Author Topic: Phil Heath says he lost the Olympia because of no sponsors!!  (Read 9992 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Phil Heath says he lost the Olympia because of no sponsors!!
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:45 PM »
Has there ever been another current Mr O that was defending his title and had no sponsors?

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »
Big Phil lost because Shawn was better on the day. Better conditioning and better posing, did you see when he went from double back bi to front quad sweep? Awesome. Shawn deserved it this year but Phil will return.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2018, 11:21:28 AM »
If Kai Greene competes he has his best chance of ever winning with Heath not being a defending champ.  He could also get endorsements from Crockett Farms or Indian River fruit companies which would probably be the first real food (not supplement) company to endorse a bodybuilder.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2018, 05:01:52 PM »
Poor Phil
It’s best to just let him fade away
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »
honestly i don't understand him getting 2nd this year and 1st in 2016 when he had the same gut problem

size wise he dominated rhoden in most of the mandatory poses especially the back poses where he still looked perfect,  in 2016 phil was out muscled in every pose by ramy

i liked rhoden's body more, but it's like the judging criteria was changed on the spot, a gut hasn't mattered in bodybuilding since the early 90's yet now it suddenly matters

E
E

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2018, 01:40:19 AM »
honestly i don't understand him getting 2nd this year and 1st in 2016 when he had the same gut problem

size wise he dominated rhoden in most of the mandatory poses especially the back poses where he still looked perfect,  in 2016 phil was out muscled in every pose by ramy

i liked rhoden's body more, but it's like the judging criteria was changed on the spot, a gut hasn't mattered in bodybuilding since the early 90's yet now it suddenly matters

E

And it's about time.

You're right. The bubble gut didn't matter as much but the criticism kept building and building. They did change the standard this year.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2018, 06:01:35 AM »

E
The IFBB had to wait for someone else to be competitive with Heath as Big Rami had already deserved to win the previous 3 years but no way they were gonna let a Muslim win the Olympia.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2018, 07:51:24 AM »
I really did not understand the narrative that Ramy was way off this year.  I thought he looked great, one of his best showings.

Maybe my finely-tuned eye for the champion bb physique is going with age.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2018, 05:05:41 PM »
I really did not understand the narrative that Ramy was way off this year.  I thought he looked great, one of his best showings.

Maybe my finely-tuned eye for the champion bb physique is going with age.

He was off for prejudging to soft
Was much drier & tighter at show.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2018, 10:41:00 PM »
Out of curiosity, how many people trashing Phil have met him in person?  I'm sure Wiggs has, among others [it sounds like IronMagazine.com met him].  I know this board attracts a lot of people who go to the expos.

I always found Phil to be very fan-friendly.  I don't imagine I would be in a better mood if I was on the road as much as he is, while also carrying around so much muscle which must be exhausting in and of itself.  He may be a little bitter now, but maybe his meteoric rise to prominence in bodybuilding gave him a false impression of how things are for most bodybuilders.  He has always worked hard, but he was also making at least $80,000 a year in bodybuilder as far back as 2006, when he was 26 and had just won his pro card.  Now he is seeing how fickle the bodybuilding community is, and how they - the fans - always want something new.  And I suppose "Phil wins again" is just old hat by now.

From what I've heard in the industry, Phil has made enough money where he would have enough to live off for the rest of his life if he actually saved his money.  And far too often, people in Phil's position do not save money [top Black champions in any sport.  ;D Just kidding...uh...sorta].

Phil should be able to made another million or two based on his current status.  I would save that cash and focus on slimming down upon retirement.  Phil just turned 39 - he can hopefully reverse some of the negative side effects of bodybuilding and lead a relatively normal life, depending on his individual response to hormones.  I hope he doesn't do what Nasser El Sonbaty and other retired pros have done - and stay way too big way too long.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2018, 07:19:09 AM »
Out of curiosity, how many people trashing Phil have met him in person?  I'm sure Wiggs has, among others [it sounds like IronMagazine.com met him].  I know this board attracts a lot of people who go to the expos.

I always found Phil to be very fan-friendly.  I don't imagine I would be in a better mood if I was on the road as much as he is, while also carrying around so much muscle which must be exhausting in and of itself.  He may be a little bitter now, but maybe his meteoric rise to prominence in bodybuilding gave him a false impression of how things are for most bodybuilders.  He has always worked hard, but he was also making at least $80,000 a year in bodybuilder as far back as 2006, when he was 26 and had just won his pro card.  Now he is seeing how fickle the bodybuilding community is, and how they - the fans - always want something new.  And I suppose "Phil wins again" is just old hat by now.

From what I've heard in the industry, Phil has made enough money where he would have enough to live off for the rest of his life if he actually saved his money.  And far too often, people in Phil's position do not save money [top Black champions in any sport.  ;D Just kidding...uh...sorta].

Phil should be able to made another million or two based on his current status.  I would save that cash and focus on slimming down upon retirement.  Phil just turned 39 - he can hopefully reverse some of the negative side effects of bodybuilding and lead a relatively normal life, depending on his individual response to hormones.  I hope he doesn't do what Nasser El Sonbaty and other retired pros have done - and stay way too big way too long.

All things he chose to do ergo cannot bitch about...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2018, 11:37:09 AM »

Where has he made enough money to save so he can live off it the rest of his life?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2018, 11:52:16 AM »
Poor Phil
It’s best to just let him fade away

His head game is weak. ;D
A

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2018, 11:59:30 AM »

Hmmmm maybe
Though last we heard he couldn’t afford to pay back the $80k Bracelet he Stole / Borrowed.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »
Where has he made enough money to save so he can live off it the rest of his life?

contest winnings alone, the olympia wins paid him about 400k each, that's a lot of money to use for hopefully wise investments that could set him up for life

and then his sponsorships and paid appearances, i remember jay saying the main reason he wanted to win at least one olympia was because the appearance fees at shows and expos could have him making big money for life

E
E

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2018, 02:31:02 PM »
contest winnings alone, the olympia wins paid him about 400k each, that's a lot of money to use for hopefully wise investments that could set him up for life

and then his sponsorships and paid appearances, i remember jay saying the main reason he wanted to win at least one olympia was because the appearance fees at shows and expos could have him making big money for life

E

You forgot one thing - The most important Thing
He’s a Black Man whatever he made isn’t going to last him very long.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2018, 02:52:40 PM »

E
I'd forgotten how much they get paid now.  I was thinking it was still like $100,000 which would probably be his food and drug bill for the year.