Author Topic: what is your take on medicine/health?  (Read 2020 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
what is your take on medicine/health?
« on: December 13, 2018, 01:39:47 PM »
doctors are in bed with pharma

alternative/holistic treatment is a mixed bag of woo woo and supplements that might compliment

overall everyone is trying to make a buck

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: what is your take on medicine/health?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:45:42 PM »
btw wyhi?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 01:52:09 PM »
Yeah most everyone is motivated by money but flat-out refusing to see a doctor or treat one's illnesses is foolish.

Stay informed, think critically, and ask questions.  That said, a good physician knows far more about medicine than any layperson, and should generally be trusted.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 02:30:11 PM »
Yeah most everyone is motivated by money but flat-out refusing to see a doctor or treat one's illnesses is foolish.

Stay informed, think critically, and ask questions.  That said, a good physician knows far more about medicine than any layperson, and should generally be trusted.
i agree if i had cancer id rather take chemo/radiation considering the possible lethal side effects than relying on essential oils and crystals

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 02:44:05 PM »

alternative/holistic treatment is a mixed bag of woo woo and supplements that might compliment

First off- I'd hit it but only after a few drinks.

Secondly, we now live way past 70 years old on average, about the longest in history. I don't care who is in bed with whom, unless it's me and a hottie. We now can survive things that were an automatic death sentence 20-30 years ago so I won't complain.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 02:58:30 PM »

I used to think accupuncture was bunk until I was given a free series of treatments for lateral epicondylitis/tennis elbow.  I'm certain I've described this on here before, but in short I was prepared to fake satisfaction until he pulled the pins out of my forearm and I realised the pain had been completely neutralised!  I then 'fessed up to him and he laughingly explained that he didn't believe in any of that 'chi' stuff either, he'd simply located the nerve running to the affected finger and stuck the needles in there, causing temporary disruption of the nerve signal - in other words a little bit of science rather than woo...  Would recommend.

btw wyhi?

Jeez  ::) when she started talking about the guys liver 'resonating' with the homeopathic water in those little bottles I'd heard enough.  Would not hit.
T

falco

• Getbig V

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 06:29:42 AM »

This.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 06:42:08 AM »

Lol that you actually think a good MD knows more than a getbigger!  ::) ::) :D :D
X

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 07:14:21 AM »
Despite modern technology, a lot of it seems like a coin toss.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 07:33:40 AM »
People are simply cash cows for big pharma and the medical industry. 

I've witnessed friends and family members get cancer "treatments".  The "treatments" combined with the hospital costs totaled $100K - 1 mil.  They ALL died several months afterwards.   

Health is more important than anything.  The very last option is to take prescription drugs and/or get medical procedures performed.  Given half a chance, doctors will kill you.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 08:06:35 AM »
A bit unrelated but important none the less ....

I'm more satisfied than most of you guys for a number of reasons as I say below ....

I do realize that decent med coverage will set you back at least $250 - $300 a month here in the good old USA  but ....

I have two (2) med plans that cover everthing health or medically related including totally free gym mrmbership.

One such plan is my VA and VA Choice coverage which covers everything health-wise related and cost me zilch.

The other is my Medicare plan (United Health Care) which the UHC agent had to 'hold a gun to my head' before I'd sign up because I figured that it would be another monthly expense.

But I was WRONG as I've been paying for this throughout my lifetime and it did not add to my monthly expenditure and according to medical sales agents ... it is among the best med coverage plans available which covers all doc visits and travel to those visits, surgeries, hospital stays, dog and snake bites, etc., etc.  

I mention the VA coverage above due to the fact that I meet numerous ex-military dudes and du-dettes (Vets) who have yet to take advantage of their VA medical benefits.

If you are one of those ... I encourage you to sign up immediately as there may be a big MAC truck heading in your direction as we read this GetBig stuff.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 08:14:22 AM »
A bit unrelated but important none the less ....

I'm more satisfied than most of you guys for a number of reasons as I say below ....

I do realize that decent med coverage will set you back at least $250 - $300 a month here in the good old USA  but ....

You've greatly underestimated.

I'm 52, never smoked and have no pre-existing health issues.  I'm totally self-employed.  Cheapest insurance I can find with average coverage is about $550 per month.  It's one of the biggest scams ever.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 08:20:55 AM »

”Live” old people aren’t living these days they just exist.
T

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »
You've greatly underestimated.

I'm 52, never smoked and have no pre-existing health issues.  I'm totally self-employed.  Cheapest insurance I can find with average coverage is about $550 per month.  It's one of the biggest scams ever.

Good thing you drive an old beater so you can afford insurance.
T

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 10:00:50 AM »
ANABOL, Thanks for that monthly med insurance correction.

I've never had to pay for any med plan outside of Medicare which I am totally dumb regarding how it was paid, so I had no idea what today's med plan rates actually are.

And I have no idea what people pay for the Obama plan nor the Trump plan ... nor any other gov assisted plan available today.

I suggest that you all sign up in the military and get VA med benefits later on in your lifetime when you will definitely need it ... ubless that MAC truck hits ya sooner than expected ......  or if you fall off the edge of this flat planet and somehow manage to survive!

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »
If I get ill,, which is rare luckily, I just wait for the illness to fuck off. I once broke my ankle and treated it myself. No wonder im such a warrior in the gym, im a warrior in life.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 10:28:46 AM »
ANABOL, Thanks for that monthly med insurance correction.

I've never had to pay for any med plan outside of Medicare which I am totally dumb regarding how it was paid, so I had no idea what today's med plan rates actually are.

And I have no idea what people pay for the Obama plan nor the Trump plan ... nor any other gov assisted plan available today.

I suggest that you all sign up in the military and get VA med benefits later on in your lifetime when you will definitely need it ... ubless that MAC truck hits ya sooner than expected ......  or if you fall off the edge of this flat planet and somehow manage to survive!
Father was in the Military and never sought VA assistance. He was able to stand on his own feet and not look for handouts. It’s a joke what Vets who never saw combat receive. Injured in combat, sure you deserve the military’s help. Can’t stand these c unts who serve a couple of years, never see combat and receive benefits, FUCK EM!!!
T

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 10:35:30 AM »
People are simply cash cows for big pharma and the medical industry. 

I've witnessed friends and family members get cancer "treatments".  The "treatments" combined with the hospital costs totaled $100K - 1 mil.  They ALL died several months afterwards.   

Health is more important than anything.  The very last option is to take prescription drugs and/or get medical procedures performed.  Given half a chance, doctors will kill you.
I've also seen people who pay hundreds of thousands for cancer treatments and die months later.  The pain and suffering of the treatments just is not worth it.  I've also seen people who had cancer and refused the chemo and radiation and live way longer than expected.  Why do people want to pay big $$$ to stay alive another few weeks or months anyway when they are just suffering?

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »
I've also seen people who pay hundreds of thousands for cancer treatments and die months later.  The pain and suffering of the treatments just is not worth it.  I've also seen people who had cancer and refused the chemo and radiation and live way longer than expected.  Why do people want to pay big $$$ to stay alive another few weeks or months anyway when they are just suffering?
C unt Doctors need to make their Ferrari payments.
T