Author Topic: George H.W. Bush -RIP  (Read 2634 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
George H.W. Bush -RIP
« on: November 30, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »
He just passed away.  I would never ever have voted for him, but he was a decent man and a gentlemen.
RIP.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: George H.W. Bush -RIP
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:03:31 PM »
Agreed.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:23:43 PM »
94, good run. Celebrated his 90th by jumping out of a plane. Dude was old school

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 04:26:06 AM »
RIP
a

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 04:49:37 AM »
The libs are always so classy towards Trump.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 07:59:19 AM »
Libs hated the Bush family with a passion, until the Bush showed no support for Trump.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »
Plus H.W. Bush lost his reelection so he immediately became respected by the libtards for that.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 05:48:21 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »

Saw this last night when it was released. Admittedly I got a little choked up.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 01:25:49 AM »
Libs hated the Bush family with a passion, until the Bush showed no support for Trump.

"It’s no surprise that after the death of former president George H.W. Bush we’re seeing media pundits, advocates and popular historians promote a rosy view of his tenure as president. In the era of Donald Trump, there’s a tendency to portray every Republican leader of the past in a nostalgic, sugar-coated way."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/media-erasing-george-h-w-173553301.html

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 02:42:07 AM »
The libtards will do dances in the street when Trump dies.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 07:56:50 AM »
Far be it for Obama or any lib in the political arena to display even 1/100th this amount of dignity and respect for the presidential office.

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 08:39:17 AM »

Belongs in the highly punchable faces thread

:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »
For people to do that in those threads shows how consumed by hate they are.

TDS is real, and mostly self inflicted.

They need  stay off twitter, etc, go about your day, and they'll realize that nothing has really changed for them since the election.
Y

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »

The online version of skyscreaming.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »
The libs are always so classy towards Trump.

Looks to me that this thread is about George Bush passing and not about Trump.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »
Looks to me that this thread is about George Bush passing and not about Trump.
Yes and Trump was being classy and then the libs had to chime in.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 01:54:29 PM »

True as it is...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 02:13:00 PM »
That libtard had no idea what was in Bush's heart or Trump's for that matter.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 03:24:32 PM »
That libtard had no idea what was in Bush's heart or Trump's for that matter.

It appears to read as separate qualities. Bush had a heart. He cared about..... 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 07:37:19 PM »
Far be it for Obama or any lib in the political arena to display even 1/100th this amount of dignity and respect for the presidential office.

Text of Obama's letter to Trump

Try to remember that Trump was the guy who had spent the last 6 years claiming that Obama was not a citizen, illegitimate and lots of other stupid and horrible shit and of course flat out fucking lies which is Trumps trademark.

I wonder what kind of letter your messiah Trump will leave to his successor, especially if it's to someone who defeated him in an election (like George H.W Bush to Clinton).  

Dear Mr. President -

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,

BO

Here are text from the letters from Clinton to Bush Jr and Bush Jr. to Clinton

The letter from Bush, on White House stationary, reads like this:

"Dear Barack,

Congratulations on becoming our President. You have just begun a fantastic chapter in your life.

Very few have had the honor of knowing the responsibility you now feel. Very few know the excitement of the moment and the challenges you will face.

There will be trying moments. The critics will rage. Your 'friends' will disappoint you. But, you will have an Almighty God to comfort you, a family who loves you, and a country that is pulling for you, including me. No matter what comes, you will be inspired by the character and compassion of the people you now lead.

God Bless you."

In his letter, Clinton also wished Bush well. He wrote:

"Dear George,

Today you embark on the greatest venture, with the greatest honor, that can come to an American citizen.

Like me, you are especially fortunate to lead our country in a time of profound and largely positive change, when old questions, not just about the role of government, but about the very nature of our nation, must be answered anew.

You lead a proud, decent, good people. And from this day you are president of all of us. I salute you and wish you success and much happiness.

The burdens you now shoulder are great but often exaggerated. The sheer joy of doing what you believe is right is inexpressible.

My prayers are with you and your family. Godspeed.

Sincerely,

Bill"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 09:01:44 PM »
Text of Obama's letter to Trump

Try to remember that Trump was the guy who had spent the last 6 years claiming that Obama was not a citizen, illegitimate and lots of other stupid and horrible shit and of course flat out fucking lies which is Trumps trademark.

I wonder what kind of letter your messiah Trump will leave to his successor, especially if it's to someone who defeated him in an election (like George H.W Bush to Clinton).  

Here are text from the letters from Clinton to Bush Jr and Bush Jr. to Clinton

Trumps letter to his replacement will consist of a misspelled incorrect tweet containing the words "fixed" "unfair" and "liar" I'm almost certain

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 03:13:27 AM »
Trumps letter to his replacement will consist of a misspelled incorrect tweet containing the words "fixed" "unfair" and "liar" I'm almost certain
Sounds like Hillary.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 03:54:18 PM »
Your bitterness is humorous.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!