Author Topic: When life is just daily misery.  (Read 10010 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
When life is just daily misery.
« on: November 09, 2018, 10:45:07 PM »
Alone, old, freezing, wet, hungry, sick, legs rotting off before your eyes due to diabetes, missing and rotting teeth, no realistic hope for the future.

Is there a point when it's just not worth it anymore? When every day is just pure abject misery. I sure would like to know this person's story.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
Re: When life is just daily misery.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 11:01:45 PM »
Alone, old, freezing, wet, hungry, sick, legs rotting off before your eyes due to diabetes, missing and rotting teeth, no realistic hope for the future.

Is there a point when it's just not worth it anymore? When every day is just pure abject misery. I sure would like to know this person's story.

Murrica! Dont need no accessible  healthcare for everyone! No Sir!

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 11:26:42 PM »
Wow did you take this pic? I guarantee if there was a little viral exposure given to her she would be inundated with help. That's about as bad as it gets :-\ :-\

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:58:00 PM »
is there no state hospital for her to be treated . . .?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 12:05:17 AM »
Women are very stubborn
A

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 12:24:27 AM »
Wow did you take this pic? I guarantee if there was a little viral exposure given to her she would be inundated with help. That's about as bad as it gets :-\ :-\

Yes, right across the Windward Mall and the bus stop at the Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center. Right behind her is a Starbucks where all the yuppies are on the Apple laptops and sipping $10 Lattes.

A lot of homeless in the area because across the street there's a post office with a huge parking lot for their trucks and they all sleep there.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 12:30:21 AM »
is there no state hospital for her to be treated . . .?

There use to be. They were called Sanitoriums (insane asylums). The vast majority are mentally ill and addicts so they were taken off the streets and housed there. It was no paradise but they got shelter, food and medical care.

The ACLU got rid of the Sanitoriums so now they are just on the streets.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 12:32:16 AM »

She's out there all the time.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 02:45:07 AM »
Most of the selfish fucks on here wouldn`t piss in her ear if her brain was on fire.

I cried because I had no shoes,then I met a man with no feet.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 03:27:18 AM »
Well without wellfare system it's survival of the fittest. Only the strong or able to adapt and make it on their own survive. Maybe it's for the better.

A society where freaks and unfit people are able to procreate is not evolving.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 03:44:47 AM »
There use to be. They were called Sanitoriums (insane asylums). The vast majority are mentally ill and addicts so they were taken off the streets and housed there. It was no paradise but they got shelter, food and medical care.

The ACLU got rid of the Sanitoriums so now they are just on the streets.

This.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 04:13:43 AM »
She's out there all the time.

You can bring her food and water.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 04:31:07 AM »

Do you do that?

That area is overrun by homeless people. Giving them food and water isn't going to help. There are several church groups that do that. Just last week some girls from my church took it upon themselves and passed out McDonald's cheese burgers to the homeless.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 04:36:07 AM »
Life in the paradise of Hawaii.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 05:34:29 AM »
There are homeless shelters in all metro areas but many homeless won't go there as you aren't allowed to bring in drugs and alcohol.  The mentally ill sometimes refuse help and that's the dilemma, do you force a person into a treatment center against their will?  In the case of the woman in the picture I would say yes.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 06:20:15 AM »

Or he could just post her pic up on Getbig to be the object of ridicule before he scuttled off to cut a Kwikset key at his hardware job :shrug:.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 08:47:52 AM »

The same amount of time you spent on this thread, you could organise a gofundme for this lady and change her life.That picture will move alot of people.

TheGreatOak

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 09:03:05 AM »
The same amount of time you spent on this thread, you could organise a gofundme for this lady and change her life.That picture will move alot of people.

Yes, I once tried that for a homeless person in San Francisco (I think it was). I tried to arrange a photographer to take some pictures of the person and tell their story in an editorial. Unfortunately it was never came to be, but it was very close to getting that person some help to better their daily life, at least for a while with the influx of funds.

This lady needs extreme help. Not some fuckface as wes alluded to. This person is in serious dire straits. They would be suffering daily and it's no way to live.

Like I mentioned in the first paragraph, you could arrange for a newspaper to tell her story or a local photographer to do a pro-bono (or for a small fee) a photo-editorial on her, with the chance it may go viral. Set up a GoFundMe and have that mentioned in the editorial or wherever the photographer/newspaper tells their story. You could even make it something for the many homeless people in your area, by having a story told every week or month, and a GoFundMe to send whatever funds people can.

In this digital world of social media, something can spread like wildfire. People will care when they see the story. She needs hospital care and to get as much medical help as there can be.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 09:26:34 AM »
Sadly, a majority of these types cannot be helped.

Life is cruel.

Each day rise in victory and push for all you’re worth.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »
She’s mentally ill and can’t be helped. That’s just the way life is.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 11:13:39 AM »
There are homeless shelters in all metro areas but many homeless won't go there as you aren't allowed to bring in drugs and alcohol.  The mentally ill sometimes refuse help and that's the dilemma, do you force a person into a treatment center against their will?  In the case of the woman in the picture I would say yes.

Sadly, a majority of these types cannot be helped.

Life is cruel.

Each day rise in victory and push for all you’re worth.
She’s mentally ill and can’t be helped. That’s just the way life is.

^all of these

I don't know what the answer is. I've worked outreach programs that were set up to help the disenfranchised. Some people have had it so bad they just quit on life.

They've given up all hope and it's hard to change that mindset. As horrible as their life is its comforting to them because its what they know.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »
if that putrid presentation of grotesque genetic waste had any decency at all it would roll itself into the ocean.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »

That's how the ACLU got the sanitoriums closed. They argued that you can't keep a person in a facility against their will. Even if they are mentally ill and are disrupting the peace.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 02:28:24 PM »
Or he could just post her pic up on Getbig to be the object of ridicule before he scuttled off to cut a Kwikset key at his hardware job :shrug:.

You think that's why I posted it? Is anybody ridiculing her?

What a dick.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »

Really? Why don't you do that?