Author Topic: RIP MPF Training Facility  (Read 4100 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
RIP MPF Training Facility
« on: October 19, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: RIP MPF Training Facility
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »
I'm sorry you were shafted Coach.

Kudos to you for having a positive attitude, I don't think I'd be as level headed as you in the same situation.

You've built a great reputation and you're certain till be better off than when you started.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 06:44:58 PM »
You got scammed. A woman moved from her house down the block from where I live. She rented the house out to a family and we later learned she only wanted cash as payment. They were there for almost a year when the bank arrived with the sheriff and asked the family what they were doing there?  It turns out the woman lost the house in a foreclosure but rented the empty house to this family from Peru.  Sounds like your situation. They were collecting rent on a property that was being foreclosed on not paying the bank but keeping the money. I wonder if your clients will sue you for the money they paid? What a mess. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:39:41 PM »
You got scammed. A woman moved from her house down the block from where I live. She rented the house out to a family and we later learned she only wanted cash as payment. They were there for almost a year when the bank arrived with the sheriff and asked the family what they were doing there?  It turns out the woman lost the house in a foreclosure but rented the empty house to this family from Peru.  Sounds like your situation. They were collecting rent on a property that was being foreclosed on not paying the bank but keeping the money. I wonder if your clients will sue you for the money they paid? What a mess. 

That does sound similar. As far as our clients, we were able to move most of our general clientele to another fitness facility closer to their homes and the ones that didn’t want to go because of paying the additional gym membership fee, were accepting of our online coaching programs (about 35-40 went online) and a few we lost. So as far as getting sued wasn’t even a possibility. Now, if it were our athletes coming from out of town for combine prep, off-season or NFL athletes coming to us for off-season then we might be in trouble especially if they already paid us for additional housing, medical, training, etc.

Between the months of January-July we figured we lost somewhere between $250-$400k in future receipts. A huge hit.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 11:51:23 PM »
Coach I can not watch this right now. But in short what happened?
I am sure you will overcome this. Looking lean btw.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 03:41:44 AM »
All the best to you and your wife Coach.  I hope this works out well for the both of you.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 05:29:46 AM »
Build a facility or find a new one ASAP so you can keep up momentum.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 06:54:00 AM »
Damn that sucks.  Sorry to hear.

che

• Getbig V

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 07:55:55 AM »

Yeah, I know.  I almost did something along the lines.  Because we know that it can only be two things :

1 - God's calling.
2 - Obama's fault.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 08:30:41 AM »
Yeah, I know.  I almost did something along the lines.  Because we know that it can only be two things :

1 - God's calling.
2 - Obama's fault.

Can't blame Obama for this one, just dishonest business practices. Yes, things happen for a reason.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 08:36:16 AM »
All the best to you and your wife Coach.  I hope this works out well for the both of you.

Thank you, not worried at all. The day I found out my moods went from fear, then as the days went on, rage to the point that I told the owners that if they come in in the complex while I'm there, they better bring a cop and an attorney that the better choice would be cop. It's been a few weeks now, and even though I'm still pissed about the way it was handled, it's time to get over it and move on.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 08:51:41 AM »
Build a facility or find a new one ASAP so you can keep up momentum.

Like I said in the video, my wife and I decided to not rebuild. We sold most of our equipment and now that things have calmed down a bit, I'm working more from home giving me time to build our online coaching platform. Financially, we're in a good place. We were smart enough with business to always and a plan B and if needed a plan C. We have some investments, saved money, etc.

Now, I spend my days (like I said) building our online stuff. I go to different gyms videoing content for our social media platforms, started a new Youtube channel, vlogs, FB and IG lives, etc. This is also giving myself and my wife to finally spend some quality time together. We're going on 11 years of marriage, I haven't been on vacation in 9 years. FINALLY going to spend Christmas in Hawaii and then next July going to Guam for about two weeks (wife is Chamorro) Not having a big overhead is nice as well. We had a 12 month exit stragity, it just happened 11 months 2 weeks sooner...lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »
I'm sorry you were shafted Coach.

Kudos to you for having a positive attitude, I don't think I'd be as level headed as you in the same situation.

You've built a great reputation and you're certain till be better off than when you started.

Thank you, admittedly, I had to change my attitude quick and think ahead. If you don't have a plan and a positive outlook, you'll drive yourself and everyone around you crazy. Adjust and overcome. Plus, as a coach, I couldn't let my kids see me with a negative attitude.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 09:13:44 AM »
Coach, I am too lazy to watch your video, but I hope it all works out for you.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2018, 09:20:53 AM »

Thank you

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 09:49:17 AM »
 ;D

Kwon3

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 10:12:11 AM »
lol

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 10:27:04 AM »
Thank you, not worried at all. The day I found out my moods went from fear, then as the days went on, rage to the point that I told the owners that if they come in in the complex while I'm there, they better bring a cop and an attorney that the better choice would be cop. It's been a few weeks now, and even though I'm still pissed about the way it was handled, it's time to get over it and move on.

When the owners arrive.

Kwon3

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
When the owners arrive.

20 whacks and he couldn't smash the windshield
this must be a short joke aimed at coach rather than a gif of a guy obliterating a car with a bat, since this turd clearly couldn't do it

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »
Coach will recover💪

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 11:11:37 AM »
Like I said in the video, my wife and I decided to not rebuild. We sold most of our equipment and now that things have calmed down a bit, I'm working more from home giving me time to build our online coaching platform. Financially, we're in a good place. We were smart enough with business to always and a plan B and if needed a plan C. We have some investments, saved money, etc.

Now, I spend my days (like I said) building our online stuff. I go to different gyms videoing content for our social media platforms, started a new Youtube channel, vlogs, FB and IG lives, etc. This is also giving myself and my wife to finally spend some quality time together. We're going on 11 years of marriage, I haven't been on vacation in 9 years. FINALLY going to spend Christmas in Hawaii and then next July going to Guam for about two weeks (wife is Chamorro) Not having a big overhead is nice as well. We had a 12 month exit stragity, it just happened 11 months 2 weeks sooner...lol

I’ll have to watch the video and then give some unsolicited advice.  ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 11:39:21 AM »

Now, I spend my days (like I said) building our online stuff. I go to different gyms videoing content for our social media platforms, started a new Youtube channel, vlogs, FB and IG lives, etc. This is also giving myself and my wife to finally spend some quality time together. We're going on 11 years of marriage, I haven't been on vacation in 9 years. FINALLY going to spend Christmas in Hawaii and then next July going to Guam for about two weeks (wife is Chamorro) Not having a big overhead is nice as well. We had a 12 month exit strategy, it just happened 11 months 2 weeks sooner...lol
                  good to hear you bounced back quickly, going with plan B.... good luck in your future endeavors.
F

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »
sub-letting LoL. 

Maybe it was a democrat conspiracy.

How dare this happen to such a stand up guy.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 01:12:38 PM »
That does sound similar. As far as our clients, we were able to move most of our general clientele to another fitness facility closer to their homes and the ones that didn’t want to go because of paying the additional gym membership fee, were accepting of our online coaching programs (about 35-40 went online) and a few we lost. So as far as getting sued wasn’t even a possibility. Now, if it were our athletes coming from out of town for combine prep, off-season or NFL athletes coming to us for off-season then we might be in trouble especially if they already paid us for additional housing, medical, training, etc.

Between the months of January-July we figured we lost somewhere between $250-$400k in future receipts. A huge hit.

I sincerely wish you the best. Hope this works out in the end somehow.