Author Topic: Roman Reigns Leukemia?  (Read 4324 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Roman Reigns Leukemia?
« on: October 22, 2018, 05:37:58 PM »
So Roman Reigns vacated the WWE Championship to go home and fight leukemia. Was just wondering if not the leukemia but the leaving and vacating the title is an angle?
God bless him and I hope he beats it.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Roman Reigns Leukemia?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:00:59 PM »
So Roman Reigns vacated the WWE Championship to go home and fight leukemia. Was just wondering if not the leukemia but the leaving and vacating the title is an angle?
God bless him and I hope he beats it.

Generally they always vacate the title when they will be out with injury for a long time. Fin Balor had to when he hurt his shoulder.

I wish Roman the best.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 04:36:37 AM »
Yes, here is the official statement...

Roman Reigns appeared on Monday Night Raw this week to announce he is fighting leukemia and would be leaving to seek treatment. Just after it aired on the USA Network, WWE sent out the following statement, making clear why he went public with his fight against the disease:

STAMFORD, Conn., October 22, 2018 – Tonight on Monday Night Raw, Roman Reigns (aka Joe Anoa’i) announced that he is relinquishing the WWE Universal Championship and taking a leave of absence from WWE as he once again fights leukemia, which had been in remission since late 2008. Reigns is taking his battle with leukemia public in an effort to raise awareness and funds for research in order to advance cures for the disease.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »
Its interesting Finn and Roman vacated the title because injuries prevented them from defending but Brock kept the strap even though contractual dates prevented him from defending the title.

That said I wish a speedy recovery to Roman.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 10:10:29 AM »
I hope he gets better...I can't foresee him back anytime soon.