds.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »
IRON, I believe that it was you who mentioned Klaus Kinski: My Best Friend a short while ago ... and I did some Googleing on the subject .... but I now forget what I found out.

Give me a few minutes to pound my head against the wall and see what comes out.

Thanks for the reminder!

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2018, 06:48:23 PM »
IRON, I believe that it was you who mentioned Klaus Kinski: My Best Friend a short while ago ... and I did some Googleing on the subject .... but I now forget what I found out.

Give me a few minutes to pound my head against the wall and see what comes out.

Thanks for the reminder!

No, that Topic was about the best actor ...............

Again, great doco .............

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2018, 03:56:18 AM »
You’re funny. That’s what you are😂

So you don’t buy into the theory that this is all a result  of racist marijuana laws?😉

Not funny bro just spitting the truth.

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2018, 03:58:17 AM »
Every country taken over by black African leadership has gotten worse. Corruption, crime, murder, rape, de-industrialization, unemployment, currency weakening, all keep getting worse.

They have shown that with their current mentality, political ideology and culture they are incapable of running a country. Yet they keep blaming everyone else except themselves for their failures and shortcomings.

Theres more to that and you know it. Colonialism and the shift beyond colonialism created issues similar to communism to democracy did in Russia.