Author Topic: When life is just daily misery.  (Read 10023 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: When life is just daily misery.
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2018, 02:32:51 AM »

There is some really, really low life scum on this board.

This Flotsam and Jetsam thing was better when Basile did it. :(.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2018, 02:41:31 AM »
What a disgusting, vile and depraved human being you must be. A sixty-year-old man playing with his three years old niece and the first thing that comes to your mind is something sexual.

This is what hell is for.
Pellius, I would just ignore this guy as he's obviously fucked up in the head and responding to him just makes the problem worse.

TheGreatOak

• Getbig II
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2018, 02:49:24 AM »
For God's Sakes do you even read this thread or just the specific posts you want? I've already said, repeatedly, that she is under the care of a doctor. I actually talked to her. That's what we do. We go out and try to help people like this. All you have to do is look at her! She's in the advanced stage of diabetes along with other heart issues. She has to be on insulin on a daily basis or she would be dead. Insulin doesn't just fall out of the sky.

For fuck sake! I'm the one out there, often in the middle of the night like in this case, trying to get these people to take more control of their lives while you do-nothings are so quick to scold and point fingers and tell me what I should do.

I am doing something. You are not.

She is on the goddamn street every goddamn day. You don't think people see her? Police officers, Firemen, EMT personnel? You can't just force a person against their will to do what you think should be done.

Now you do something where you live.

Yep, I didn't read that post of yours. Now I have and understand a bit more about the situation.

What you do is really great and often a thankless job but I bet there are many who do appreciate the awareness you're providing to them of how to improve their lives.

Regarding the lady in the picture, if she is under the care of a Doctor and they are doing all that they can, that is fantastic. However, why is she on the street every day with just a shot of insulin and "she can be on her way"? Since you know a lot about diabetes, isn't there a better way to help her leg situation? Can she walk?

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2018, 05:52:03 AM »
Friends, your existences are meaningless; you're a bunch idiots with opinions "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Silenus told you what's what.

As did Sophocles, who listened to his wisdom:

People of Thebes, my countrymen, look on Oedipus.
He solved the famous riddle (of the Sphinx) with his brilliance,
He rose to power, a man beyond all power.
Who could behold his greatness without envy?
Now what a black sea of terror has overwhelmed him.
Now as we keep our watch and wait the final day,
Count no man happy till he dies,
Free of pain at last (Sophocles, Oedipus Rex).

Best of all for mortal beings is never to have been born,
Nor ever to have seen the bright light of the sun;
But, since he is born, a man should make haste to reach the gates of death,
And then to rest, buried in earth piled high above him (Sophocles, Oedipus at Colonus).

And finally, here's a book to discuss at birthday parties:

Have a great day!

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2018, 06:04:48 AM »
What are you asking him for? He's one of these religious folks that are in it for the socialization (and from the looks of him, raiding the poor box). Not helping people.

Nail on the head. Writing all these long spiels trying to justify the fact he’s willing to do fuck all

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2018, 06:18:06 AM »
PURGE
T

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2018, 07:21:46 AM »
What a disgusting, vile and depraved human being you must be. A sixty-year-old man playing with his three years old niece and the first thing that comes to your mind is something sexual.

This is what hell is for.

This is Getbig. Stop feeding the trolls. You aren't new at this.

sarcafago

• Getbig III
  • Keep your whip hand strong.
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2018, 07:43:00 AM »

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2018, 10:25:45 AM »
Her life is filled with pain and agony, physical and emotional. And yet she goes on.

And then you have millionaire losers like Anthony Bourdain, Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, Kurt Cobain and Robin Williams who off themselves because life in a mansion surrounded by their loving families, millions of fans, and cooks, servants and trainers is just too much to bear.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2018, 12:11:07 PM »
The Bonobo way
is very peculiar:
they shag the young chimps

Thats a low blow, gimmick

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2018, 12:27:22 PM »
Yep, I didn't read that post of yours. Now I have and understand a bit more about the situation.

What you do is really great and often a thankless job but I bet there are many who do appreciate the awareness you're providing to them of how to improve their lives.

Regarding the lady in the picture, if she is under the care of a Doctor and they are doing all that they can, that is fantastic. However, why is she on the street every day with just a shot of insulin and "she can be on her way"? Since you know a lot about diabetes, isn't there a better way to help her leg situation? Can she walk?

I don't know the specific on her medical treatment. You have to be aware of how diabetes progresses. Her legs are dead. As necrosis progresses she will either have to get her legs amputated or die. You can't force medical treatment on an adult.

Losing your legs to diabetes is not uncommon. Asking why is on the street is the same as asking why is there anybody on the street. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
Nail on the head. Writing all these long spiels trying to justify the fact he’s willing to do fuck all

Really? I am out there on my own time working with an organization trying to help those with advanced stages of diabetes, primarily targetting the homeless.

What are you doing?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2018, 12:42:15 PM »
Yes, right across the Windward Mall and the bus stop at the Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center. Right behind her is a Starbucks where all the yuppies are on the Apple laptops and sipping $10 Lattes.

A lot of homeless in the area because across the street there's a post office with a huge parking lot for their trucks and they all sleep there.

The will to live is much stronger than we think.

Starbucks' lattes are really expensive in Hawaii. They are about half that amount Portland. What is it with Starbucks' patrons and Apple laptops? It is the same as here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »

So the sarcasm was completely lost on you. That when girls do this they seem to have no consideration on how it will reflect on their family.

Context is everything.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2018, 01:32:06 PM »
Every homeless person has a story. Not all homeless people are substance abusers. Some homeless folks choose to live on the streets.

My aunt was schizophrenic. She was a former WAC and a military wife, married nearly 20 years. One day right after my uncle retired he left her in their vacant home which they'd recently sold, taking all six kids with him.

The last time my wife and I visited/saw her, she lived in a one room apartment. She was incredibly paranoid and perhaps suffering from hallucinations, insisting there were robbers living in the ceiling. She'd drawn "Indian symbols" on her knees which were giving her pain.

She walked out of her studio apartment in Venice Beach, CA and never went back. She was occasionally hospitalized at the West Los Angeles VA and Camarillo State Mental Hospital, which shuttered its doors in 1997. She hated the meds and would refuse to take them. She died at 83. Presumably, still homeless.  

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2018, 01:48:06 PM »
What an interesting thread, full of tough guys, sissies and Mary's.   Posters defending any slights perceived against their masculinities, ,Could easily serve as an encapsulation of the whole ethos of this website get big.com through the years

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
What an interesting thread, full of tough guys, sissies and Mary's.   Posters defending any slights perceived against their masculinities, ,Could easily serve as an encapsulation of the whole ethos of this website get big.com through the years

And the remaining posts are posts about posting. Ahem.

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2018, 02:03:58 PM »

And the remaining posts are posts about posting. Ahem.

Yes! Lol

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2018, 02:24:10 PM »
Really? I am out there on my own time working with an organization trying to help those with advanced stages of diabetes, primarily targetting the homeless.

What are you doing?

I only just read the post that you go out to talk to these people - if so, it’s quite noble. No need to post pictures of this lady though.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2018, 04:27:15 PM »
This Flotsam and Jetsam thing was better when Basile did it. :(.

Can we stop with the “flotsam and jetsam” thing?

The big question is, will the ballin’ broad be dialed-in come posedown time?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2018, 05:10:06 PM »
I only just read the post that you go out to talk to these people - if so, it’s quite noble. No need to post pictures of this lady though.

I disagree. I think it's important for people to see it. What life can be like. That there are real consequences to the choices that you make and things can go bad -- very bad. She didn't mind at all when I asked to take a picture. She was like, "Let them see. Let what happens to some people. What some have to go through."

Those weren't her exact words. She didn't want to show her face. That told me that she didn't want to be recognized. That there is someone out there that knows her.

But you can't close your eyes to the harsh and brutal realities of the world. That's why I always encourage people to post videos of terrorist performing their acts of cruelty. To see with your own eyes what happens in this world. Even if you can't do something directly it stirs a certain mindset.

There were young knights among them who had never been present at a stricken field. Some could not look upon it and some could not speak, and they held themselves apart from the others who were cutting down the prisoners at my Lord's orders, for the prisoners were a body too numerous to be guarded by those of us who were left. Then Jean de Rye, an aged knight of Burgundy who had been sore wounded in the battle, rode up to the group of young knights and said, "Are ye maidens with your downcast eyes? Look well upon it. See all of it. Close your eyes to nothing. For a battle is fought to be won. And it is this that happens if you lose."

-- Medieval Chronicles

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2018, 10:27:40 AM »
I don't understand, I thought pellius was an old-school conservative.  Is he advocating for social services for those less fortunate than him?  Social services that would be paid for using taxpayers' money? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2018, 01:51:32 PM »
I don't understand, I thought pellius was an old-school conservative.  Is he advocating for social services for those less fortunate than him?  Social services that would be paid for using taxpayers' money? 

How else would social services be financed?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2018, 03:39:02 PM »

Oh for chrissakes! Really? A big, big difference between a government program and independent charities like my church and volunteer groups.

People think that conservatives are against charity. Helping those less fortunate than themselves. We oppose a third party taking resources from one group and giving it to another that they think needs it more.

All studies have shown that conservatives to both the House and Senate give more personal charity than liberals who support more money for government programs. Al Gore was one of the most stingiest members in the Senate but the most supportive of government giveaways.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2018, 03:40:58 PM »
How else would social services be financed?

Personal generosity. Good people donating their time, money and energy to try to make the world a better place.

Some people still believe in the concept of good and evil and that it matters, even in a cosmic sense, what side you are on.