Author Topic: Tried an edible pot brownie last night  (Read 14354 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Tried an edible pot brownie last night
« on: December 12, 2018, 09:19:48 AM »
SI went out last week, right hip was about a 1-1/2" throwing off my gait and killing me when I squat. Went to my Chiro on Monday and he adjusted my hips back to where I'm only about a 1/2 off, one more adjustment to go. After the first adjustment, of course, there would be some inflammation and still some shooting until the inflammation reduced and the nerves have settled down. Hence the brownie.

I hate not having my head clear but I was home, doing my SI stretches, in pain, etc. Cousin comes in and says "here, try this". Long story short, It tastes great but absolutely HATED the effects, felt dizzy, nauseated, equilibrium was all fucked up and barely made it through my shower. I finally laid down around 7 pm last night and didn't wake up until 30 min ago. Worst experience I've had since I quit doing drugs almost 27 years ago.

Makes you slow, lethargic and have no idea how you pot people can function. I would have rather stayed in pain. NEVER AGAIN!

I had a ton of computer work I had to do last night and it was wasted.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Tried an edible pot brownie last night
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 09:27:14 AM »
SI went out last week, right hip was about a 1-1/2" throwing off my gait and killing me when I squat. Went to my Chiro on Monday and he adjusted my hips back to where I'm only about a 1/2 off, one more adjustment to go. After the first adjustment, of course, there would be some inflammation and still some shooting until the inflammation reduced and the nerves have settled down. Hence the brownie.

I hate not having my head clear but I was home, doing my SI stretches, in pain, etc. Cousin comes in and says "here, try this". Long story short, It tastes great but absolutely HATED the effects, felt dizzy, nauseated, equilibrium was all fucked up and barely made it through my shower. I finally laid down around 7 pm last night and didn't wake up until 30 min ago. Worst experience I've had since I quit doing drugs almost 27 years ago.

Makes slow, lethargic and have no idea how you pot people can function. I would have rather stayed in pain. NEVER AGAIN!

X2
Same awful effects & Feelings
Around 30yrs ago I went on holiday & meet a couple
In gym and they had a party going - they had these nice tasting cakes
Laced (unbeknown to me ) with it..... jeez it messed me up.
Never ever again- not for me.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »
X2
Same awful effects & Feelings
Around 30yrs ago I went on holiday & meet a couple
In gym and they had a party going - they had these nice tasting cakes
Laced (unbeknown to me ) with it..... jeez it messed me up.
Never ever again- not for me.

To be sure the pain went away but came right back when it wore off and this is where the addiction (including Narcotics) starts.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:42:46 AM »
To be sure the pain went away but came right back when it wore off and this is where the addiction (including Narcotics) starts.

Yes for those to Feeble to deal with the pain otherwise
I felt awful for days after
No doubt many like that feeling  :-\

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 10:03:19 AM »
Coach,

Maybe it's a lack of tolerance due to our age?

About 5 years ago, while having to attend a wedding on the west coast (Cannon Beach, Oregon), I made an overnight stop at the home of a family friend who lives in Salem. This guy was/is a free spirit and loves to smoke marijuana and consume edibles. Anyhow, while staying there overnight, I woke up late during the evening wanting something to eat. I made my way to the kitchen and saw that the guy had a bowl of chocolate brownies wrapped in saran wrap and in his refrigerator, he had vanilla ice cream. So, I thought, "why not serve myself a delicious bowl of crushed brownies with vanilla ice cream as a topping?". I did so and consumed a bowl of crushed up brownies with vanilla ice cream. About an hour later, I was paralyzed. I couldn't move from the couch. I thought I was having a heart attack. I experienced palpitations, felt as if I could barely breathe and couldn't not stand up, as my body felt as stiff as a board. I thought I was done for. I yelled out to my friend and told him to call the cops, as I was about to die. He called the paramedics and before they arrived, I told him that I had never experienced anything like this, hence why I felt this was the end of me. He then realized that the bulk of his brownies were gone and asked what I did with them. I told him that I ate them with ice cream. He said, "Just half of one of those brownies have about 120mg of THC and you ate about 7 of them!!".

Quickly, he had me drink about half a gallon of milk and then proceeded to get me to throw up (I used my fingers folks, not his cock). After throwing up, I felt way better, but realized then and there that I do not have the proper physiological constitution to even pretend to ever consume marijuana edibles.

"1"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »
Edibles are the worst way to go
I prefer using a dry herb vaporizer and then I filter it through water.
Buy some good flower (and also learn whether you prefer the effect of indica or sativa) and have one or two hits and STOP

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 10:12:13 AM »

Makes you slow, lethargic and have no idea how you pot people can function. I would have rather stayed in pain. NEVER AGAIN!

Never tried edibles but i'm told it's not the same as smoking. More intense high. You have to use small amounts.

Not surprising a non-smoker would have a bad experience by ingesting it. You skipped the foreplay and when straight for the butthole.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 10:16:31 AM »
Edibles are the worst way to go
I prefer using a dry herb vaporizer and then I filter it through water.
Buy some good flower (and also learn whether you prefer the effect of indica or sativa) and have one or two hits and STOP

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

What’s the difference? I haven’t smoked in years because it made me paranoid. Ate some edibles at a music festival in California a couple of years ago and liked it. Ate some about a year ago at home and hated it. Same type of paranoia. Maybe it’s setting you’re in?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 10:25:00 AM »

What’s the difference? I haven’t smoked in years because it made me paranoid. Ate some edibles at a music festival in California a couple of years ago and liked it. Ate some about a year ago at home and hated it. Same type of paranoia. Maybe it’s setting you’re in?

vaping is very easy on the lungs and pulling it through water just cools it down

Also, I only vape once a week on Saturday or Sunday and that's it so I have no concerns over a tiny bit of vapor on my lungs.

Sativa can make some people feel paranoid.  I always stick to an indica which is more body relaxing.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 10:35:17 AM »
The trouble I have with medical marijuana is that it's the drug indication for a ridiculous amount of infirmaries. Everything from anxiety, pain, glaucoma, insomnia, depression, Parkinson, dandruff and host of other maladies. Could it be people just like to get high? 

I will stick with the occasional glass of whiskey. Judging by the slurred speech patterns of long time pot heads it's my empirical guess that it causes neurological damage. It certainly discourages ambition with habitual use.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 10:36:33 AM »
Coach,

Maybe it's a lack of tolerance due to our age?

About 5 years ago, while having to attend a wedding on the west coast (Cannon Beach, Oregon), I made an overnight stop at the home of a family friend who lives in Salem. This guy was/is a free spirit and loves to smoke marijuana and consume edibles. Anyhow, while staying there overnight, I woke up late during the evening wanting something to eat. I made my way to the kitchen and saw that the guy had a bowl of chocolate brownies wrapped in saran wrap and in his refrigerator, he had vanilla ice cream. So, I thought, "why not serve myself a delicious bowl of crushed brownies with vanilla ice cream as a topping?". I did so and consumed a bowl of crushed up brownies with vanilla ice cream. About an hour later, I was paralyzed. I couldn't move from the couch. I thought I was having a heart attack. I experienced palpitations, felt as if I could barely breathe and couldn't not stand up, as my body felt as stiff as a board. I thought I was done for. I yelled out to my friend and told him to call the cops, as I was about to die. He called the paramedics and before they arrived, I told him that I had never experienced anything like this, hence why I felt this was the end of me. He then realized that the bulk of his brownies were gone and asked what I did with them. I told him that I ate them with ice cream. He said, "Just half of one of those brownies have about 120mg of THC and you ate about 7 of them!!".

Quickly, he had me drink about half a gallon of milk and then proceeded to get me to throw up (I used my fingers folks, not his cock). After throwing up, I felt way better, but realized then and there that I do not have the proper physiological constitution to even pretend to ever consume marijuana edibles.

"1"

;D ;D ;D

That's the thing, I didn't think I had that much. Maybe about 3/4-1" x 1" square. Went back to my computer work and it slowly started to hit me and then intensify.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »
Never tried edibles but i'm told it's not the same as smoking. More intense high. You have to use small amounts.

Not surprising a non-smoker would have a bad experience by ingesting it. You skipped the foreplay and when straight for the butthole.

LMAO..HAHAHAHAHA

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »
Not trying to start a debate for pot usage, but this shit can't be good for you.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 10:42:06 AM »
The trouble I have with medical marijuana is that it's the drug indication for a ridiculous amount of infirmaries. Everything from anxiety, pain, glaucoma, insomnia, depression, Parkinson, dandruff and host of other maladies. Could it be people just like to get high? 

I will stick with the occasional glass of whiskey. Judging by the slurred speech patterns of long time pot heads it's my empirical guess that it causes neurological damage. It certainly discourages ambition with habitual use.   

Many of those benefit are due to CBD or the combo of THC and CBD

Alcohol is the much more damaging drug (fact)

Also, if someone is smoking pot all day, every day that's completely different than a few tokes in the evening or a few tokes once a week.  Same obviously goes for alcohol

I assume you've seen plenty of slurred speech from people  who were drunk or even just had a few drinks

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 10:43:37 AM »
Not trying to start a debate for pot usage, but this shit can't be good for you.

if you think that they why did you even try it in the first place

how may people died from cannabis last year and how many people died from alcohol?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 10:46:13 AM »

how may people died from cannabis last year and how many people died from alcohol?

Just wanted to see (or reminded) what the hype was all about.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 10:46:53 AM »

You probably had like the equivalent of five or more drinks, as a person with zero tolerance.

Try <5mg.

THC has amazing effects at the right dose. I won't go over 5mg for the most part, though. For me this is like 1-2 cups of coffee equivalent.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 10:55:20 AM »
It seems like most of the naysayers had a shitload of thc once or twice... OMRs story is ridiculous -- almost 1000mg! That's insane.

If everyone were limited to 5-10mg for their first experience:

A) most people would probably say it "did nothing"
B) you might not be scared to try it again
C) after a few tries, you might see the benefits

THC can make you more open, observant, empathetic, and enhance your senses. It's a shame how many people try a massive dose once and say "never again"--meanwhile using caffeine, alcohol, or nicotine (all much more harmful drugs imo) regularly.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »
You probably had like the equivalent of five or more drinks, as a person with zero tolerance.

Try <5mg.

THC has amazing effects at the right dose. I won't go over 5mg for the most part, though. For me this is like 1-2 cups of coffee equivalent.

How am I supposed to determine that if it's in a relatively small container? For the record, I just can't to that again.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 11:01:43 AM »

Faulty logic. By that reasoning then heroin should be legal because more people die from DWI and alcohol related diseases like liver/ heart complications. One thing for sure highways don't need high drivers that are high going down road. In Colorado in stats taken from the toxicology taken from fatal accident autopsies the amount of drivers sky rocketed with those with marijuana in their system.  Another stat showed that law enforcement ignored DWI  by lower pot DWI arrests under marijuana because it was legal and no legal national limit is set for marijuana and driving. It's a against the law but observation must be established as proof.  Tests can only tell if you used and not the time or date you used it.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 11:06:37 AM »
Faulty logic. By that reasoning then heroin should be legal because more people die from DWI and alcohol related diseases like liver/ heart complications. One thing for sure highways don't need high drivers that are high going down road. In Colorado in stats taken from the toxicology taken from fatal accident autopsies the amount of drivers sky rocketed with those with marijuana in their system.  Another stat showed that law enforcement ignored DWI  by lower pot DWI arrests under marijuana because it was legal and no legal national limit is set for marijuana and driving. It's a against the law but observation must be established as proof.  Tests can only tell if you used and not the time or date you used it.  

I assume you're aware that opioids are used as medicine and there is, like all medicine, a difference between use and abuse

I don't think it's a good idea to operate a vehicle on anything that negatively alters your mental abilities, reaction time etc

it's fine with me if you choose to ignore the facts

let me know the stats on people who die from alcohol abuse compared to cannabis?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 11:06:47 AM »
It seems like most of the naysayers had a shitload of thc once or twice... OMRs story is ridiculous -- almost 1000mg! That's insane.

If everyone were limited to 5-10mg for their first experience:

A) most people would probably say it "did nothing"
B) you might not be scared to try it again
C) after a few tries, you might see the benefits

THC can make you more open, observant, empathetic, and enhance your senses. It's a shame how many people try a massive dose once and say "never again"--meanwhile using caffeine, alcohol, or nicotine (all much more harmful drugs imo) regularly.

Your very probably right.
As a non user & having consumed god knows how much
It wasn’t an experience I’d want to repeat.

Saying that I’d like to try the medicinal cbd/ thc for aches & injuries
Any input as to what is best combination & where I can purchase
Would be much appreciated.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »

I have a few friends who are potheads and I just never understood the appeal either.  After smoking (or eating) the shit my whole day is ruined with just laying around and accomplishing absolutely nothing.  Some people function fine on it and some people can't function without it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »

;) ;) ;) ;)
F

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 11:20:58 AM »
I have a few friends who are potheads and I just never understood the appeal either.  After smoking (or eating) the shit my whole day is ruined with just laying around and accomplishing absolutely nothing.  Some people function fine on it and some people can't function without it.

Yep, it literally left useless and totally unproductive