Author Topic: Liddle Adam Schiff  (Read 1173 times)

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Liddle Adam Schiff
« on: November 19, 2018, 09:10:58 AM »

Now known as Little Adam Schitt  :)

K

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Liddle Adam Schiff
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 10:09:30 AM »
Regressing to third grade poop jokes ::)

It’s a pity Trump won’t buckle down and get some actual work done, instead of being a reality TV star and focusing on Nielsen ratings.

Then again, is it a pity? He gives  the people—in both sides—exactly what they want

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 10:10:33 AM »

It’s a pity Trump won’t buckle down and get some actual work done, instead of being a reality TV star and focusing on Nielsen ratings.

Then again, is it a pity? He gives  the people—in both sides—exactly what they want

Yeah, he's a real lazy guy ::)

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 11:03:27 AM »
Yeah, he's a real lazy guy ::)

I didn’t say he was lazy. He does appear to be a busybody, but that doesn’t mean he’s very effective. He’s a prolific twitter user, no doubt and quite effective at coming up with third-grade insults.

He did get two Justices approved, no small feat even when your party controls the Senate. But, two years in, what are his other successes? With the Dems in control of the House, it’s a fair bet that the master negotiator won’t have any more legislative success since the House won’t be getting any more legislation through.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 12:30:46 PM »
I didn’t say he was lazy. He does appear to be a busybody, but that doesn’t mean he’s very effective. He’s a prolific twitter user, no doubt and quite effective at coming up with third-grade insults.

He did get two Justices approved, no small feat even when your party controls the Senate. But, two years in, what are his other successes? With the Dems in control of the House, it’s a fair bet that the master negotiator won’t have any more legislative success since the House won’t be getting any more legislation through.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trumps-list-289-accomplishments-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »

Liddle Schitt represents everything wrong with politics, the man is an absolute disgrace, he deserves everything he gets.
K

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 04:59:57 PM »
A funny tweet, until you realize he’s 70 and the president.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 05:41:01 PM »
A funny tweet, until you realize he’s 70 and the president.
;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trumps-list-289-accomplishments-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

Impressive list. Even if everything in it were literally true, I'm not sure that this is proof of "relentless promise-keeping" by Trump because many of those things are things Trump can't influence. If I promise rain tomorrow and it does rain, it's hard to argue that I kept my promise, unless I've developed technology to make it rain. And, of course, I haven't.

But, of course, no everything on it is true. For example, the list credits the "largest military pay raise in nearly a decade" as a result of Trump's "relentless promise-keeping". However, the pay increase in question is calculated automatically based on a formula defined by Congress in a statute (ref) and the Trump Administration actually requested that the raise be less.

Certainly Trump has been effective in some things (getting Kavanaugh and Gorsuch confirmed was a big deal, even with a friendly Senate) but the Washington Examiner's list is overstating the case. History will judge Trump's accomplishments as President. History will judge his comportment too, in the fullness of time. The voters will judge him sooner; my guess is that he'll be reelected because he's an expert at goading the media to ensure near-constant coverage and, more broadly, in manipulating people and causing them to do stupid things.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »
Impressive list. Even if everything in it were literally true, I'm not sure that this is proof of "relentless promise-keeping" by Trump because many of those things are things Trump can't influence. If I promise rain tomorrow and it does rain, it's hard to argue that I kept my promise, unless I've developed technology to make it rain. And, of course, I haven't.

But, of course, no everything on it is true. For example, the list credits the "largest military pay raise in nearly a decade" as a result of Trump's "relentless promise-keeping". However, the pay increase in question is calculated automatically based on a formula defined by Congress in a statute (ref) and the Trump Administration actually requested that the raise be less.

Certainly Trump has been effective in some things (getting Kavanaugh and Gorsuch confirmed was a big deal, even with a friendly Senate) but the Washington Examiner's list is overstating the case. History will judge Trump's accomplishments as President. History will judge his comportment too, in the fullness of time. The voters will judge him sooner; my guess is that he'll be reelected because he's an expert at goading the media to ensure near-constant coverage and, more broadly, in manipulating people and causing them to do stupid things.
You virtually ignored most of the list and went back to it basically only being Gorsuch and Kavanaugh and tried to explain away the other accomplishments in a general manner to confirm what you already had made up your mind over.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 02:19:46 PM »
I went through the list and with few exceptions (the increase in NATO funding by allies, for example) I had trouble finding things that Trump could have delivered in his capacity as President. Giving him kudos for signing a bill into law doesn’t do anything for me; the bill would have become law without his signature too.

My opinion of Trump is simple: he managed to beat Hillary by throwing out the rulebook and marching to his own tune—kudos to him for that. As President he has the opportunity to fundamentally reshape the country but, unless he changes his tune, his legacy, regardless of whether he achieves anything or not, will end up being “President of Twitter, crybaby and bully, with a third-grader sense of humor.” And you know what, he won’t have anyone but himself to blame.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »

Yes you can pick things here and there to criticize or downplay, but by and large it is in fact an impressive list of accomplishments.  If nothing else, his two solid Supreme Court selections and the confirmation of more appellate court judges than any other president in history in their first two years is quite an accomplishment.

Bigger picture, he gets credit for appointing Mad Dog and getting out of his way, retaking the ground Obama was responsible for losing in Iraq, consumer confidence, etc. 

And he has been keeping campaign promises.  I'm not used to that. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 04:57:10 PM »
If nothing else, his two solid Supreme Court selections and the confirmation of more appellate court judges than any other president in history in their first two years is quite an accomplishment.

The number of Justices is just luck of the draw; that they got confirmed is impressive (especially Kavanaugh, despite the hearings fiasco) but it’s a much less impressive accomplishment considering the Senate is controlled by Republicans. He’s gotten a massive number of Circuit Court Judges confirmed, which is great. I hadn’t realized how many. Again, the friendly Senate helps, but still.

Bigger picture, he gets credit for appointing Mad Dog and getting out of his way, retaking the ground Obama was responsible for losing in Iraq, consumer confidence, etc.

I’ll wait for us to stop hemorrhaging American blood and taxpayer dollars, by finishing things so our troops can come home before I give Mattis props. He is a good SecDef, and I’m glad he’s there, but is the metric of a great Presidency “he picked a good SecDef”? I mean, that seems like a low bar.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »
The number of Justices is just luck of the draw; that they got confirmed is impressive (especially Kavanaugh, despite the hearings fiasco) but it’s a much less impressive accomplishment considering the Senate is controlled by Republicans. He’s gotten a massive number of Circuit Court Judges confirmed, which is great. I hadn’t realized how many. Again, the friendly Senate helps, but still.

I’ll wait for us to stop hemorrhaging American blood and taxpayer dollars, by finishing things so our troops can come home before I give Mattis props. He is a good SecDef, and I’m glad he’s there, but is the metric of a great Presidency “he picked a good SecDef”? I mean, that seems like a low bar.

It takes much more than luck to appoint great Supreme Court Justices.  I have to respect what he did.  He released a list of nominees during the campaign.  He picked two names from that list, just like he said he would.  That is impressive.  Yes having two vacancies was "luck."  And yes having a GOP Senate helps.  In fact, no way either one of them gets confirmed if Democrats controlled the Senate.  That's the hyper-partisan environment we now live in.  Go check out the votes for Scalia and Ginsburg.  Two at the polar opposite end of the spectrum, but bipartisan support.  That will probably never happen again.   

Not trying to discount the loss of any American life or the enormous amount of my tax dollars we spend on defense and national security.  Part of my point is what we accomplished in Iraq.  Recall that Obama inherited a relatively stable Iraq, pulled our troops, lied about why they were pulled, and then ISIS took over the majority of Iraq and got a stronghold in Syria.  In less than one year, with Mattis as SecDef, we took back all of the ground we gave up under Obama as a direct result of a change in strategy (changing the rules of engagement, increased troops, etc.).

And yes I think it is a great leadership trait to not only appoint a competent person, but then let that person do his or her job.  Remember Clinton and Les Aspen?  We lost lives in Somalia because those two were concerned about the perception if we gave the boots on the ground what they needed to win.  And remember Bush and General Shinseki?  Shinseki said we needed a much larger force in Iraq part II. Bush didn't listen and Shinseki got fired.  Chaos was the result. 

So while the sum total of a successful presidency isn't the appointment and proper use of a great cabinet secretary, it is a great accomplishment. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 08:12:27 PM »
It takes much more than luck to appoint great Supreme Court Justices.  I have to respect what he did.  He released a list of nominees during the campaign.  He picked two names from that list, just like he said he would.  That is impressive.

I'll grant you that and kudos to him for doing it..

Yes having two vacancies was "luck."  And yes having a GOP Senate helps.  In fact, no way either one of them gets confirmed if Democrats controlled the Senate.  That's the hyper-partisan environment we now live in.  Go check out the votes for Scalia and Ginsburg.  Two at the polar opposite end of the spectrum, but bipartisan support.  That will probably never happen again.

I'm more optimistic and think we're just going through a phase. By the way, do you believe that Donald Trump's antics and rhetoric makes the environment more or less hyper-partisan? He's certainly not the only to blame for this, but answer honestly: is the President's behavior acceptable to you?

Not trying to discount the loss of any American life or the enormous amount of my tax dollars we spend on defense and national security.  Part of my point is what we accomplished in Iraq.

We took a bad situation, made it worse, then fucked it up the ass while asking it if it wants to go dinner. I don't think we've accomplished anything except waste a whole lot of money and sacrifice a whole lot of young men and women.

Recall that Obama inherited a relatively stable Iraq[/qote]

LOLWUT? You do know that "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner was bullshit, right?

In less than one year, with Mattis as SecDef, we took back all of the ground we gave up under Obama as a direct result of a change in strategy (changing the rules of engagement, increased troops, etc.).

Like the economy, I'd venture to say that the gains we've made can't be wholly attributed to Mattis. You seem to have the same outlook that the decidedly conservative Washington Examiner folks have: good things that happen under Trump are directly attributable to Trump. Bad things are not under the President's control and won't the liberals cut Trump some slack?

Still, I'm happy if progress is being made, but that happiness has a bitter aftertaste when I realize that we're still very much in the hole that we dug ourselves into.

So while the sum total of a successful presidency isn't the appointment and proper use of a great cabinet secretary, it is a great accomplishment.

Let's see how much longer Mattis curries the favor of his mercurial boss. I'm bettin' that Twitter will be 'afire with tweets about how the dog was rabid before too long.