Author Topic: Artie Lange back in court today  (Read 4744 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Artie Lange back in court today
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 03:32:57 PM »
According to him, the nose is a combo of 3 things that happened close together -

1) He snorted glass mixed with crushed up pills. Apparently in a drug filled stupor, they crushed the pills up with a glass and it broke, and they didn't notice that flecks were still in the powder.

2) The nose got infected, and he never let it heal, which exacerbated that damage done to it from coke use and the glass.

3)  He got punched in the nose by a bookie's muscle for owing money -

https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/939374338855391232?lang=en

So now he has to get the whole thing rebuilt, but the doctors are refusing because his constant drug use keeps causing infections, etc....  There is basically no support structure left in there.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 03:50:55 PM »
I could have sworn he said he was over a month clean on some radio show last week.

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 05:32:08 PM »
Threads like these make me wish Harley Breite was still posting here

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
when you dislike yourself or you just cant be happy with who you are,You start to think everyone sees you like you see yourself.
so you will do drugs to make yourself feel better and in your mind people will then see you the same way

its sad
irongearco.com

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 10:47:21 PM »
He may not make the 2019 dead pool.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2018, 06:38:14 AM »
Sad, really like Artie, amazing he is still alive. He avoided jail time for violating his probation, and going to rehab. Has more lives than a cat.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:32 AM »
Greatest years on Sirius were those early Artie years. Not saying it was all him, but Stern was a different animal with Artie by his side.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2018, 08:55:38 AM »
when you dislike yourself or you just cant be happy with who you are,You start to think everyone sees you like you see yourself.
so you will do drugs to make yourself feel better and in your mind people will then see you the same way

NAILED IT.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2018, 12:58:25 PM »
Sad, really like Artie, amazing he is still alive. He avoided jail time for violating his probation, and going to rehab. Has more lives than a cat.

The first 2 or 3 years of The Stern Show on Sirius was the best radio I have ever listened to. 

I never cared much for his stand up but as a sidekick to Howard, man that guy was about as good as I gets.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2018, 01:03:29 PM »
Yes they were an awesome team.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2018, 07:52:57 PM »

I have less sympathy.  It's not like there was some understandable confusion on his part, where he really thought he was bettering himself.  If he couldn't find the strength of character to stop living a lie in the face of stark reality, like his nose falling off, then boo fucking hoo.

We've got billions of people earning hard yards one by one for just enough to stay alive.  How bad am I really supposed to feel for some libertine jellygut who rides his expensive drug habit to the end of the line.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 05:54:09 AM »
The first 2 or 3 years of The Stern Show on Sirius was the best radio I have ever listened to. 

I never cared much for his stand up but as a sidekick to Howard, man that guy was about as good as I gets.
Agreed! I had Sirius in my car, was always driving for my business. Definitely the best years of the Stern show.