Author Topic: Porch Pirates  (Read 2525 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Porch Pirates
« on: December 11, 2018, 09:20:39 AM »
New (to me) term I just heard, a poster said:

"Talkin’ about “What’s wrong with people?”, I saw on the news last night, that some people are using their kids as Porch Pirates!

The parent drives, but the kid runs out to steal the package.

The news said the kid in the clip I saw was 8-years-old, max.  You can’t imagine how bad I wanna club that parent – while on the news!"

Maybe people will start leaving exploding boxes on their own steps for some of these tools?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Porch Pirates
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:26:19 AM »

"Talkin’ about “What’s wrong with people?”, I saw on the news last night, that some people are using their kids as Porch Pirates!

The news said the kid in the clip I saw was 8-years-old, max.  You can’t imagine how bad I wanna club that parent – while on the news!"

Maybe people will start leaving exploding boxes on their own steps for some of these tools?

Better than just sitting on the Porch no?
Q

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »

It’s already been done a lot.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 10:14:57 AM »
I wonder who the delivery package thieves vote for?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 10:21:16 AM »
I wonder who the delivery package thieves vote for?

Thieving,lying trash,i imagine they vote democratic.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »
Lots of great reactions from Chocolates here :)

Q

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »
Thieves are absolute scum.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 01:03:41 PM »
The ethics and morals of society have plummeted in the last few decades.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »
Lots of great reactions from Chocolates here :)

That was cool to watch but who the fuck just steals cell phones?If i saw one and no one was around i would leave it.wouldnt touch it.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 06:34:51 PM »
That was cool to watch but who the fuck just steals cell phones?If i saw one and no one was around i would leave it.wouldnt touch it.

Let me know when you're planning to visit a park bench bro.

I once found an iPhone in a changing room at the mall. I brought it to a store associate.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 06:50:43 PM »
Still better than butt pirates.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 08:09:55 PM »

Speak for yourself big boy.
a

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 12:47:06 AM »

Speak for yourself big boy.
Q

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 03:19:30 AM »
The GetBig band:

"Capt'n Buttocks and the Porch Pirates".

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 05:08:16 AM »

That’s a brilliant idea.  In wondering what the legal ramifications are.  If someone tries to steal a box and blows off their hands.  Do you get charged?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 06:49:22 AM »

Cops are leaving GPS trackers in boxes. But if you're that worried about your fucking amazon package, just send it to an amazon pickup location or your job.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/12/sting-uses-fake-amazon-boxes-gps-to-catch-would-be-thieves.html
A

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 09:32:38 AM »
That’s a brilliant idea.  In wondering what the legal ramifications are.  If someone tries to steal a box and blows off their hands.  Do you get charged?

You'd face a civil lawsuit at the least. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 11:00:49 AM »
I just talked to the mailmen today. He say thieves are targeting my neighborhood and taking packages off porches and mailboxes. Time to get a cam, anyone knows a good one. lol
A

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »
I just talked to the mailmen today. He say thieves are targeting my neighborhood and taking packages off porches and mailboxes. Time to get a cam, anyone knows a good one. lol

I have used several different styles and brands.  So far nothing compares to NEST, BUT, they are expensive - $200 each (indoor or outdoor) + requires a $10/mo.ea. subscription.  The day and night vision quality is excellent.  The app works great, alerting the instant activity is detected within your selected zones.  Works almost too well, alerting when a cat, possum, or even spider crosses its view. :)  Able to scroll back 10 days worth of activity and save anything worthwhile.  Plugs into an outlet so there's never a need to change batteries or having an SD card fill up.  Excellent, stateside (CA) tech support.  Love the cameras except for the $$$.

Costco had a Panasonic on sale $79.  On the surface, seems like a great little camera however, the app SUCKS.  Extremely unreliable and inconsistent and does not work outside of the home WiFi where the camera is connected rendering it useless when you're not home.

The Tend Insights Lynx Indoor (about $60 on Amazon) works ok.  The picture is pretty good.  Alerts app on activity but only captures a few seconds worth, not continuous.  The app can be slow and inconsistent and often has weird little techy quirks that come n go randomly making it difficult to troubleshoot. Overall, it's a decent little camera for the $$$, just not something reliably trustworthy.

Moultrie trail cams have their place I suppose, but they require batteries and an SD card.  Mount it on tree or wherever, but who wants to climb a ladder to get the SD card to put it in your device to view after the fact or change the batteries?

I've been experimenting with a great little camera. https://www.wyzecam.com/wyze-cam/
This little thing is GREAT.  Super easy setup.  App works well too.  Free rolling 14 day cloud storage, night vision, local storage with a micro sd card, live stream, 2-way audio.  Can't beat it!  ~$25 bucks
Note:  I also tried the Wyze pan cam and do not like it as well as this.
:

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 11:26:14 AM »
I have used several different styles and brands.  So far nothing compares to NEST, BUT, they are expensive - $200 each (indoor or outdoor) + requires a $10/mo.ea. subscription.  The day and night vision quality is excellent.  The app works great, alerting the instant activity is detected within your selected zones.  Works almost too well, alerting when a cat, possum, or even spider crosses its view. :)  Able to scroll back 10 days worth of activity and save anything worthwhile.  Plugs into an outlet so there's never a need to change batteries or having an SD card fill up.  Excellent, stateside (CA) tech support.  Love the cameras except for the $$$.

Costco had a Panasonic on sale $79.  On the surface, seems like a great little camera however, the app SUCKS.  Extremely unreliable and inconsistent and does not work outside of the home WiFi where the camera is connected rendering it useless when you're not home.

The Tend Insights Lynx Indoor (about $60 on Amazon) works ok.  The picture is pretty good.  Alerts app on activity but only captures a few seconds worth, not continuous.  The app can be slow and inconsistent and often has weird little techy quirks that come n go randomly making it difficult to troubleshoot. Overall, it's a decent little camera for the $$$, just not something reliably trustworthy.

Moultrie trail cams have their place I suppose, but they require batteries and an SD card.  Mount it on tree or wherever, but who wants to climb a ladder to get the SD card to put it in your device to view after the fact or change the batteries?

I've been experimenting with a great little camera. https://www.wyzecam.com/wyze-cam/
This little thing is GREAT.  Super easy setup.  App works well too.  Free rolling 14 day cloud storage, night vision, local storage with a micro sd card, live stream, 2-way audio.  Can't beat it!  ~$25 bucks
Note:  I also tried the Wyze pan cam and do not like it as well as this.

Thanks for the quick reply. I wanted something home kit compatible, but damn nest is $$ and I don't want to have to pay monthly. Going to buy a couple of those wyze cams. Look cool, thanks again.
A

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 08:30:23 AM »
It’s already been done a lot.

Nice.   Lol.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 10:41:16 PM »
Worth a look for plenty of laughs!

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 11:13:40 PM »
So u order something online and if you‘re not home when the package with soiled muscleman‘s posing trunks arrives the company that delivers just leaves it on your doorstep?