Author Topic: Amy Coney Barrett sworn in as Supreme Court Justice at White House ceremony  (Read 37140 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized after fracturing 3 ribs
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2019, 04:22:58 PM »
As Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg recovers, the Left courts disaster
by Noemie Emery
January 22, 2019

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg seems by all counts a nice human being: a good wife and mother, a good friend to her opposite, late Justice Antonin Scalia, a very hard worker, in all ways a mensch.

But this isn’t the reason that millions of liberals follow her health with concern, pray every day for her continued survival, and even write in with the offer of one of their kidneys, should the need arise. The concern for her health above that of all others rises, of course, from one special reason: If she dies or retires while Republicans hold the White House and Senate, it would leave the liberals on the Supreme Court on the short end of a six-to-three minority. This would be a huge blow to the pro-abortion agenda that has reigned in the U.S. for the last 40 years.

The blame for their panic is wholly their own. In 1972, when Roe v. Wade was decided in a 7-2 decision, the Court thought it spoke for an emerging consensus, part of a rights-centered wave that swept all before it, against morals and mores. The wave, they believed, traveled only one way.

But in this instance, it failed to occur. A pro-life movement arose to contest it, and 60 percent of the country refused to choose either side, settling on a reluctant "OK" in the first stage of pregnancy, followed thereafter by heavy restrictions and an absolute ban near the end.

As their drive slowed, the Left turned to the courts to deliver their triumphs, and the conservatives followed their lead. By the late 1980s, with Ronald Reagan ensconced as the first pro-life president and the abortion-rights movement an arm of the Democrats, the moment occurred that changed the Senate forever. Reagan named conservative Judge Robert Bork to fill the seat of retiring Justice Lewis Powell, a pro-choice adherent.

Sen. Ted Kennedy dashed to the floor of the Senate and delivered a fierce and alarmist anti-Bork diatribe that stripped the paint from the walls. As Steven F. Hayward assures us, "Bork’s was not the first nomination to fail for political reasons, but the demagogic nature of the campaign against him made it a watershed moment in American politics, permanently deforming the nomination process for the judiciary, with ideological battles extending to the lower courts as well."

We were all better off when abortion was a matter of conscience, not politics, and both parties had healthy pro-life and pro-choice factions. But those days were over, and the new ways have risks. One is that presidential elections are won on war-and-peace and/or pocketbook issues. Either side could lose everything for reasons not of its own doing. There is also no guarantee as to how many justices a president can appoint.

In 2016, both of these traps snapped shut on the Democrats' legs. First, Trump, who lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton, won the electoral vote by a sizable margin. Second, he got to name two new justices in his first two years in office, with two of the Democrats’ remaining four justices, Ginsburg included, aged 85 or older. Seldom has expedience backfired so neatly on those who contrived it.

I wish Ginsburg well, but the Left gets no mercy, having chosen its own poison so well.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/as-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-recovers-the-left-courts-disaster

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2019, 04:00:35 AM »
any signs of life yet?
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2019, 04:12:26 AM »
January 29, 2019

"It has been 54 days since the public laid eyes on the 85-year-old Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and her absence is prompting calls for proof of life.  The last time she was seen was on December 6, 2018

One wishes Justice Ginsburg a speedy recovery and a healthy future, with the sincere hope that she can make it to the president's State of the Union address next week."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/ruth_bader_ginsburg_watch_nears_the_end_of_its_second_month.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2019, 05:26:45 AM »
Remember that little queer who wrote that her workout broke him?   ha ha ha ha!!!!

January 29, 2019

"It has been 54 days since the public laid eyes on the 85-year-old Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and her absence is prompting calls for proof of life.  The last time she was seen was on December 6, 2018

One wishes Justice Ginsburg a speedy recovery and a healthy future, with the sincere hope that she can make it to the president's State of the Union address next week."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/ruth_bader_ginsburg_watch_nears_the_end_of_its_second_month.html

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2019, 07:08:10 AM »
The State of the Union address should shine more light on the condition of one Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Some of the more conspiratorial outlets out there are suggesting she has been fully dead for a week and a half.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2019, 07:14:01 AM »
The State of the Union address should shine more light on the condition of one Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Some of the more conspiratorial outlets out there are suggesting she has been fully dead for a week and a half.

That's the Castro and Chavez way.

"After defecting from Venezuela, former bodyguard for Chávez, Leamsy Salazar, stated that he died in December 2012, months before his date was officially announced.

In July 2018, former Attorney General Luisa Ortega Díaz also said that Chávez had actually died in December 2012 and the announcement of his death was delayed for political reasons. In an interview cited by Venezuelan daily El Nacional, the former Chávez supporter said that the Venezuelan president died on 28 December, but his closest allies decided to delay the announcement and never submitted the death certificate to the Office of the Attorney General.

The supposed delay in announcing Chávez's death raised concerns that laws signed in his name during that period were forged for political purposes."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Hugo_Ch%C3%A1vez#Early_death_rumours

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2019, 08:02:14 PM »
GINSBURG’S HEALTH RAISES FRIGHTENING HISTORY OF INCAPACITY AND DISABILITY ON THE SUPREME COURT
02/12/2019 | POLITICS
Kevin Daley | Supreme Court Reporter
https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/12/supreme-court-ginsburg-incapacity/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2019, 09:43:45 AM »
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg returns to court for first time since cancer surgery
Ginsburg is meeting with the justices for a regular closed-door conference.
Feb. 15, 2019
By Pete Williams and Elisha Fieldstadt
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-returns-court-first-time-n972041?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2pbitersrM1Wnh5c6DkI-SPDvFJm7pEgV98HtL-_d3XCZ49Y8VIxcZ0XQ

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2019, 09:49:15 AM »
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg returns to court for first time since cancer surgery
Feb. 15, 2019
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-returns-court-first-time-n972041?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2pbitersrM1Wnh5c6DkI-SPDvFJm7pEgV98HtL-_d3XCZ49Y8VIxcZ0XQ

LOL...still posting old photos of her.  What are they afraid of?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2019, 03:46:54 PM »
Feb. 15, 2019

As we say on getbig: pics or it didn't happen.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2019, 06:20:03 PM »
Feb. 15, 2019
Surely there are pics of her coming/going to the court?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2019, 09:18:22 PM »
They had to roll this story out because the wall funding is going to Supreme Court. They're terrified.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2019, 03:35:37 PM »
Justice Ginsburg returns to the Supreme Court after surgery
The 85-year-old justice, who had a portion of one of her lungs removed after cancer was found, asked the first question in a case.
Feb. 19, 2019
By Pete Williams
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/justice-ginsburg-returns-supreme-court-after-surgery-n973116?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR1kVYISI7n4FiH6A2FhcqAPHcYna4htRAKHGxRqy5LmTy41rXHtm02OnNA

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2019, 11:08:50 AM »
Looking more and more like Kavanaugh is going to turn out to be not a very solid constitutionalist so hopefully Trump gets another chance at it or he'll be 1 for 2 so far

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2019, 09:31:08 PM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2019, 06:01:29 AM »
Surely there are pics of her coming/going to the court?

(Apologies to the wonderful Margaret Hamilton)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2019, 02:58:38 PM »
Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for malignant tumor on pancreas

https://nypost.com/2019/08/23/ruth-bader-ginsburg-treated-for-malignant-tumor-on-pancreas/

My neighbor had this. Terrible way to go. A matter of months at best.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2019, 03:00:07 PM »

My neighbor had this. Terrible way to go. A matter of months at best.
I know.  I'm surprised more people don't kill themselves when having a terminal illness.  Why prolong the agony?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
86 years old.

Colon cancer.
Pancreatic cancer.
Lung cancer.

And still clings on to that chair.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2019, 03:34:23 PM »
:o

While pancreatic cancer is very serious, radiation treatment as opposed to chemo suggests the doctors caught it early on....probably stage 1 or stage 2. Even at her advanced age, she has a good chance of a long remission.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2019, 03:44:58 PM »
While pancreatic cancer is very serious, radiation treatment as opposed to chemo suggests the doctors caught it early on....probably stage 1 or stage 2. Even at her advanced age, she has a good chance of a long remission.

I doubt an 86 year old woman with bouts of colon, lung, and pancreatic cancer has a good chance of a long life.  I hope she fully recovers but she's clearly on borrowed time at this point. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2019, 03:48:34 PM »
I doubt an 86 year old woman with bouts of colon, lung, and pancreatic cancer has a good chance of a long life.  I hope she fully recovers but she's clearly on borrowed time at this point. 

Even though I'm only 11 years her junior, I think it is safe to say when someone makes it to 86 they've already had a long life. If I live another decade, I hope I maintain the good health I currently enjoy....but you never know.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »
Seems likely that Trump gets a third SCOTUS pick in his first term.
The Left will treat it like armageddon.