Author Topic: This really activates my almonds...  (Read 1517 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
This really activates my almonds...
« on: December 20, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »
 ???
a

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: This really activates my almonds...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 06:30:23 PM »
2008 to 2016.....wonder who was credited for "turning around Bushs economy"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 07:01:00 PM »
EOIR = Equal opportunity interest rates.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 04:44:33 AM »
The problem with having zero interest rates is that the Fed has nothing to work with to manipulate the economy.

No bullets.

Raising interest rates will mean short-term pain for stock market investors.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 05:26:20 AM »
Why the Fed raised rates

The U.S. economy added just 155,000 jobs in November, falling short of analysts’ expectations. But the Fed maintained a fairly optimistic view of economic conditions in its statement, noting that “job gains have been strong, on average, in recent months.” GDP growth is solid and at 3.7 percent, the unemployment rate is still low by historical standards.

Though most workers haven’t gotten a raise in the past year, annual wage growth (3.1 percent) is higher than it’s been in nearly a decade. Even though the labor market is said by some experts to be approaching full employment, there are still plenty of positions left to fill.

“Employers are forced to compete more for workers and that’s what is driving the wage growth so much higher,” says Sean Snaith, director of the University of Central Florida’s Institute for Economic Competitiveness. “t’s not out of control wage growth, but it is the fastest that we’ve seen to date in this recovery and I think it’s really consistent with a tightening labor market.”

Inflation is near 2 percent and the Fed thinks it will remain below that target in 2019. But FOMC members didn’t hesitate to raise rates in an effort to continue normalizing interest rates and prevent prices from rising too fast in the future. In a press conference following the December meeting, Jerome Powell also noted that rates this year were raised more times than expected because the economy was stronger and healthier than expected.

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/federal-reserve/fomc-recap/

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 05:37:21 AM »
The problem with having zero interest rates is that the Fed has nothing to work with to manipulate the economy.

No bullets.

Raising interest rates will mean short-term pain for stock market investors.

There is another way of looking at it. The fed is essentially controlled by the big banks, unless you believe a bunch of academic economists are the ones calling the shots.  When interest rates are raised, this causes, and, in many cases, forces stock market players to take cash positions allowing “The House,” the big banks, to accumulate stocks at favorable prices.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 05:13:21 PM »
There is another way of looking at it. The fed is essentially controlled by the big banks, unless you believe a bunch of academic economists are the ones calling the shots.  When interest rates are raised, this causes, and, in many cases, forces stock market players to take cash positions allowing “The House,” the big banks, to accumulate stocks at favorable prices.

You also can accumulate stocks at favorable prices.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 02:21:16 AM »
You also can accumulate stocks at favorable prices.

True, but Poker is a lot easier game when you can see the other guys’ cards.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 04:23:57 AM »
True, but Poker is a lot easier game when you can see the other guys’ cards.

We just get to fight over the scraps.