Author Topic: U.S. judge delays ruling on Comey's request to quash Republican subpoena  (Read 1173 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The guy is willing to testify in a PUBLIC hearing

Republicans did the same thing with the Fusion GPS testimony (which was later released by the Senate Dems - if I recall correctly)

Why not have public hearings?  If there is any confidential information Comey can just say it's confidential and that he can comment on that in a private hearing.

U.S. judge delays ruling on ex-FBI director's request to quash Republican subpoena

Friday's hearing came about after Comey's lawyers this week asked the court to quash a Nov. 21 congressional subpoena ordering him to appear before the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee for a closed-door deposition and stay the congressional proceedings.

Comey's lawyer argued his client will only agree to appear if his testimony is public, and on Friday Kelley accused the committee of trying to keep the testimony secret so lawmakers could selectively leak it to peddle partisan narratives.

"They want to have unfettered access in a closed session," Kelley said Friday. "They don't want all the other members asking questions. They want to zero in and gang up."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-comey/us-judge-delays-ruling-on-ex-fbi-directors-request-to-quash-republican-subpoena-idUSKCN1NZ2NT

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: U.S. judge delays ruling on Comey's request to quash Republican subpoena
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:27:34 PM »

Republicans did the same thing with the Fusion GPS testimony (which was later released by the Senate Dems - if I recall correctly)

Why not have public hearings?  If there is any confidential information Comey can just say it's confidential and that he can comment on that in a private hearing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-comey/us-judge-delays-ruling-on-ex-fbi-directors-request-to-quash-republican-subpoena-idUSKCN1NZ2NT

Under normal circumstances I would say private depositions are the better venue. These aren't normal circumstances

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »

The purpose of the private deposition lays in the format of how it's conducted.... I'm sure you are aware of this but simply ignoring that aspect.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 04:34:46 AM »
We've done that, remember? It went something like this:

"I cannot speak about that in this public forum due to the subject being classified material."

Over and over and over again...
a

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 12:47:29 PM »
We've done that, remember? It went something like this:

"I cannot speak about that in this public forum due to the subject being classified material."

Over and over and over again...
But, but, but......he wants to have a public forum...gee, wonder why? ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!