Author Topic: I don't "get" the american political system  (Read 2398 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
I don't "get" the american political system
« on: December 13, 2018, 12:35:41 PM »
does the senate have more power than the elected president himself? Stupid...

people didn't vote for that stupid senate to decide things

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

also why are these people allowed to be so rude to the president  ??? ??? ???

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: I don't "get" the american political system
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 12:41:58 PM »
We do vote for the senate members actually (each state elects two from their state).

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »
trump should have pulled his cock out

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 12:47:43 PM »
Lefties are pathetic

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »
I smell a snake in the grass

Israels wall IS OK. But America shouldn't have it. Typical jew hypocrisy

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 12:56:09 PM »
We do vote for the senate members actually (each state elects two from their state).
that's fucked either way they shouldn't have more power than the elected president

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »
that's fucked either way they shouldn't have more power than the elected president
They don't.  There are three branches of government in the U.S. 1) The executive office held by the President. 2) the legislative branch which is split in two parts a) house of representatives and b) the senate     and 3) the judicial branch

Each branch has it's own responsibilities and powers.  The president is the most powerful single individual of these people.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 01:11:49 PM »

The central tenant of the system is a series of checks and balances between power-holding bodies of various size and source:

- Only the legislative branch (Congress) can make laws.  Elected by the people for 2- or 6-year terms and can be re-elected infinite times.
- The executive branch (President) can veto those laws.  Congress can then overturn his vetos, but the President can sort of make his own laws (executive orders).  Elected by the people as well to a 4-year term and no more than two terms.
- The judicial branch (Supreme Court) enforces these laws and can overrule them.  Appointed for life by the President.

The President has the most authority/autonomy of any one individual (a single Congressperson or Supreme Court Justice can't do much) but is limited by the checks I described above. It's not perfect but we do have the longest uninterrupted stretch of peaceful transfers of power in recorded human history, so I think it's worked out relatively well all things considered.  

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 01:29:54 PM »
Politics is Hollywood for ugly people.  Just a show.  Politics makes people believe they have a choice and live in a free country.  The reality is, they don't.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 01:55:41 PM »
Politics is Hollywood for ugly people.  Just a show.  Politics makes people believe they have a choice and live in a free country.  The reality is, they don't.
That is a nice apathetic way to look at it.  It makes a big difference on who's in power and makes (and enforces) the law.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 01:58:41 PM »
The best way to understand the US political system is understand it's corrupt as fuck and there is something called "the deep state" who wants new world order.

It's that simple and Trump must be destroyed for them to carry out their agenda.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 02:40:13 PM »

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

The US Senate went to Hell with the passage of the 17th amendment in 1913. Before that time senators were chosen by the state legislatures. That insured that the senators would serve the interest of their home states. After that amendment passed, senators were and still are chosen by the popular vote. And unlike the president, they don't have term limits in the Senate or the House of Representatives. Meaning evil can stay in power till it dies. And then the government started getting even more corrupt.

Senators now serve their own interests primarily. For example, when ahole Hillary became our senator in NY, she did absolutely nothing to improve the standing of NY in the federal government. She only used it to further her career. Schumer does the same, although I will give Senator Grandstand credit for at least trying to look like he cares about the constituents.

From Wiki:  "the word senate derives from the Latin word senex, which means "old man" " Well there you go- our US government has a bunch of old men and old women running the senate, haha.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 04:02:05 PM »
They don't.  There are three branches of government in the U.S. 1) The executive office held by the President. 2) the legislative branch which is split in two parts a) house of representatives and b) the senate     and 3) the judicial branch

Each branch has it's own responsibilities and powers.  The president is the most powerful single individual of these people.

Yeah but he cant do anything unless the senate approves it it seems.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
trump should have pulled his cock out

Haha yea he should have

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 04:37:58 PM »
I smell a snake in the grass

Israels wall IS OK. But America shouldn't have it. Typical jew hypocrisy

Schumer hates Israel. Fake/modern American Jew. He is a snake towards them and towards America.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 05:00:44 PM »
Schumer hates Israel. Fake/modern American Jew. He is a snake towards them and towards America.

Guy should be beaten.Cant stand him.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 06:18:18 PM »
That is a nice apathetic way to look at it.  It makes a big difference on who's in power and makes (and enforces) the law.

Realistic not apathetic.  Trump has merely given us a time extension.  He's kicking the can and adding more debt, just like all the presidents before him.  He was suppose to "drain the swamp", but he surrounded himself with deep state minions.  Why wasn't Hillary locked up as candidate Trump promised?... because they're all in the same club that's why.  It's all an act. 

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Holy shit are you serious?  Did you even attend high school?  It's called checks and balances.  You're obviously a Trump supporter, like him, you're completely fucking clueless on the basics of our government.  WOW.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 06:27:37 PM »
Realistic not apathetic.  Trump has merely given us a time extension.  He's kicking the can and adding more debt, just like all the presidents before him.  He was suppose to "drain the swamp", but he surrounded himself with deep state minions.  Why wasn't Hillary locked up as candidate Trump promised?... because they're all in the same club that's why.  It's all an act. 

She wasn't locked up after how many investigations?  Because they couldn't charge her with shit.  Trump on the other hand is completely fucked.  When he is impeached or loses the next election he will be handed an indictment and spend probably the rest of his life in prison.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 06:29:36 PM »

So you think we should live in a dictatorship?  You should probably have paid attention in high school government class.  Pretty basic shit you don't understand.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »
Quote from: Humble Narcissist ali=topic=650736.msg9141793#msg9141793 date=1544738141
That is a nice apathetic way to look at it.  It makes a big difference on who's in power and makes (and enforces) the law.

lol lol lol

People need to realize that all politicians follow the same agenda,as you can see if you are not retarded.

The world is a liberal shithole,liberalism rules everything,and....

There are no real conservative politicians in power,just FAKE CONSERVATIVES

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 03:43:15 AM »

Say this in North Korea and you'll be in a 4x8 cell squatting in front of the hole you take a crap in waiting for a rat to come out so you have something to eat.

True story, BTW.

Amazing what people take for granted.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 03:46:13 AM »
The best way to understand the US political system is understand it's corrupt as fuck and there is something called "the deep state" who wants new world order.

It's that simple and Trump must be destroyed for them to carry out their agenda.

Corrupt compare to what? What country can you name that has a more honest system and people are held more accountable than the US? How many politicians, government officials and the like go to prison every year for corruption?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 03:51:16 AM »
lol lol lol

People need to realize that all politicians follow the same agenda,as you can see if you are not retarded.

Sure. It made no difference in the world with Carter as president than when Reagan was president. The Soviet Union would have fallen either way.

No difference between an Obama and Trump. They both have the same agenda. Israel would be the first to agree.  ::)

Please tell me you don't vote.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 03:55:15 AM »
lol lol lol

So you think there would have been NO difference if Hillary was elected?  How about having a dem house, dem senate and dem president along with a liberal Supreme Court?  It would make NO difference at all between that or having all republican and conservative control?

Your viewpoint is repeated by simpletons who simply don't want to take the time to learn the different platforms between the parties.  Just because the changes you desire don't miraculously occur when your party is in power (because of a division of power) doesn't mean they are all the same.