Author Topic: The Value of bodybuilding magazines  (Read 4832 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The Value of bodybuilding magazines
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:05:48 PM »
You can say there's no place for printed publication anymore , but think about this .... Shawn Rhoden is the first Mr.Olympia to not be featured on the cover of Bodybuilding mag since Larry Scott's times !

Not long ago the average Joe, could have an idea who the top Bodybuilder in the world was because there were like two, even three  magazines on stand at the same time with the cuttent Mr.O champ on cover and displayed for a decent while  ...

Sure you have the internet Now, but sadly Shawn R gets lost in that deep sea of fitness crap, you have tons of nobodies with more popularity and even more coverage than the current Mr.O there  ....

WooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
Re: The Value of bodybuilding magazines
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 02:08:19 PM »
Dolph > Rhoden

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »
Geared up bodybuilders are now ridiculed by the general public. The trend is toward fit, moderately muscled physiques and what better example than a guy like Dolph?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 03:24:23 PM »
Bodybuilding is dead but it could be resurrected if the right person were in charge with vision and money.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 04:04:06 PM »
They couldn't keep Rhoden awake long enough to do the cover shoot.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 07:06:35 PM »
Geared up bodybuilders are now ridiculed by the general public. The trend is toward fit, moderately muscled physiques and what better example than a guy like Dolph?

True.  Bodybuilding attracts many insecure individuals and now they are all training in jui jitsu.  People know the secret of muscles and also know without the assist the muscles disappear. Steroided up guys just look ridiculous now and look cosmetic. Only the clueless are impressed. A natural muscular guy who couldn't come in 10th place at a local bodybuilding contest at a local high school looks more impressive. Don't get me wrong. I'm impressed with what hard work and drugs can accomplish but I never forget for one minute that in three months off the juice they look like a shadow of their former self.

A guy built like this guy would get more attention from women and the general public than the bloated pro's we have now.

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »
True.  Bodybuilding attracts many insecure individuals and now they are all training in jui jitsu.  People know the secret of muscles and also know without the assist the muscles disappear. Steroided up guys just look ridiculous now and look cosmetic. Only the clueless are impressed. A natural muscular guy who couldn't come in 10th place at a local bodybuilding contest at a local high school looks more impressive. Don't get me wrong. I'm impressed with what hard work and drugs can accomplish but I never forget for one minute that in three months off the juice they look like a shadow of their former self.

A guy built like this guy would get more attention from women and the general public than the bloated pro's we have now.

I beg to differ

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 02:41:03 AM »
That guy would be laughed at by almost all women.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 03:20:24 AM »

This. 

The show is over. 

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 05:27:00 AM »
True.  Bodybuilding attracts many insecure individuals and now they are all training in jui jitsu. People know the secret of muscles and also know without the assist the muscles disappear. Steroided up guys just look ridiculous now and look cosmetic. Only the clueless are impressed. A natural muscular guy who couldn't come in 10th place at a local bodybuilding contest at a local high school looks more impressive. Don't get me wrong. I'm impressed with what hard work and drugs can accomplish but I never forget for one minute that in three months off the juice they look like a shadow of their former self.

Sad but true .

Back in the day , I used to think Arnold started a fitness revolution .....  We didn't know better but Arnold is Arnold because of Conan ,Terminator and Predator good action movies .

Today, Millennials look at Arnold (the bodybuilder from the 70's ) and they just see a chemical assisted gym goer .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 05:30:09 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 05:48:56 AM »
if you have old ones like the ones pic'd below they are worth 20-50 bucks on ebay.
F

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 07:29:24 AM »
without the drugs , they're nothing

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 09:28:07 AM »
without the drugs , they're nothing

They turn back into Clark Kent.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 09:42:58 AM »
Some women are attracted to guys with muscular arms. In previous centuries, like the 1500's women were attracted to fat men because it suggested that they were successful and rich. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »
Some women are attracted to guys with muscular arms. In previous centuries, like the 1500's women were attracted to fat men because it suggested that they were successful and rich. 

Good point.

Woman are still attracted to rich men.

Nowadays, they verify the bank accounts and investment portfolios.

Unfortunately, nowadays poor men can be fat.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 10:30:10 AM »
Bodybuilding is dead but it could be resurrected if the right person were in charge with vision and money.

I have the vision, but not the money. I can make bodybuilding a bigger global sport than soccer.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 10:35:54 AM »
Good point.

Woman are still attracted to rich men.

Nowadays, they verify the bank accounts and investment portfolios.

Unfortunately, nowadays poor men can be fat.
     thanks to the miracle of mcdonalds.
F

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 10:57:23 AM »

Women will always be attracted to rich men.

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 12:15:44 AM »
Only gay men could keep bodybuilding mags going.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 02:33:12 AM »
Only gay men could keep bodybuilding mags going.

SF1900’s home has been described as a “magazine library”

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2018, 03:04:14 AM »
SF1900’s home has been described as a “magazine library”

SHERLOCK HOLMES!!
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 04:07:52 AM »
SHERLOCK HOLMES!!

When you first told your parents that you wanted to become a “librarian”, they were proud... UNTIL they visited your vile home 🤮

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 04:08:49 AM »
When you first told your parents that you wanted to become a “librarian”, they were proud... UNTIL they visited your vile home 🤮

SHERLOCK HOLMES!!!
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2018, 04:11:49 AM »
SHERLOCK HOLMES!!!

And your parents have not set foot in your residence ever since