Author Topic: I don't "get" the american political system  (Read 2396 times)

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
Re: I don't "get" the american political system
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 03:57:37 AM »
Sure. It made no difference in the world with Carter as president than when Reagan was president. The Soviet Union would have fallen either way.

No difference between an Obama and Trump. They both have the same agenda. Israel would be the first to agree.  ::)

Please tell me you don't vote.

I'm talking about today,not 30 years ago or throughout the entire history.

God fucking dam. :(

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 04:00:35 AM »

I'm talking about today,not 30 years ago or throughout the entire history.

God fucking dam. :(

I'm pretty sure Obama and Trump are pretty recent.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 04:08:31 AM »
So you think there would have been NO difference if Hillary was elected?  How about having a dem house, dem senate and dem president along with a liberal Supreme Court?  It would make NO difference at all between that or having all republican and conservative control?

Your viewpoint is repeated by simpletons who simply don't want to take the time to learn the different platforms between the parties.  Just because the changes you desire don't miraculously occur when your party is in power (because of a division of power) doesn't mean they are all the same.

Just the choice in Judicial nominees that Obama versus Trump nominate makes a huge difference in our country and culture.

The idea when it comes to guns, military spending, taxpayer funding for abortion, same-sex marriage, taxes... that there are no differences between parties and the policies and laws they pass.

People are so ignorant when it comes to politics. It's just not taught anymore in schools and whatever is taught is some politically correct bastardization.

I wonder how many even know the names of the Senators that represent their State and the congressman/woman that represents their district.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 04:19:43 AM »
I don't get it either.  You'd be hard pressed to find someone who feels his interests are being well represented.  Ever.  No matter who is in which seats.

Here:  Everyone in the US has access to the internet somehow.  Enable direct voting on issues.  Big issues, small issues, all issues.  The popular vote will carry no weight (because what if the people are a bunch of goddamn idiots, hacking, etc) but will become a matter of record alongside the votes of every politician.  When the popular vote differs from the politician's a big siren goes off and the guy has to explain his reasons for voting as he did.

Politicians will be on notice.  People will become politically engaged.  The current system isn't bad for a world of distant physical voting booths but we're not there anymore.  People could have a direct say every single day.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 04:28:12 AM »
Just the choice in Judicial nominees that Obama versus Trump nominate makes a huge difference in our country and culture.

The idea when it comes to guns, military spending, taxpayer funding for abortion, same-sex marriage, taxes... that there are no differences between parties and the policies and laws they pass.

People are so ignorant when it comes to politics. It's just not taught anymore in schools and whatever is taught is some politically correct bastardization.

I wonder how many even know the names of the Senators that represent their State and the congressman/woman that represents their district.
Even most voters probably don't know basic civics.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 04:45:13 AM »
Even most voters probably don't know basic civics.

Even so, they still should have a say whether to put a stop sign on Main St or whether their sons will die in an overseas war.  You know, the chance to vote on things that impact your life instead of someone else deciding for you, and you get to live with it.  Democracy, baby.

I'd reason that people's apathy is proportional to their impotence.  And what we got here is a countrywide bouquet of limp penises.  Like Moses told the Pharaoh, "Let my peter grow!"

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2018, 04:54:25 AM »
Even so, they still should have a say whether to put a stop sign on Main St or whether their sons will die in an overseas war.  You know, the chance to vote on things that impact your life instead of someone else deciding for you, and you get to live with it.  Democracy, baby.

I'd reason that people's apathy is proportional to their impotence.  And what we got here is a countrywide bouquet of limp penises.  Like Moses told the Pharaoh, "Let my peter grow!"
You don't die in an overseas war unless you enlist in the military which is totally by choice.  We live in a Democratic Republic not a democracy where we elect the people to run the government and make the laws.  Most people don't even take the time to vote every 2 or 4 years but you think they are going to take time every day or week to vote on mundane stuff like where stop signs should be placed?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2018, 05:01:35 AM »
Schumer hates Israel. Fake/modern American Jew. He is a snake towards them and towards America.

Where are you getting this from? Schumer is a major Zionist who regularly does speeches at AIPAC. He's even called himself a "Guardian of Israel" or something like that.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2018, 05:03:16 AM »
You don't die in an overseas war unless you enlist in the military which is totally by choice.  We live in a Democratic Republic not a democracy where we elect the people to run the government and make the laws.  Most people don't even take the time to vote every 2 or 4 years but you think they are going to take time every day or week to vote on mundane stuff like where stop signs should be placed?

One way to find out.

Ok so that's one vote No on direct democracy from the HN.  Fun, ain't it?

Anyway, if they bump me off for saying so I hereby will my account to whoever tells every woman I ever knew that I died talking about her.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 07:10:15 AM »
The best political system is like the one in Thailand.

A monarchy with a King like a modern Roman Emperor, who is backed by the military and the middle-class.

They prevent peasants, communists and the ignorant masses from taking over the country.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
Holy shit are you serious?  Did you even attend high school?  It's called checks and balances.  You're obviously a Trump supporter, like him, you're completely fucking clueless on the basics of our government.  WOW.

shut the fuck up you leftist cucked piece of shit I didn't grow up in american nor am I american citizen. Also my critisism about the political system is VALID. Also America is doing better than ever with Trump as president so he must be doing better than the dumb fuck you supported before.

The guy is just brilliant

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2018, 04:43:27 PM »
Where are you getting this from? Schumer is a major Zionist who regularly does speeches at AIPAC. He's even called himself a "Guardian of Israel" or something like that.
I'm an idiot apparently with that post. I'll admit it and posted without knowing all of the facts. Just assumed that since he was a democrat that he opposed the move of the embassy to Jerusalem, etc. Apparently he did not and was pretty much the lone democrat who supported it from what I am reading. My bad.

He is an idiot/liar, though, in most other things.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2018, 08:54:29 PM »
I'm an idiot apparently with that post. I'll admit it and posted without knowing all of the facts. Just assumed that since he was a democrat that he opposed the move of the embassy to Jerusalem, etc. Apparently he did not and was pretty much the lone democrat who supported it from what I am reading. My bad.

He is an idiot/liar, though, in most other things.

Not many, if anyone, on this board admits they were wrong -- and with such class and dignity. You display good character. An exceedingly rare trait today.