Author Topic: Invasion  (Read 24485 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Invasion
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
DHS: Caravan migrants from 20 countries, include 270 convicted criminals
by Anna Giaritelli
 | November 02, 2018 12:05 AM

The Department of Homeland Security claimed Thursday people from at least 20 countries make up the two caravan groups, not just citizens of Guatemala and Honduras.

In a release called "Myth vs. Fact: Caravan," the department also states more than 270 people in the caravans are either known gang members or have criminal backgrounds.

DHS did not cite its sources for the information and a department spokesperson said that information is law enforcement sensitive.

"We continue to be concerned about individuals along the caravan route. In fact, over 270 individuals along the caravan route have criminal histories, including known gang membership," the statement said. "Those include a number of violent criminals – examples include aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, sexual assault on a child, and assault on a female."

A DHS spokesperson told the Washington Examiner the 270 had previously been convicted, not just charged.

"We also continue to see individuals from over 20 countries in this flow from countries such as Somalia, India, Haiti, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. There is a large segment of this population that we know nothing about and we must be prepared to defend our border and enforce our laws to protect the citizens of our country," the department said.

Officials put the number of people in the two caravans from Central American countries at 6,500 total. Both caravans are making their way north through Mexico.

Last week, President Trump stated "unknown Middle Easterners" were among migrants in a caravan fleeing Central America for the U.S. DHS had defended Trump's claim but not shared details of who was in the group until now.

Mexican officials have previously said known criminals were a part of the caravan.

“I have videos from Guatemala that show men dressed in identical clothing, sporting the same haircuts, handing out money to women to persuade them to move to the front of the caravan," Mexican Interior Minister Navarrete Prida said Tuesday during a radio interview. "We know, for a fact, that some members of the caravan threatened [Mexican] Migration Institute personnel and we have images showing many of them preparing Molotov cocktails.”

DHS estimates put half of the group as single adults. A senior Border Patrol official based in San Diego, Calif., recently told the Washington Examiner only 20 to 30 percent of the first caravan were children and families.

Citing the Guatemalan intelligence minister, DHS said the "caravan is employing tactics to push women and children to the front to act as human shields as the caravan pushes against its military forces."

The first of the two caravans could arrive by Nov. 3 and as late as Nov. 12, though it depends on if the members walk or drive.

Homeland Security officials said those seeking work or to reunite with family members will not be granted asylum unless they can prove they meet the criteria.

DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said in May that 4 in 5 asylum seekers at the southwest border have their asylum claims denied.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dhs-caravan-migrants-from-20-countries-include-270-convicted-criminals
:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2018, 10:11:58 AM »
Sorry folks, but I don't see ISIS with tanks and grenade launchers heading to our southern border.
Claiming its' an "invasion" is ridiculous.

Sure, not an invasion at all.

Migrant caravan in Guatemala breaks through border fence into Mexico

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 10:17:06 AM »
Sorry folks, but I don't see ISIS with tanks and grenade launchers heading to our southern border.
Claiming its' an "invasion" is ridiculous.

You're kidding right?  Please tell me you're trolling.  Are you really that obtuse (to use a great word made famous by Andy Dufresne)?
:

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 11:51:22 AM »
by Anna Giaritelli
 | November 02, 2018 12:05 AM

The Department of Homeland Security claimed Thursday people from at least 20 countries make up the two caravan groups, not just citizens of Guatemala and Honduras.

In a release called "Myth vs. Fact: Caravan," the department also states more than 270 people in the caravans are either known gang members or have criminal backgrounds.

DHS did not cite its sources for the information and a department spokesperson said that information is law enforcement sensitive.

"We continue to be concerned about individuals along the caravan route. In fact, over 270 individuals along the caravan route have criminal histories, including known gang membership," the statement said. "Those include a number of violent criminals – examples include aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, sexual assault on a child, and assault on a female."

A DHS spokesperson told the Washington Examiner the 270 had previously been convicted, not just charged.

"We also continue to see individuals from over 20 countries in this flow from countries such as Somalia, India, Haiti, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. There is a large segment of this population that we know nothing about and we must be prepared to defend our border and enforce our laws to protect the citizens of our country," the department said.

Officials put the number of people in the two caravans from Central American countries at 6,500 total. Both caravans are making their way north through Mexico.

Last week, President Trump stated "unknown Middle Easterners" were among migrants in a caravan fleeing Central America for the U.S. DHS had defended Trump's claim but not shared details of who was in the group until now.

Mexican officials have previously said known criminals were a part of the caravan.

“I have videos from Guatemala that show men dressed in identical clothing, sporting the same haircuts, handing out money to women to persuade them to move to the front of the caravan," Mexican Interior Minister Navarrete Prida said Tuesday during a radio interview. "We know, for a fact, that some members of the caravan threatened [Mexican] Migration Institute personnel and we have images showing many of them preparing Molotov cocktails.”

DHS estimates put half of the group as single adults. A senior Border Patrol official based in San Diego, Calif., recently told the Washington Examiner only 20 to 30 percent of the first caravan were children and families.

Citing the Guatemalan intelligence minister, DHS said the "caravan is employing tactics to push women and children to the front to act as human shields as the caravan pushes against its military forces."

The first of the two caravans could arrive by Nov. 3 and as late as Nov. 12, though it depends on if the members walk or drive.

Homeland Security officials said those seeking work or to reunite with family members will not be granted asylum unless they can prove they meet the criteria.

DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said in May that 4 in 5 asylum seekers at the southwest border have their asylum claims denied.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dhs-caravan-migrants-from-20-countries-include-270-convicted-criminals

Since the DHS apparently knows these 270 individuals then it should be pretty darn easy to keep them out.

More from directly from DHS

Looks like all you scared shitless Trumptards can now relax and find something new to be afraid about

Q: Will you allow the caravan to enter the United States?
A: We will not allow a large group of illegal migrants attempt to enter into the United States if they have no lawful right to gain entry.

Q: Will the caravan be allowed to seek asylum?
A: Our goal is to provide protection to those individuals who qualify for asylum under our laws.  Individuals who want jobs or want to reunify with family members in the U.S. aren’t eligible to qualify for asylum.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/11/01/myth-vs-fact-caravan

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 12:11:32 PM »
isn't it true that most (if not all) women/female children get sexually assaulted during these "caravans" and many find their way into sex trafficking when they arrive at their destination?

Jeez, I could have sworn I have heard that before... but that can't be right... these people are just seeking a better life... and now they are suing the Trump administration.... but our military can't even lay a hand on these gentle refugees... but aren't you supposed to claim asylum at the first country come to after fleeing your pitiful situation... however, we need this diversity to do the jobs that Americans won't... let's designate them as "Dreamers" and give them the ability to get loaded down with tens of thousands of "Financial Aid $$$".... this all makes sense, right?!
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »
Then WHY DO YOU continue to support officials who don't have a problem with it?

Just to be clear, I am talking about illegal immigration. Who are the officials I pledged my support for? How do you know they don't have a problem with illegal immigration?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2018, 02:14:28 PM »
Just to be clear, I am talking about illegal immigration. Who are the officials I pledged my support for? How do you know they don't have a problem with illegal immigration?

The left isn't differentiating these days.  So unless you voted for a libertarian or write in, in which case was a total waste  ::) ::), you've made your position on this board crystal clear.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2018, 02:18:39 PM »
Since the DHS apparently knows these 270 individuals then it should be pretty darn easy to keep them out.

More from directly from DHS

Looks like all you scared shitless Trumptards can now relax and find something new to be afraid about

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/11/01/myth-vs-fact-caravan

IF they come through a legal entry point.
:

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2018, 02:22:38 PM »
by Anna Giaritelli

Interesting article. Not sure how the Department of Homeland Security got these figures when no one knows the exact head count in the caravans (there are 4 caravans) Only 2 have made it to Mexico.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2018, 02:35:58 PM »

IF they come through a legal entry point.

Duh

how else would they be able to make a legitimate/legal claim of asylum ?

I posted the link to the law on the first page of this thread.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2018, 02:56:13 PM »

The left isn't differentiating these days.  So unless you voted for a libertarian or write in, in which case was a total waste  ::) ::), you've made your position on this board crystal clear.

Whether the left or the right is or isn't differentiating is a matter of opinion. I vote for the candidate I believe is the most qualified for the position and who best represents my principles.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
You're kidding right?  Please tell me you're trolling.  Are you really that obtuse (to use a great word made famous by Andy Dufresne)?

Did you ever wonder what coward’s favorite flavor of paint chips was as a child?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 05:56:06 PM »
Duh

how else would they be able to make a legitimate/legal claim of asylum ?

I posted the link to the law on the first page of this thread.
Did you bother to read your own link?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2018, 05:57:47 PM »
I vote for the candidate I believe is the most qualified for the position and who best represents my principles.

Thank God enough intelligent people disagreed with you in the last big election.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »
Did you bother to read your own link?

you're right
looks like both Princess L and I got it wrong

(1) In general
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2018, 07:03:54 PM »

Thank God enough intelligent people disagreed with you in the last big election.

One hopes they actually agree with me and they voted for whichever person they believed was most qualified for the position. Shame on anyone who votes otherwise.

Just curious, assuming you voted for Trump, why did you? Was it because he's supposedly a very wealthy businessman or because he's had three wives, perhaps because you liked his persona on The Apprentice, maybe he got points from you because he's a misogynist who "grabs them by the pussy".

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2018, 08:01:25 PM »
One hopes they actually agree with me and they voted for whichever person they believed was most qualified for the position. Shame on anyone who votes otherwise.

Just curious, assuming you voted for Trump, why did you? Was it because he's supposedly a very wealthy businessman or because he's had three wives, perhaps because you liked his persona on The Apprentice, maybe he got points from you because he's a misogynist who "grabs them by the pussy".

Nonsense. Party platforms DO matter. There is a STARK contrast between the parties.

Anyone who voted for Hillary certainly voted on party lines seeing that she has ZERO likability or trustworthiness. Documented as such and as the leader of the left you have a party following in her footsteps....not likable, not honest, willing to do anything to try and win even if the ideas have no traction...even if the press spouts the same 24 hours a day....not a good look.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »

Let's assume you voted for Killary, why did you? Was it because she's a liar that defended her rapist husband and helped slander his accusers? Perhaps it was the way she destroyed laptops and cellphones? Maybe she got points from you for the way she left men to die in Benghazi?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2018, 12:46:00 AM »

Prime sometimes I can’t really believe that you actually believe what you post.
Just because Killary was a career politician & A Lying Cheating morally corrupt, Rapists defender
A slanderer & one that destroys evidence as well as being a repugnant person,
You automatically Think she’s most qualified.
That Really doesn’t say much for your thought process & morals.

America & The world needed A Donald- It was & is the Best Thing they could’ve done.

As a non American I’m Very Thankful to all who Voted Republican & The electoral
College for voting in Donald.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2018, 08:44:08 AM »

Admittedly, I didn't vote 100% FOR Trump, but rather 100% AGAINST Killery.  2 years later though, with the positive results, there's no regrets.  I didn't then, nor now, give 2 shits about his marital status, persona on reality TV, nor locker room talk 13 years ago
::)
:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2018, 09:08:11 AM »

Admittedly, I didn't vote 100% FOR Trump, but rather 100% AGAINST Killery.  2 years later though, with the positive results, there's no regrets.  I didn't then, nor now, give 2 shits about his marital status, persona on reality TV, nor locker room talk 13 years ago
::)

Just like Prime, Agnostic and Straw don't give 2 shiittes about Bill Clinton raping women and having sex with an intern in the Oval Office, lying under oath, or with Hillary enabling him and destroying the victims' lives.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »

Oh, they definitely agreed with voting for who they felt was the best candidate.
They were simply smart enough to disagree with you WHO that candidate was.

I don't know - and never knew - what Trump's total worth is, and it didn't matter to me in 2016.
I've never seen an episode of The Apprentice. And, even if I had, it still wouldn't have mattered to me in 2016, either.
Bill Clinton's approval ratings taught me that misogyny and inappropriate sexual contact with women is not only acceptable in the Oval Office, but actually commended!

*Perhaps YOU don't like the idea of someone "grabbing pussies" because you bruise easily.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-administration-migrant-caravan-border-troops-1196855
Many of the groups I've seen have actually asked their members to not go to the border. The ones that insist are asked to only report to authorities and not engage any illegal immigrants they come across. The Minutemen have been around for awhile and have been doing this for years, the whole reason they were created in the first place. I expect them to be there whether this invasion makes it to the border or not.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2018, 02:07:24 PM »

Nonsense. Party platforms DO matter. There is a STARK contrast between the parties.

Anyone who voted for Hillary certainly voted on party lines seeing that she has ZERO likability or trustworthiness. Documented as such and as the leader of the left you have a party following in her footsteps....not likable, not honest, willing to do anything to try and win even if the ideas have no traction...even if the press spouts the same 24 hours a day....not a good look.

The democrat and republican party positions don't always need to be polar opposite and they aren't. There is room for consensus. Without it nothing will ever get accomplished.

Seeing that you think she has zero likability or trustworthiness, because that's what you've been fed. I don't like Trump and I certainly don't trust him, which is partly why I will never vote for him. Of course, I am only speaking for myself and some of the 66 mil people who voted for HRC in 2015.