Author Topic: Wilder vs Fury PPV  (Read 12195 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Wilder vs Fury PPV
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »
Wilder sounds like a fraud suggesting that those two knock downs were enough. But then again, the man doesn't box, he brawls.

Fury has just become a my new favorite boxer. Heart of a champion and great boxing technician.

"1"

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2018, 10:42:01 PM »
As I said in earlier post, fury is on a different planet to wilder technically and I knew wilder would struggle to win a single round where no knock down.

Fury won 9 rounds , wilder possibly nicked one 10/9 round and the two 10/8 knock down rounds. Fury won the fight 115-111.

. Couple stupid lapses of concentration by fury muddied the waters just enough for the judges to stick the fix in. But hey ho welcome to American judging folks!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »
Good fight. I'd like to see a rematch. Fury''s technical expertise really showed with his fainting, foot and handwork and head movement. Very difficult guy to hit add in that hes 6'9. You can see why others have difficulty with him. Wilder had his hands full fighting a taller guy with more reach. Those two knockdowns saved him from losing. It was a draw.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2018, 12:06:07 AM »
Fellas, I hear what you're saying but youreally not winning a heavyweight championship fight on points after your opponent knocked you down twice. Not gonna happen. Knockdowns especially that 12th round one holds more weight than points.

On a different note, I like both fighters personally. I've been  a Fury fan for a while and think he's a great entertainer, excellent boxer and while flawed a stand up man. He's a guy I'd love to have a beer with and talk about life.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2018, 12:56:14 AM »
Damn,I thought Fury was through after the second knockdown.

First time I had a decent look at him. He's a surpsingly useful heavyweight,with that huge height and reach and boxing ability.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2018, 01:15:58 AM »
ROBBERY

Wilder is getting Canelo type cards.  Ortiz beats the breaks off of Wilder going into the 9th and was behind on all 3 cards, 85-84.  Now, this joke which is similar to Angulo Lara.   There are 2 knockdowns but Lara was outboxing him and ahead on all the cards going into the stoppage,  Wilder is a one-handed bum.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2018, 01:45:41 AM »
Both of these guys KO that fraud AJ. Fucking pretty boy puppet, walking advertisement, now they wanna give him a statue in his home town!
Don't give that sucka no statue, GIVE HIM GUTS!

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2018, 02:35:42 AM »
Fellas, I hear what you're saying but youreally not winning a heavyweight championship fight on points after your opponent knocked you down twice. Not gonna happen. Knockdowns especially that 12th round one holds more weight than points.

On a different note, I like both fighters personally. I've been  a Fury fan for a while and think he's a great entertainer, excellent boxer and while flawed a stand up man. He's a guy I'd love to have a beer with and talk about life.

boxing has a very simple and clear scoring system. a knockdown round is scored 10-8 unless something else pretty dramatic happens in that round (either way). if there's 2 knockdowns it's 10-7, more than two 10-6. knockdowns hold no more "weight" and score no more magical bonus points than that.

going into the 12th on a legitimate scorecard the only way wilder could win was with a knockout. as above, wilder doesn't get bonus points because it was his second knockdown of the fight or because it was a heavy knockdown. it's simply a 10-8 round and he was way too far behind for it to change te result of the fight.

anyone who knows anything about boxing knows fury won that fight by a clear margin. america is the boxing farce capital of the world, where these shtty decisions are routine.

i personally think it's time that ex pros were installed to judge these fights, especially the big ones where so much is at stake. these corrupt cockwombles they keep digging up in the states to judge these fights are making a mockery of the sport.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2018, 02:37:30 AM »
BUM SQUAD

2 and half years out, lost 9 stones (130lbs?), fought 2 journeymen yet still outboxed Wilder took his shots and got back up.

Thank you Al Haymon for letting this clown Wilder hold on to the WBC belt.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2018, 02:40:42 AM »
BUM SQUAD

2 and half years out, lost 9 stones (130lbs?), fought 2 journeymen yet still outboxed Wilder took his shots and got back up.

Thank you Al Haymon for letting this clown Wilder hold on to the WBC belt.

Who in heavyweight is going to outbox Fury? Fury out boxed Klitchko. Fury is an excellent boxer. Everyone knew Wilder would get outboxed. He still won. That last knockout could have been a KO if it was a different ref.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2018, 02:41:20 AM »
boxing has a very simple and clear scoring system. a knockdown round is scored 10-8 unless something else pretty dramatic happens in that round (either way). if there's 2 knockdowns it's 10-7, more than two 10-6. knockdowns hold no more "weight" and score no more magical bonus points than that.

going into the 12th on a legitimate scorecard the only way wilder could win was with a knockout. as above, wilder doesn't get bonus points because it was his second knockdown of the fight or because it was a heavy knockdown. it's simply a 10-8 round and he was way too far behind for it to change te result of the fight.

anyone who knows anything about boxing knows fury won that fight by a clear margin. america is the boxing farce capital of the world, where these shtty decisions are routine.

i personally think it's time that ex pros were installed to judge these fights, especially the big ones where so much is at stake. these corrupt cockwombles they keep digging up in the states to judge these fights are making a mockery of the sport.

No one scores 10-7 on a single knockdown b/c that could let the cat out the bag, which would have judges score 10-8 rounds for dominate boxing performances which is in the rules book.  10-7 is fine for 2 knockdowns in a round and so forth    

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2018, 02:42:47 AM »
Who in heavyweight is going to outbox Fury? Fury out boxed Klitchko. Fury is an excellent boxer. Everyone knew Wilder would get outboxed. He still won. That last knockout could have been a KO if it was a different ref.

Fury was in prime form vs Vlad, not coming off of 2 fat camps and fighting journeymen bums.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2018, 02:57:50 AM »

AJ will beat both of em. AJ is technically good enough to beat fury on points and has the power and far more tools to unlock fury's defence than wilder ever has. wilder has one punch, AJ throws combinations and has devastating power in both hands.

after watching how fury did against wilder (even though a convincing winner) it wasn't the same fury that beat klitschko. i don't see fury surviving against AJ.

same thing with AJ/wilder . wilder will struggle to win a round against AJ where there's no knockdowns and AJ has way, way more power to hurt wilder than anyone he's fought thus far. wilder again will be the far inferior boxer, with a punchers chance at best.

p.s why would the 12th round knockdown have been a KO with another ref? he got up within in 10 seconds and looked to be in control of his faculties. in fact he went on to win the rest of the round as he did after the knockdown in the 9th.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2018, 03:06:48 AM »

;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2018, 03:18:08 AM »
AJ will beat both of em. AJ is technically good enough to beat fury on points and has the power and far more tools to unlock fury's defence than wilder ever has. wilder has one punch, AJ throws combinations and has devastating power in both hands.

after watching how fury did against wilder (even though a convincing winner) it wasn't the same fury that beat klitschko. i don't see fury surviving against AJ.

same thing with AJ/wilder . wilder will struggle to win a round against AJ where there's no knockdowns and AJ has way, way more power to hurt wilder than anyone he's fought thus far. wilder again will be the far inferior boxer, with a punchers chance at best.

I still want to see Joshua/Wilder but I want to see Fury/Joshua just as bad. Fury''s unorthodox style thro's off everyone and he'said 3 inches taller with longer reach and weighs more. I think it would be the same story. Joshua would have to knock him out. It could happen because that last knockdown with his eyes rolling in the back of his head could have been ko. It's awesome he got up. He's a legend THE GYPSY KING.

I still think Joshua loses to Wilder. That walking down shit won't work and Wolder won be afraid to thow hand's. Joshua needs to quit hiding behind his manager and running and being afraid and fight both of these men. I think all three men are close in skill level but in different ways. Wilder didn't get to 40-0-1, and a champion falling into it. To me there's something missing that set Joshua apart the people and some media want

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2018, 03:20:58 AM »

;D

i switched off at around 15 seconds when the dude said 2 knockdowns was 4 points so wilder only needed 2 more rounds to make it a draw. guy's another airhead. even if wilder won 2 more rounds apart from knockdown rounds (which he didn't) and fury won the other 8, it would still be 114-112 fury.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2018, 03:49:58 AM »
I still want to see Joshua/Wilder but I want to see Fury/Joshua just as bad. Fury''s unorthodox style thro's off everyone and he'said 3 inches taller with longer reach and weighs more. I think it would be the same story. Joshua would have to knock him out. It could happen because that last knockdown with his eyes rolling in the back of his head could have been ko. It's awesome he got up. He's a legend THE GYPSY KING.

I still think Joshua loses to Wilder. That walking down shit won't work and Wolder won be afraid to thow hand's. Joshua needs to quit hiding behind his manager and running and being afraid and fight both of these men. I think all three men are close in skill level but in different ways. Wilder didn't get to 40-0-1, and a champion falling into it. To me there's something missing that set Joshua apart the people and some media want

if you analyse the klitscho/aj fight and fury/klitschko fight you may change your opinion. a pretty much general consensus is that klitscho was in better shape against AJ. klitschko underestimated fury and didn't take him seriously. that acted as a wake up call and he trained his off for the AJ fight, knowing it could be his last.

fury did a bit of a hit and run job on klitscho, he fought a clever fight and nicked the fight by a few rounds, in a fight where very few punches were landed by either.

AJ fought a better prepared wlad and dominated the first 4 rounds behind his jab. The fight went crazy from the 5th onward mainly due to AJs inexperience. but even so AJ was still ahead on the scorecards when he knocked wlad out in the 10th

AJ is technically very comfortable against the bigger guys, it's the little fellas that give him more problems. fury/aj, there will be shared rounds as they're both very good technically in different ways but AJs power will likely be the deciding factor.

aj/wilder, AJ will win pretty much every round, will likely knock wilder out as wilder has to take more and more risks as he falls further behind on the scorecards. and it will be in the UK so proper judges and no gifts like last night.

p.s wilder's 40-0-1 record doesn't mean much. he's fought all bums apart from ortiz who he was pretty lucky to get past, and then fury where he lost and got a gift....

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2018, 04:29:32 AM »
Jesus Christ how the fuck did fury get back up after 11 rounds of boxing the way he went down was brutal his head smashing against the canvas he looked unconscious @ the count of 2... :o :o :o

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2018, 04:51:26 AM »
I had 8/4, but could've been swayed to go 9/3. Fury got jerked. He's got one of those fun, awkward styles to watch.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2018, 05:24:44 AM »
A fucking draw?   Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch boxing anymore.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2018, 05:42:13 AM »
a draw??? lol - boxing is still bent as fuck

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2018, 06:33:33 AM »

On a different note, I like both fighters personally. I've been  a Fury fan for a while and think he's a great entertainer, excellent boxer and while flawed a stand up man. He's a guy I'd love to have a beer with and talk about life.

This is a good post ^^^.  You can't expect to win the heavyweight belt from the champion getting knocked down twice.  Dancing and weaving is enough in the lower weights but the crowds and judges expect the big guys to win by knockout.  Fury jabbed all night but Wilder was never hurt.  All props to Fury, he's a beast and great for the sport but he was put DOWN in the 12th and staggered his feet barely beating out a 8 count.  Clearly, he's the better boxer but he didn't do enough to win.  
And to all the butt hurt Brits...when the judges see you like this in the 12th...you're lucky not to lose. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2018, 07:38:02 AM »
Mike tyson wouldve destroyed both
A

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2018, 07:45:45 AM »

On a different note, I like both fighters personally. I've been  a Fury fan for a while and think he's a great entertainer, excellent boxer and while flawed a stand up man. He's a guy I'd love to have a beer with and talk about life.

peter vs klitchko???

you don't win a fight by losing every round and then getting pushed back and nearly dropped after knocking an opponent down twice.

fury won nearly every round and pushed wilder back each time he got dropped.

if they fight in 6 months fury will be sharper and without ring rust. he's clearly at around 70-80% of what he was vs klitchko. but hopefully he doesn't go off the rails again due to getting robbed after making a comeback to boxing that was greater than ali's

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2018, 08:43:39 AM »
tetas of peace