Author Topic: Merry Christmas to you all  (Read 2516 times)

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
Merry Christmas to you all
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:48:25 AM »
Edited because I wasted my time sharing.  No longer have any more time to waste.  For the folks that wished me well, I appreciate it.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Had a Heart Attack and almost died this past weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:55:55 AM »
Glad you're still here.

Remarkable story.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 04:04:11 AM »
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 04:05:49 AM »
Every time you take a baby aspirin, you leave the other aspirin behind

X

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 04:10:14 AM »
Every time you take a baby aspirin, you leave the other aspirin behind

LOL ;D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 04:19:37 AM »
Its because of test. Raises HDL and LDL

This is scietifically proven so your doc is just feeding you what you want to hear

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 04:47:47 AM »
I'm still alive.  Was in the right place at the right time.  I ignored chest pain that happened twice in the last 2 months and figured it was stress because it went away.

Was at work when it hit me.  Didn't go away.   Went home to lay down and it got 100 times worse. Had no pain in my arms but it went up my neck and I had the worse sore throat I've ever had.  I knew then that I was having a heart attack.

Called 911 and they said unlock the front door.  As soon as I did that I almost passed out.

They did an EKG and instantly knew I was having a heart attack.  Sent me straight to the Cardiac Care hospital in my area and within 5 mins of arriving had a stint put in an artery that was 100% blocked.

When they unblocked it they sucked out the plaque and then insert the stint but some of the blockage got away and blocked another artery.  So I'm having to have a second stint put in the week before Christmas.

Laying there in the foyer I knew I was dying.  I wasn't scared, had no regrets.  Wasn't worried about my wife.  I knew she would be alright.   But was worried about my kids.  I didn't want to screw them up for the rest of their life.

I didn't see a light and my life didn't flash before my eyes.  But I did have a calm, peaceful feeling that came over me other than the pain.

I have to take a lot of medicine for the rest of my life.  Beta-blocker, baby aspirin, cholesterol medicine, and a blood thinner for a year.

If I was living in my other house 2 hours away I would not be here.  They don't even do stints in the county there.  Because they worked on me so fast it saved my life.

I do have the best case scenario after having a heart attack.  I have ZERO heart damage to my heart.  It's strong as a horse.  I'm in absolutely great shape other than the plaque buildup that caused my HA.  One is completely fixed and the other will be the week before Christmas.  

Funny the night before I was in the gym pounding out reps of 315 on the bench at the end of my chest and tricep workout.

This happened for 3 reasons I think.  

First, my Dad died of a HA at 42.  He was a 2 sport athlete in college, a Marine and Coach.  His brother died at 38 from a HA and so did my Grandfather.  So as far as heart problems go I had that in my genes.

Second, was I was on a low dose of cholesterol medicine.  20mgs of Lipitor.  When I moved 2 hours away my Doc left the practice he was working at and they refused to call in my script until I was seen by the new Doc.  That never happened.   So I went without my medicine for a year.  I didn't think too much about this because I was on the fence in regards of even needing it in the firstplace.  So I started taking it probably before I even needed it.

Third, the amount of STRESS I have been under for the past 2 1/2 years is unbelievable.  I think it would have taken down the strongest person.  I have taken hit after hit after hit.   I got through it but it wasn't easy.  Cliff notes, got screwed over by a General Contractor for over $300,000 and threats of lawsuits almost weekly.  I worked my way out of this hole by working at my business 7 days a week.  Tough on the family and my wife was doing the same thing.

The Cardiologist said it wasn't because of taking Testosterone.  I am on TRT at a low dose (what I think is low) of 250mgs every 10 days.  I don't regret starting it and I will pick it back up 2 weeks after the next stint.  It's made me feel good, sleep better, still make gains, lose fat, sex life much better and just over all feel better about myself.

I was in ICU for 3 nights then they released me.  Great care but didn't get one second of rest.

All this combined just about killed me.  Anyway, wanted to share it with you guys.  Don't think it really has hit me that I almost left this world.  But happy to be here.  

Merry Christmas and be sure to get a regular check-up.

Quit the stressful job (it will kill you faster than anything else), more cardio, lighter weights, change the diet and stop the juice and you'll be fine in the future.  Glad you're still here and good luck.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 04:53:09 AM »
It was probably caused by the test.  You got lucky this time.  Same thing happened to a good friend of mine... avid lifter, strong as fuk... he was on test for 25 years.  He was at work having some chest pains... he called and told me about it and I told him you need to go to the hospital right away... he ignored me and went to bed... next day he goes to work and has massive heart attack and drops dead on the spot.  He was dead before the paramedics even got there.  

Eventually roid use/abuse catches up to you.  People always think "It can't/won't happen to me"... sure it will.  

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 04:54:32 AM »
It was probably just a genetic abnormality. :D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 04:58:27 AM »
Glad you're okay. Heart attacks are the number one killer of man. Often the first sign of a heart attack or stroke is death. Of course you want to put the odds in your favor by doing everything you can to prevent but sometimes it's not enough. I do wish fans of lifting would realize that the heart is a muscle and they should train it. No, cardio isn't a cure all. Just puts the odds in your favor and lowers the risks.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 04:58:56 AM »
It was probably just a genetic abnormality. :D

Gimmick stories are always prone to genetic abnormalities.
X

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 05:18:52 AM »
As are all bodybuilder health scares and deaths.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 05:22:01 AM »

I don't think it is a gimmick... too many specifics.  If it is, it sure is elaborate.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 05:58:05 AM »
I don't think it is a gimmick... too many specifics.  If it is, it sure is elaborate.

Specifics that can be found on google.

Shizzo has a lot of time.
X

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 06:07:30 AM »

They did an EKG and instantly knew I was having a heart attack.  Sent me straight to the Cardiac Care hospital in my area and within 5 mins of arriving had a stint put in an artery that was 100% blocked.

When they unblocked it they sucked out the plaque and then insert the stint but some of the blockage got away and blocked another artery.  So I'm having to have a second stint put in the week before Christmas.

Pure bullshit.   :D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 06:10:28 AM »
Glad you made it. Hereditary is a major cause of HA's and inflammation. Stress also kills, HUGE cause of heart disease when combined w/ hereditary.
Heavy juicing will cause plaque build-up, TRT, not so much, except for those who may be genetically inclined (as yourself).
Low testosterone levels also is very damaging to  health.

If you get back on Test, maybe start lower (125), do monthly bloods to see where you are at for everything (if you can).

Elvis lives!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 06:25:07 AM »
Often the first sign of a heart attack or stroke is death.

This sounds about right.

;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 06:26:35 AM »
To the OP, I’m happy everything’s OK. Quite the story.

Re: the TRT: That amount you mention is indeed WAY higher than replacement.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 06:45:34 AM »
I do have the best case scenario after having a heart attack.  I have ZERO heart damage to my heart.  It's strong as a horse.  I'm in absolutely great shape other than the plaque buildup that caused my HA.  One is completely fixed and the other will be the week before Christmas.  

:D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 06:49:11 AM »
:D

I found that funny, as well.

“One-hundred percent blockage. But I’m perfectly healthy!”  ???

Not to make light of his experience. Scary as fuck.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 07:02:58 AM »
I'm still alive.  Was in the right place at the right time.  I ignored chest pain that happened twice in the last 2 months and figured it was stress because it went away.

Was at work when it hit me.  Didn't go away.   Went home to lay down and it got 100 times worse. Had no pain in my arms but it went up my neck and I had the worse sore throat I've ever had.  I knew then that I was having a heart attack.

Called 911 and they said unlock the front door.  As soon as I did that I almost passed out.

Laying there in the foyer I knew I was dying.  I wasn't scared, had no regrets.  Wasn't worried about my wife.  I knew she would be alright.   But was worried about my kids.  I didn't want to screw them up for the rest of their life.

I didn't see a light and my life didn't flash before my eyes.  But I did have a calm, peaceful feeling that came over me other than the pain.

I have to take a lot of medicine for the rest of my life.  Beta-blocker, baby aspirin, cholesterol medicine, and a blood thinner for a year.

If I was living in my other house 2 hours away I would not be here.  They don't even do stints in the county there.  Because they worked on me so fast it saved my life.

Funny the night before I was in the gym pounding out reps of 315 on the bench at the end of my chest and tricep workout.

First, my Dad died of a HA at 42.  He was a 2 sport athlete in college, a Marine and Coach.  His brother died at 38 from a HA and so did my Grandfather.  So as far as heart problems go I had that in my genes.

Second, was I was on a low dose of cholesterol medicine.  20mgs of Lipitor.  When I moved 2 hours away my Doc left the practice he was working at and they refused to call in my script until I was seen by the new Doc.  That never happened.   So I went without my medicine for a year.  I didn't think too much about this because I was on the fence in regards of even needing it in the firstplace.  So I started taking it probably before I even needed it.

Third, the amount of STRESS I have been under for the past 2 1/2 years is unbelievable.  I think it would have taken down the strongest person.  I have taken hit after hit after hit.   I got through it but it wasn't easy.  Cliff notes, got screwed over by a General Contractor for over $300,000 and threats of lawsuits almost weekly.  I worked my way out of this hole by working at my business 7 days a week.  Tough on the family and my wife was doing the same thing.

The Cardiologist said it wasn't because of taking Testosterone.  I am on TRT at a low dose (what I think is low) of 250mgs every 10 days.  I don't regret starting it and I will pick it back up 2 weeks after the next stint.  It's made me feel good, sleep better, still make gains, lose fat, sex life much better and just over all feel better about myself.

I was in ICU for 3 nights then they released me.  Great care but didn't get one second of rest.

All this combined just about killed me.  Anyway, wanted to share it with you guys.  Don't think it really has hit me that I almost left this world.  But happy to be here.  

Holy crap, glad you're still with us!

Hope you will have a merry christmas Elvis / Shizzo!
Q

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 08:20:08 AM »

"They did an EKG and instantly knew I was having a heart attack.  Sent me straight to the Cardiac Care hospital in my area and within 5 mins of arriving had a stint put in an artery that was 100% blocked.

When they unblocked it they sucked out the plaque and then insert the stint but some of the blockage got away and blocked another artery.  So I'm having to have a second stint put in the week before Christmas.

Merry Christmas and be sure to get a regular check-up."

Pure bullshit.   :D

Absolutely BS because no hospital does paperwork that fast.

sarcafago

• Getbig III
  • Keep your whip hand strong.
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 09:10:54 AM »

I am on TRT at a low dose (what I think is low) of 250mgs every 10 days.  I don't regret starting it and I will pick it back up 2 weeks after the next stint.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 09:55:05 AM »
Stent is spelled with an E.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 10:30:36 AM »

How old are you?