Author Topic: Did ZYZZ Bring Back Aesthetics To Bodybuilding?  (Read 4867 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Did ZYZZ Bring Back Aesthetics To Bodybuilding?
« on: December 05, 2018, 03:16:33 PM »
ZYZZ seemed to follow Frank Zane's philosophy of aesthetics over size. 
  He definitely had a tight mid section.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Re: Did ZYZZ Bring Back Aesthetics To Bodybuilding?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:18:22 PM »
He was the inspiration for Men's physique.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 05:21:38 PM »
Hardly a inspiration.

Doing clen, snorting coke and sittng in a sauna for hours to get ripped then die as a teenager, no thanks

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »
The NY Times seems to think so -

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/27/arts/male-fitness-body-building.html .

I hadn't of him in years till I saw that piece on bodybuilding and toxic masculinity. It's amusing, and worth the watch.

Edit, video inlined -

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
The NY Times seems to think so -

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/27/arts/male-fitness-body-building.html .

I hadn't of him in years till I saw that piece on bodybuilding and toxic masculinity. It's amusing, and worth the watch.

Edit, video inlined -

good video actually

fyi - the best read on this topic is from Dr. Harrison Pope Jr "Adonis complex" he wrote it in the 1990s or 2000s he was on the documentary bigger, faster, stronger

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »
Hardly a inspiration.

Doing clen, snorting coke and sittng in a sauna for hours to get ripped then die as a teenager, no thanks

besides those items - which are common in our little messy world....

he was way ahead of his time with the internet videos - he was on 4chan back in 2009 and then doing youtube in 2010....way before the other "fitness types" were on Youtube or Instagram

if didnt die in 2010... he would have been making a $$$$ since he had a huge following - he could have sold BS fitness programs on IG, youtube and hav millions of followers from the start - he could have made a fortune off fools spending money with online programs.  have some BS supplment line

guys like Bradley Martin make a killing since they were some of the 1st youtubers/IG to cash in big

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 08:17:42 PM »
Zyzz was the inspiration for the current run of fitness youtube / instagram personalities. He was ahead of his time. Would have been interesting to see what he would have accomplished had he not died whilst on vacation in Thailand.  Never know when these predisposed genetic conditions will strike.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 08:31:18 PM »
Zyzz was the inspiration for the current run of fitness youtube / instagram personalities. He was ahead of his time. Would have been interesting to see what he would have accomplished had he not died whilst on vacation in Thailand.  Never know whenever these predisposed genetic conditions will strike.

he was way ahead of his time and created that genre before anyone would have made money on it.

he would have been a calum or bradley martin type - but more profitable since he was 1st

many of those ppl who were part of "sherdz" made a killing and ran with it. most are not IFBB pros or anything either - just created an amazing brand

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 01:19:28 AM »
He helped to start the douchey movement we see today of Instagram / Jewtube twinks and sluts, with not much muscle, but dying for a 6-pack.

Total loser...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 01:38:03 AM »
Vanity is a mortal sin.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 02:10:56 AM »
Hardly a inspiration.

Said perfectly

End of thread

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 02:47:02 AM »
Son of Zeus
Brother of Hercules
Father of Aesthetics

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 03:08:58 AM »
Jeff Seid took it a step further than zyzz

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 03:29:56 AM »
One of Zyzz's things is that he didn't care what people thought of him. In fact, he liked to push the boundaries just to get a reaction by doing things that most people would be too afraid to. It wasn't him all the time but it was a part of him that has arguably become the most popular among fans.

By late 2010 or so, he'd really started to regret becoming so popular. There's a now-deleted post where he states that he's gotten tired of all of the beta's coming up to him and saying "come at me, bro!" or "u mad??" as it's gotten overdone. He was nice to his fans but never really did things for them. He was just living his life. Of course, he enjoyed the spoils of his ever-growing success, which is thanks to his fans.

Hey weirdo, he killed himself with his lifestyle. Stop trying to glorify him. You can keep posting in this shit thread with all of your gimmicks... but you are living in the fucking past.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 03:35:57 AM »
Looks like ZYZZ also had a congenital heart defect. All genetic. Nothing to do with steroids.

On 5 August 2011, Shavershian suffered a heart attack in a sauna, while on holiday in Pattaya.[28] He was taken to a hospital, where doctors were unable to revive him.[4][19][11] His family and friends placed news of his death on Facebook. His death was confirmed on 9 August 2011 by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).[7] An autopsy revealed a previously undiagnosed congenital heart defect.[7] His family stated he had shown several minor symptoms in the few months leading up to August 2011, including high blood pressure and occasional shortness of breath. He had a family history of heart problems.[7]
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 04:24:06 AM »
I'm not glorifying him - he had good points and bad, as every human does.

*ROYALTY* ... or is it *LOYALTY* ... it's nutz, the Royalty.  8)

You are worshipping & glorifying a corpse in the graveyard.... he put himself there.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 04:28:48 AM »
The original Hebrews were black.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 05:25:06 AM »
He had a great physique. Athletic looking and aesthetic. I wonder if we will ever know how he truly died?  One thing for sure many have died from heart attacks from coke. I don't trust investigations in places like Thailand. I remember when he died the speculation was murder. Never knew how he got away with his sometimes obnoxious behavior but without malice in these third world countries where life is cheap.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 06:02:51 AM »
He's dead. 

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 06:18:32 AM »
Son of Zeus
Brother of Hercules
Father of Aesthetics

I find the face to be creepy and ugly looking. The hair is just stupid looking. His plea for attention and validation is an embarrassment.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 06:36:03 AM »
Son of Zeus
Brother of Hercules
Father of Aesthetics

Reaper former client.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 08:31:02 AM »
Looks like ZYZZ also had a congenital heart defect. All genetic. Nothing to do with steroids.

On 5 August 2011, Shavershian suffered a heart attack in a sauna, while on holiday in Pattaya.[28] He was taken to a hospital, where doctors were unable to revive him.[4][19][11] His family and friends placed news of his death on Facebook. His death was confirmed on 9 August 2011 by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).[7] An autopsy revealed a previously undiagnosed congenital heart defect.[7] His family stated he had shown several minor symptoms in the few months leading up to August 2011, including high blood pressure and occasional shortness of breath. He had a family history of heart problems.[7]

Send in your tax deductible contribution to the Congenital Heart Defect Foundation and help to one day find a cure for this disease.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »
ZYZZ seemed to follow Frank Zane's philosophy of aesthetics over size. 
  He definitely had a tight mid section.

He was tall, in contrast to all the usual chemical dwarfs in pro bodybuilding
And his physique looked attainable to many ignorant people

Also, women like his kind of body. Most girls dislike the bloated excessive bodybuilder look
The 300 lbs high dosage guys are popular with gays mainly

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »
Zyzz definitely inspired a lot of people.  Overall I think it's a good thing.  The bloated pro bodybuilder look has run it's course.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
There is faggotry afoot in this thread.