Author Topic: An aspect of immigrants I find curious?  (Read 4537 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: An aspect of immigrants I find curious?
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 04:28:53 AM »
Seems like an honest question, and I see you got the usual Trumpster support input so I figured I would respond to level the field.

As far as raising their countries flag, I haven't seen that, but if they are, then screw them.

I get that a person is so distraught about their government, the corruption, the crime that they want to leave that environment for another country.  Hell I have family that lost their home and business to the drug cartels of Mexico so I get that., But they don't sing the praises of the government that turned a blind eye to the cartels taking over their homes and  kicking them out of their family run business of over 30 years. So in my opinion, if they are so loyal to their country that they want to hold up flags ( if that is the case) then stay in your country and make it better,  no matter the cost.

You haven't seen that?  Where have you been?

James

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 06:17:23 AM »
Seems like an honest question, and I see you got the usual Trumpster support input so I figured I would respond to level the field.

As far as raising their countries flag, I haven't seen that, but if they are, then screw them.

I get that a person is so distraught about their government, the corruption, the crime that they want to leave that environment for another country.  Hell I have family that lost their home and business to the drug cartels of Mexico so I get that., But they don't sing the praises of the government that turned a blind eye to the cartels taking over their homes and  kicking them out of their family run business of over 30 years. So in my opinion, if they are so loyal to their country that they want to hold up flags ( if that is the case) then stay in your country and make it better,  no matter the cost.

And you wont on MSNBC or CNN.

Here they are raising their Honduran flag on the top of the Mexican/USA Border Wall last week:

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 07:56:49 AM »
For those seeking asylum, they may be escaping gangs or oppression which they aren't holding their country accountable for.  Some folks may be joining families who live in the U.S. and this is the only reason they want to immigrate. There are likely other explanations as well.

More so a lot of these people are fleeing their shitholes due to US intervention, how many of these countries were destabilized in part by  american intervention? central america wasn't the asylum factory before the us help toppled the medellin cartel, giving rise to the mexicans

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 08:09:00 AM »
More so a lot of these people are fleeing their shitholes due to US intervention, how many of these countries were destabilized in part by  american intervention? central america wasn't the asylum factory before the us help toppled the medellin cartel, giving rise to the mexicans

The Soviets too had a hand in destabilizing these Central American crapholes.

And toppling the Medellin cartel had to be done.  In the 80s, the violence had spilled into Miami and would have spread further inland into the US.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 08:11:47 AM »
a group of military aged males that fly their countries flag while illegally entering into another country..

maybe the dictionary has it wrong...... but um....

thats called an IN FUCKIN VASION for all you history buffs..

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 08:14:54 AM »
I get it. They want to come to the USA to build a better life.
But, as I look at the recent coverage of the "Caravan" now at the S. Cal Border, I'm perplexed by something.

Many immigrants proudly hold up the flag of their birth nation.
When asked they often talk about how great their country is
Ok, I understand and respect national pride.

BUT, if their country was so much better, why do they demand to come here?

it's not just immigrants, id venture to say most of the 4th\5th generation irish in boston has never stepped foot on irish soil but still fly an irish flag outside of their triple deckers.  it's really only the folks in flyovers that lose their old world identity

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 11:22:53 AM »
But, as I look at the recent coverage of the "Caravan" now at the S. Cal Border, I'm perplexed by something.

I think they are acknowledging their heritage or country of origin.  It's not about what's better.  Their immigration is about what's better for them.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »
a group of military aged males that fly your countries flag while illegally entering into another country..

maybe the dictionary has it wrong...... but um....

thats called an IN FUCKIN VASION for all you history buffs..
This guy knows!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2018, 07:38:35 PM »
I think they are acknowledging their heritage or country of origin.  It's not about what's better.  Their immigration is about what's better for them.

Still, if your country sucks so much you make a thousand plus mile journey to get away from it, perhaps you should at least wait until you get where you are going, establish roots, etc before you start waving the flag of the country you didn't feel you needed to stay behind and fix.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2018, 02:15:01 AM »
Still, if your country sucks so much you make a thousand plus mile journey to get away from it, perhaps you should at least wait until you get where you are going, establish roots, etc before you start waving the flag of the country you didn't feel you needed to stay behind and fix.

Agnostic007, you're alright.  I don't care what everyone else says.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2018, 12:22:28 PM »

Stay behind and fix? Hopelessness is a powerful and defeating emotion. The flag waving seems inappropriate unless it's the flag of the country you hope to immigrate to.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2018, 12:50:21 PM »
this isn't 1890 people can't fix shit not while they're being propped up by foreign nations.  anytime there's an uprising from the people, it's labeled a coup and the superpower of the world either hit them with sanctions or withhold aide all the while multinationals rape the countries of their natural resources

sarcafago

• Getbig III
  • Keep your whip hand strong.
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2018, 09:03:35 PM »
Agnostic007, you're alright.  I don't care what everyone else says.

:o

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2018, 02:12:44 PM »

I agree. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2018, 03:16:06 AM »

Liberals will never admit this, but the better life often means getting on the dole and collecting as many government handouts as possible. You see this here in New York City all the time. Spanish-speaking types don’t speak a word of English yet they know every single angle to collect bennies.

James

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2018, 06:32:41 AM »

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2018, 07:50:13 AM »
Liberals will never admit this, but the better life often means getting on the dole and collecting as many government handouts as possible. You see this here in New York City all the time. Spanish-speaking types don’t speak a word of English yet they know every single angle to collect bennies.
Spanish-speaking types are massively conservative though cuz of that whole jesus thing. Puerto Rico would absolutely be a red state.
the top welfare states are also all red states

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »
Spanish-speaking types are massively conservative though cuz of that whole jesus thing. Puerto Rico would absolutely be a red state.
the top welfare states are also all red states

Must be exhausting being wrong so often:

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/03/23/a-democratic-wave-from-younger-voters-and-puerto-ricans-dont-bank-on-it/

Voters under 30 and Puerto Ricans overwhelmingly skew Democratic, with President Donald Trump losing both groups by at least 20 percentage points in 2016. With a potential surge in voters and Trump's low poll numbers, how could Democrats running for governor, U.S. Senate and countless other Florida offices not succeed?