Author Topic: Gobble day eats  (Read 1769 times)

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Gobble day eats
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:14:29 AM »
whats the spread  like on the family table  and how does it differ from when you were a kid..

I come from a big Italian family so grandma rest her soul  we did everything in stages
1] antipasto
2] soup
3] turkey with the works and a ham
3] coffee

4th repeat if you can ;D
p

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Gobble day eats
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 08:29:59 AM »
Going to my moms house for chinese food.My mom got sick of cooking for thanksgiving about three years ago and we diceded to chinese food and chow down.That is around 1 then cone home around 4-5 and and eat turkey,stuffing,mashed,corn,squash,ham,rolls and gravy.

It will be a great day for food.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 08:38:26 AM »
whats the spread  like on the family table  and how does it differ from when you were a kid..

I come from a big Italian family so grandma rest her soul  we did everything in stages
1] antipasto
2] soup
3] turkey with the works and a ham
3] coffee

4th repeat if you can ;D

Same, huge Italian families (Wife's, mine) and basically the same thing right there.

(wine, beer, booze)
1] antipasto
2] homemade soup (recipe from families old family catering business in the 60's/70's, still popular in local cookbooks)
3] turkey with the works, lasagna/meatballs
3] coffee, cakes, wine, beer, booze

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 08:48:16 AM »
Same, huge Italian families (Wife's, mine) and basically the same thing right there.

(wine, beer, booze)
1] antipasto
2] homemade soup (recipe from families old family catering business in the 60's/70's, still popular in local cookbooks)
3] turkey with the works, lasagna/meatballs
3] coffee, cakes, wine, beer, booze

Christmas eve is stuffed shells. lasagna crab legs fish my wife is Italian and Puerto rican so Christmas day is rice beans prime rib YEA BUDDY
p

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »
Italian wife. She has already made four different pies. She made Italian meat pie. She made cookies. She has champagne chilling. We have the usual beer and wine. Whiskey for my Irish son in law. She will fill my giant dining room table with so many dishes it will be incredible. Sinatra and Dean Martin will be playing from the Bose speaker then I'm sure she will switch it up to the Italian cooking channel featuring the greats. Trying to lose weight but tomorrow I will attempt to gain 100lbs on one day. I have my pants with the elastic waist all washed/dried and ready to go.