Author Topic: Tried an edible pot brownie last night  (Read 14478 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: Tried an edible pot brownie last night
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »
Hey Illuminati, if you have to ask where to purchase, I'm assuming it's not legal in your state. Sorry, but I can't help in that case.

If you want to try CBD and THC at the same time, I would try a tincture, if you can find one. It's a liquid that you dispense into a drink with an eye dropper, giving you fine control over the amount. As far as the ratio, probably just try one that's higher in CBD and one higher in THC and see which you like more.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »
Hey Illuminati, if you have to ask where to purchase, I'm assuming it's not legal in your state. Sorry, but I can't help in that case.

If you want to try CBD and THC at the same time, I would try a tincture, if you can find one. It's a liquid that you dispense into a drink with an eye dropper, giving you fine control over the amount. As far as the ratio, probably just try one that's higher in CBD and one higher I. tHC and see which you like more.

I’m in the U.K. and it’s a messed up situation over here at the moment
With regards CBD/THC therapeutic treatments.

I know a few shall we say dodgy characters I’ll have to tap into.

I have an ongoing problem with my left knee / lower leg
Lots of pain & swelling up when walking or standing any length of time.

Thanks for taking the time.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 11:35:14 AM »
How am I supposed to determine that if it's in a relatively small container? For the record, I just can't to that again.

For whatever reason, 10mg is something of a standard for many edibles. Try half of a 10mg edible and see if you have the same experience.

It seems like you may have noticed a disturbing effect and are trying to convince yourself to dismiss it. I wouldn't be surprised, anyway. If you used a reasonable dose a fair number of times, you would probably have to recant some of your beliefs.

Used properly, the drug will force you to confront yourself. It's not always comfortable, unlike rampantly abused stimulant drugs (caffeine) that reinforce your selfish tendencies.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2018, 11:37:26 AM »
I’m in the U.K. and it’s a messed up situation over here at the moment
With regards CBD/THC therapeutic treatments.

I know a few shall we say dodgy characters I’ll have to tap into.

I have an ongoing problem with my left knee / lower leg
Lots of pain & swelling up when walking or standing any length of time.

Thanks for taking the time.

Yeah no problem. I never used it much for inflammation/painkilling. Higher CBD might be better from that, but others here have more experience to speak from.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 12:03:10 PM »
SI went out last week, right hip was about a 1-1/2" throwing off my gait and killing me when I squat. Went to my Chiro on Monday and he adjusted my hips back to where I'm only about a 1/2 off, one more adjustment to go. After the first adjustment, of course, there would be some inflammation and still some shooting until the inflammation reduced and the nerves have settled down. Hence the brownie.

I hate not having my head clear but I was home, doing my SI stretches, in pain, etc. Cousin comes in and says "here, try this". Long story short, It tastes great but absolutely HATED the effects, felt dizzy, nauseated, equilibrium was all fucked up and barely made it through my shower. I finally laid down around 7 pm last night and didn't wake up until 30 min ago. Worst experience I've had since I quit doing drugs almost 27 years ago.

Makes you slow, lethargic and have no idea how you pot people can function. I would have rather stayed in pain. NEVER AGAIN!

I had a ton of computer work I had to do last night and it was wasted.
Ways you fucked up
1.) different strains for different things, some are better for pain than others
2.) If you didn't want to feel lazy should have done a sativa not indica. Not even going to talk about hybrids
3.) Eating something you didn't make. You NEVER do that, you don't know what they put in there.
4.) For pain high CBD, with only a small amount of THC, the stuff that gets you high, is better. You aren't trying to get high, just pain relief.
5.) not having any CBD to bring you down with you.
6.) eating the whole brownie, eatables take 30 mins or so to kick in. You overdosed, and got baked.
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2018, 12:07:03 PM »
I thought Getbiggers only did Vodka.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2018, 12:23:08 PM »
SI went out last week, right hip was about a 1-1/2" throwing off my gait and killing me when I squat. Went to my Chiro on Monday and he adjusted my hips back to where I'm only about a 1/2 off, one more adjustment to go. After the first adjustment, of course, there would be some inflammation and still some shooting until the inflammation reduced and the nerves have settled down. Hence the brownie.

I hate not having my head clear but I was home, doing my SI stretches, in pain, etc. Cousin comes in and says "here, try this". Long story short, It tastes great but absolutely HATED the effects, felt dizzy, nauseated, equilibrium was all fucked up and barely made it through my shower. I finally laid down around 7 pm last night and didn't wake up until 30 min ago. Worst experience I've had since I quit doing drugs almost 27 years ago.

Makes you slow, lethargic and have no idea how you pot people can function. I would have rather stayed in pain. NEVER AGAIN!

I had a ton of computer work I had to do last night and it was wasted.

You should have taken an Aleve instead. Like Aspirin, it's also an anti inflammatory. Unlike pot, these over-the-counter pain relievers don't come with psychoactive properties.

-Tried pot on three occasions when I was in my twenties. Nothing happened with the first two. The third time made me extremely paranoid. That was enough for me to never want to use it again.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »
You should have taken an Aleve instead. Like Aspirin, it's also an anti inflammatory. Unlike pot, these over-the-counter pain relievers don't come with psychoactive properties.

-Tried pot on three occasions when I was in my twenties. Nothing happened with the first two. The third time made me extremely paranoid. That was enough for me to never want to use it again.

I have been taking ibuprofen and Aleve. I thought I’d give my kidneys and liver a break. I’m going back to the ibuprofen and Aleve lol

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 12:38:33 PM »
I have been taking ibuprofen and Aleve. I thought I’d give my kidneys and liver a break. I’m going back to the ibuprofen and Aleve lol
         coach read up on this stuff . you might want to give it a try.
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »

Unless your liver is already compromised, you should be okay. Your kidneys are nothing to mess with.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2018, 01:26:13 PM »
         coach read up on this stuff . you might want to give it a try.

I drink 4 ounces of that every day diluted with a lot of water,usually with juice from half a lime and and often with a heaping tablespoon of hydrolyzed collagen.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2018, 01:50:10 PM »
Coach, when you have a chance can  you suggest some SI stretches/mobility movements that work for you?  Having some issues lately and troubleshooting by myself gets a bit  frustrating.  I live in the arsehole of the continent, and the clostest PT is ~ 5hr drive.  Thx in advance.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2018, 02:06:34 PM »
vaping is very easy on the lungs and pulling it through water just cools it down

Also, I only vape once a week on Saturday or Sunday and that's it so I have no concerns over a tiny bit of vapor on my lungs.

Sativa can make some people feel paranoid.  I always stick to an indica which is more body relaxing.

This ^^.

Indica is the way to go to relieve some pain,and mellow out. Sativa is the energetic, paranoia,anxiety strain. Not for me.
And you probably did way too much. 1/4 of a brownie would have probably been fine (if Indica).

1st time I tried a cookie, guy says "just eat half" so I did, waited a while, nothing, ate the other half was basically a vegetable for the night,but I liked it.
(If I waited another hour, the 1/2 would have been fine, takes a while to hit).

I have a bunch of hard candy edibles, 10 mg THC per. (Like only 1 piece of gummy bear basically). Don't get high off of it, just a deep relaxation, and amazing sleep.
(I only do like 1 per week, on a FRI or SAT night if bored). It's not for everyone,but hardly a gateway drug like people say. IF used correctly, just a medicinal herb (or candy) : )

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2018, 03:23:06 PM »
You just ate to much,common mistake as you dont do it.If you ate 5 mg you would feel great and love it.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
Even when I was smoking every day for awhile a 25 mg edible would have me scared praying for it to be over.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2018, 04:30:43 PM »
Even when I was smoking every day for awhile a 25 mg edible would have me scared praying for it to be over.

10 mg seems to be perfect for many, I like it,not really high, just relaxed, pain free, and unreal sleep...

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2018, 04:41:45 PM »
10 mg seems to be perfect for many, I like it,not really high, just relaxed, pain free, and unreal sleep...

Exactly 10mgs is the sweet spot.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2018, 06:42:14 PM »
I think 1mg thc is like 20mg caffeine. I'm guessing coach had like 20-50 mg. So it's like someone abstinent of caffiene drinking 4-10 cups of coffee and telling everyone "never again"!

I don't go over 5mg in a day anymore. I even divide the 5mg tablet up two or three ways, sometimes.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2018, 07:19:54 PM »
But again, how do you determine the mg if it’s wrapped up in a brownie?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2018, 07:37:09 PM »

Damn you're dumb as a box of rocks

You've been given a lot of good info on this thread already

First don't eat a brownie that someone gave you

Go to a dispensary and buy an edible that is micro-dosed and you probably should only be taking CBD if you're doing if for pain and inflammation

https://elementalwellnesscenter.com/edibles

Also, why are you trying to squat when you have a hip injury (one that is giving you enough pain to seek relief through medication)

That's just fucking stupid...."coach"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
Jerry smith falcon says tha coach wel take ahit agan
A

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2018, 08:18:57 PM »

Did someone give you a brownie, or did you get a brownie or edible from a dispensary?  Big difference.  Also, when taken orally, THC interacts with an enzyme in the liver creating a much stronger form of THC than when smoked or vaped.  Takes much longer to hit you when taken orally, and whether taken on a full or empty stomach makes a big difference.  Also, there are many different strains that have many different effects.  The higher the THC, the higher you get.  Cannabis has many benefits, and is much better for you than taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen. 

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2018, 08:19:43 PM »
The trouble I have with medical marijuana is that it's the drug indication for a ridiculous amount of infirmaries. Everything from anxiety, pain, glaucoma, insomnia, depression, Parkinson, dandruff and host of other maladies. Could it be people just like to get high? 

I will stick with the occasional glass of whiskey. Judging by the slurred speech patterns of long time pot heads it's my empirical guess that it causes neurological damage. It certainly discourages ambition with habitual use.   

Completely clueless. 

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2018, 09:06:57 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2018, 09:09:59 PM »
Did someone give you a brownie, or did you get a brownie or edible from a dispensary?  Big difference.  Also, when taken orally, THC interacts with an enzyme in the liver creating a much stronger form of THC than when smoked or vaped.  Takes much longer to hit you when taken orally, and whether taken on a full or empty stomach makes a big difference.  Also, there are many different strains that have many different effects.  The higher the THC, the higher you get.  Cannabis has many benefits, and is much better for you than taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen. 

Cousins client owns a big dispensary. Gave it to her as a gift