Author Topic: Why is Trump lying about a middle class tax cut  (Read 5954 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Why is Trump lying about a middle class tax cut
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
I've posted several threads where the channels you approve of are lying through their teeth, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with that. As far as I'm concerned 100% of the opinion-based programming of CNN and MSNBC is false.

since when do you care about lying?

Kwon3

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »
since when do you care about lying?
ever since some random liar tried to bring down a supreme court justice nominee and failed

Kwon3

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 03:44:07 PM »
I didn't vote for TRUMP because a few extra refund bucks, don't mean much if the country goes to hell.
My wife and I are doing fine and to Trump's credit the economy has done well on his watch.
I'm trying to bee objective and giving credit where credit is due. That's it.

My BIGGER priority issues are : Health care and the ENVIRONMENT.

Health care is not a huge pressing problem the way it was in the past (and even then, only for losers who don't work or have no healthcare due to cost yet had tons of money for cigs and beer). It's available to all who apply for it and meet the minimum conditions. The republicans will not be changing that because plenty in Trump's base like the system as it is now, or want only small cosmetic changes done to it. You yourself have means and don't lack for anything if you ever had a health issue.

The environment is at risk because of foreign countries like China and Russia that pollute it with their smokestacks, chemical and biological testing facilities, and unregulated private sector. The U.S. has some of the cleanest air in the world for being an industrialized first world country and we're moving forward in that direction regardless of whether we drill in Anwar or allow coal miners to go back to work and use some of our own energy instead of that blood-stained oil we import from Saudi Arabia by the millionth gallon. It's a non-issue to people who want jobs or to have more money in their pocket thanks to tax cuts, which this President has delivered on both. Your concerns are old man in a safe country problems. They're not real.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 02:36:32 PM »
Any update on this middle class tax cut

Trump said it would get done before the election

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
Any update on this middle class tax cut

Trump said it would get done before the election

GOP says they will look at it in late 2019.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 03:07:22 PM »
The middle class got a tax cut last year, where have you guys been?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2018, 03:20:55 PM »

Trump’s middle-class tax cut is a fairy tale that distracts from the real midterm stakes
The GOP has a real tax cut for the rich, paid for by health care cuts.

By Matthew Yglesias@mattyglesiasmatt@vox.com  Oct 24, 2018, 12:30pm EDT

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/24/18017202/donald-trump-middle-class-tax-cut-tax-reform-2-0

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2018, 03:32:07 PM »

Trump just said in the last 30 days we would get another one before the mid terms.. where have YOU been?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2018, 03:34:20 PM »
Trump’s middle-class tax cut is a fairy tale that distracts from the real midterm stakes
The GOP has a real tax cut for the rich, paid for by health care cuts.

By Matthew Yglesias@mattyglesiasmatt@vox.com  Oct 24, 2018, 12:30pm EDT

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/24/18017202/donald-trump-middle-class-tax-cut-tax-reform-2-0

Bullshit!  Starting last January people were making more per paycheck than before.  Why are the rich not supposed to get a tax cut as well.  You know they pay the most by far, right?  They also hire others as they own the businesses.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2018, 03:35:44 PM »
Trump just said in the last 30 days we would get another one before the mid terms.. where have YOU been?
Oh, so if he doesn't get TWO passed it doesn't count?  God you guys are fucktards.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »
Bullshit!  Starting last January people were making more per paycheck than before.  Why are the rich not supposed to get a tax cut as well.  You know they pay the most by far, right?  They also hire others as they own the businesses.

Tax cuts = higher national debt = possible financial crisis.

The tax cuts championed by President Trump are helping push the nation toward an unprecedented level of debt, heightening the risk of another financial crisis, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2018, 03:40:56 PM »
Tax cuts = higher national debt = possible financial crisis.

The tax cuts championed by President Trump are helping push the nation toward an unprecedented level of debt, heightening the risk of another financial crisis, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

Study the Laffer Curve.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »
Study the Laffer Curve.
The Laffer Curve addresses tax increases, not so much on tax cuts. National debt is not included in Laffer's theory.

"The Laffer Curve encourages tax evasion and creates disincentives for people to cheat. It also results in a lower Gross National Product and lower Aggregate Demand. However, the results depends on local laws, culture and work patterns."

https://www.intelligenteconomist.com/laffer-curve/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2018, 04:40:17 PM »
The Laffer Curve encourages tax evasion and creates disincentives for people to cheat. It also results in a lower Gross National Product and lower Aggregate Demand. However, the results depends on local laws, culture and work patterns.

https://www.intelligenteconomist.com/laffer-curve/
How does having a lower tax rate encourage tax evasion?  Just the opposite is true.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
Health care is not a huge pressing problem the way it was in the past

Thank you President Obama!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2018, 05:17:01 PM »
How does having a lower tax rate encourage tax evasion?  Just the opposite is true.

You suggested I look into Laffer's curve which I did.

Notice that it's a quote from the article I cited. That quote addresses tax increases not cuts. Here's the only part of the article covering tax decreases/cuts. Again, what the Laffer's curve does not address is National Debt.

"If tax rates decrease, then leisure time becomes more expensive so people might work more. But at the same time disposable income increases, so people are more willing to have ‘fun,’ so the effect is uncertain. Economists do not agree on where point C lies.

Many politicians use the concept behind the Laffer Curve to justify tax cuts. The idea is that these tax cuts would actually increase tax revenue because the tax rates lie beyond the point C in the diagram below."

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2018, 05:21:37 PM »
Notice that it's a quote from the article cited.
I know but it makes no sense.  If my tax rate is 20% i am more likely to cheat on my taxes than if my tax rate is 70%?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 05:24:55 PM »
Oh, so if he doesn't get TWO passed it doesn't count?  God you guys are fucktards.

No dipshit

It was a desperate LIE to try to appeal to idiot voters who somehow may not be aware the Trump is pathological LIAR

Trump and Republican just admitted today that it's not going to happen this year and won't happen at all if they lose the House.

So now they are basically resorting to extortion since the lying didn't work

BTW - even they keep the House they still won't pass it because Republican will suddenly be worried about the deficit and debt again

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2018, 05:34:44 PM »
I thought Republicans didn't worry about deficit spending?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2018, 06:50:19 PM »
I know but it makes no sense.  If my tax rate is 20% i am more likely to cheat on my taxes than if my tax rate is 70%?

It doesn't make sense and unless I'm reading it wrong, the sentence is contradictory. A 'disincentive' discourages something, in this case, cheating. I assume tax evasion is in fact cheating. Maybe I am missing something, but I can't see what it is.

Did you take it that I was disagreeing with the Laffer Theory, because I wasn't. I did find articles where there is disagreement as to whether the theory actually works. Those weren't the ones I was quoting from. I am not an economist. I have no idea whether the theory works or not. Despite what some folks around here think, not every reply I post is an opposition.

When it comes to taxation, my personal belief is that everyone's personal income should be taxed at the same rate and there should be no deductions. Presently, some people are not taxed at all.

All people and corporations that hide portions of their income to avoid taxation should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. -Not sure how to prove that they do though.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2018, 02:23:08 AM »
It doesn't make sense and unless I'm reading it wrong, the sentence is contradictory. A 'disincentive' discourages something, in this case, cheating. I assume tax evasion is in fact cheating. Maybe I am missing something, but I can't see what it is.

Did you take it that I was disagreeing with the Laffer Theory, because I wasn't. I did find articles where there is disagreement as to whether the theory actually works. Those weren't the ones I was quoting from. I am not an economist. I have no idea whether the theory works or not. Despite what some folks around here think, not every reply I post is an opposition.

When it comes to taxation, my personal belief is that everyone's personal income should be taxed at the same rate and there should be no deductions. Presently, some people are not taxed at all.

All people and corporations that hide portions of their income to avoid taxation should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. -Not sure how to prove that they do though.

Agreed.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
Trump's been delivering on his promises since day one, what makes you think he's lying about this especially when he just reiterate it a couple of days ago? Left is desperate to get something on this guy ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2018, 12:24:51 PM »
Trump's been delivering on his promises since day one, what makes you think he's lying about this especially when he just reiterate it a couple of days ago? Left is desperate to get something on this guy ::)

Reiterating it or just an empty promise that there will be a middle class tax cut someday; when and if Congress passes it.  ;)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2018, 12:59:24 PM »
Obama doubled the national debt in 8 years...I'm sure there are hundreds of posts by straw and prime about the dangers of that while it happened.  ::)

Nope, just more "orange man bad, orange man racist".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2018, 03:07:58 PM »
Obama doubled the national debt in 8 years...I'm sure there are hundreds of posts by straw and prime about the dangers of that while it happened.  ::)

Nope, just more "orange man bad, orange man racist".

you should be able to find plenty of posts from me about the idiotic Bush tax cuts that added to the debt and then when they were about to sunset (as required by law by the Byrd Rule) they were made permanent.

We were also digging out of a huge recession

What's the excuse this time around when the economy is booming and UE is so low.

Given the great economy and tax cuts that will magically pay for themselves and then some, why in the world would we suddenly see federal borrowing go up after dropping steadily for the prior 6 years.

Why does this always seem to happen when those fiscally conservative Republicans take office.

Hey, good new. Trump and the Republican Congress still have about 18 hours left to pass that middle class tax cut.

I assume they are convening for a vote right now