Author Topic: Earning $117,000 is low income in the Bay Area  (Read 11622 times)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Earning $117,000 is low income in the Bay Area
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2018, 12:56:53 AM »
San Francisco real estate prices sound like most of Australia. People in Oz have been talking about a housing crash for decades now but the prices keep rising. A few years ago, a fucking one car garage in Sydney sold for next to million dollars. If the crash comes, we've bound ourselves up so tightly with China that the Chinese (or other foreign investors) are just going to swoop in and buy everything anyway.

I was last in SF about 6 years ago and there were already plenty of homeless people -God knows what it's like now. Always enjoyed Manhattan although when I was there last year it was starting to feel a little like a Disney version of itself.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2018, 01:01:40 AM »
San Francisco real estate prices sound like most of Australia. People in Oz have been talking about a housing crash for decades now but the prices keep rising. A few years ago, a fucking one car garage in Sydney sold for next to million dollars. If the crash comes, we've bound ourselves up so tightly with China that the Chinese (or other foreign investors) are just going to swoop in and buy everything anyway.

I was last in SF about 6 years ago and there were already plenty of homeless people -God knows what it's like now. Always enjoyed Manhattan although when I was there last year it was starting to feel a little like a Disney version of itself.

-Was recently looking at homeless stats. California had the high number of homeless people. The homeless more frequently live in large cities were there are better resources.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2018, 03:20:25 AM »
Honestly, you guys can make all the arguments you want advocating for New York City, LA, etc....yes it may be the most exciting places to live but the fact is that it means shit if the vast majority of people who live there have a piss poor quality of life.  

You have to work 2 jobs in order just to "make it" in New York and after working 60 hours a week,  the people there are so tired that they spend their free time resting up for their next shift at work.  The worse part is with all the money being spent on just paying bills, most of them have very little to no savings and life paycheck to paycheck.  Thanks to living in Greenville, I put a lot of money away in savings and I only work as much as I want to work.

Fashion??  LOL.   When I was there, I never saw so many people wearing and carrying fake shit.   Fake Nikes, Fake Gucci Bags, Fake Watches, Fake Socks, Fake Hats, Fake Sunglasses, etc.   The whole place is a fucking fraud.   I had a friend over one time and they complimented me on my Movado watch and immediately said it was a great looking replica....which I had to reply that it was great looking because its a real Movado watch.   They don't even know what a real shit looks like.

Food???   What you can get in New York, you can get anywhere especially in Greenville, SC.   I just got home from eating out at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.   Had a nice aged ribeye, salad with Roquefort dressing, Merlot, and a French Pressed Coffee....didn't even have to make reservations.  It may not be Dorsi but there's plenty of great places to eat in Greenville, SC and people are not limited to just the fucking Olive Garden.   Of course, other than that nasty ass 1 dollar pizza, most people in New York eat at home because they can't afford to eat out and because they don't have time to wait 2 hours at a Whole Foods, they end up getting their food from a convenience store.....SAD!!!

Transportation???   I cruise the highways in my Cadillac listening to great music on my Bose system.   I go where I want and when I want.  I don't have to worry about a Subway system or walk a bunch of blocks although if I lived in New York, I would be on a bike.   However, given the elements its a shitty way to get around.  

Entertainment....Ok I'll give New York the win on that...simply can't beat it.  However its not boring in Greenville, SC.   There are plenty of art galleries here, I can go to the Peace Center to watch any theatre productions and after the club closes, I'll usually head over a house gathering where the socializing can continue.  We get by around here pretty well.  

Sorry folks, but while I enjoy visiting New York...I definitely would never live there regardless as to who is mayor.  

And all of that fake fashion stuff is for them to impress people they don't even know or like.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »
-Was recently looking at homeless stats. California had the high number of homeless people. The homeless more frequently live in large cities were there are better resources.
If the resources were better, there wouldn't be so many homeless.
And they're mooching off of my tax dollars that those piece of shit democrats keep raising. Bunch of fucking freeloading morons that supposedly keep voting these douchebags in. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2018, 06:51:00 AM »
If 117K is garbage I would be interested to know how much you would need to live comfortably. What do you think one would have to pay for typical monthly expenses: rent/mortgage, food, car payment, electricity, everyday upkeep and repairs, miscellaneous....
Youre low income and I don’t care.🙂
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2018, 01:35:44 PM »
If 117K is garbage I would be interested to know how much you would need to live comfortably. What do you think one would have to pay for typical monthly expenses: rent/mortgage, food, car payment, electricity, everyday upkeep and repairs, miscellaneous....

Been thinking about this. My sister barely gets by on about $2,000 a month, living in Salem, OR. She is about $20 away from qualifying for housing assistance. The cost of living there is about 9% more than the national average. Portland is about 48% above the national average. West Linn, where I live, is 65% above the national average. San Francisco is 102%. Honolulu's is 101%.

If you want to live on the cheap, move to Mississippi. It has the lowest cost of living among all the states.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2018, 02:02:47 PM »
But who the Hell wants to live in Mississippi?  No offense to any Getbiggers from Mississippi.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2018, 02:04:40 PM »
But who the Hell wants to live in Mississippi?  No offense to any Getbiggers from Mississippi.

-Too hot and muggy, plus aren't there a lot of floods there?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2018, 02:08:36 PM »
I drove across the state once and there was nothing I liked.  If you like shrimp, gumbo, cajun food and sweltering hot weather maybe it's o.k.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »
I drove across the state once and there was nothing I liked.  If you like shrimp, gumbo, cajun food and sweltering hot weather maybe it's o.k.

The closest I've been is Mobil, Alabama.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2018, 02:28:24 PM »
Most places in the south, midwest and mountain west are very affordable for retirees.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2018, 07:35:14 PM »
Youre low income and I don’t care.🙂

Ok. So you won't answer the question. That answers it for me.

You're a phony.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2018, 09:08:08 PM »
I cannot live on less than $20k per month net, after taxes.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2018, 01:18:57 AM »

How about you? Can you give us a break down on your monthly expenses?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2018, 03:29:58 AM »

Typical getbigger.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2018, 08:21:05 AM »

That's a lot of dick to suck....better log off and take care of that line of customers
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2018, 10:05:11 AM »

I would live in Jackson, Ms.  If the weather is too hot, stay inside.  We usually dont venture outside at noon, usually later on when its cool
A

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2018, 12:20:31 PM »

yes you can , don't be ridiculous , you're wasting money on frivolous crap

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »

That's a lot of dick to suck....better log off and take care of that line of customers
Ha, ha.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2018, 06:50:35 AM »
Getbiggers make $117,000K in 2 days.
An hour.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2018, 07:04:03 AM »

When you fornicated with the homewrecker, did you send him this bill / invoice? :

30 minutes of kielbasa anal pounding ... 50 $

shot of cum to the mouth ... 10 $

verbal humiliation in diner (verbal cuckolding) ... 10 $

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2018, 07:21:45 AM »

Chinese are most responsible for driving prices up, especially in larger cities like SF and Vancouver.  Housing prices are dropping right now.  Prices like this are never sustainable.  There are plenty of naïve people who buy at the top of the market.  The "greater fool" theory applies in RE too.  There are cycles in every asset class.  The RE cycle is usually 7-10 years.  Although a single home is really not an asset, it's a liability.  Multi-unit properties that that yield positive monthly cash flow (after all expenses) are a different story.  Still, being a landlord can be a huge hassle when things go wrong.  It's best to have a management company handle it.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2018, 08:01:08 AM »
As I type this, I am looking out my beautiful window, overlooking the beach and seeing the waves crashing with a nice omelette and some fruit.

Life is good.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2018, 08:27:27 AM »
As I type this, I am looking out my beautiful window, overlooking the beach and seeing the waves crashing with a nice omelette and some fruit.

Life is good.
Still on your date with that Jap? :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2018, 08:48:36 AM »

Life is good.

excellent news, buddy.  :)

By the way, the other day, in a thoughtful moment, it occured to me, that it is rather convenient that Basile writes in that navy blue font. When you encounter a veritable blue wall of text in a topic, you immediately know you can skip it without reading it. Do you agree?  :D