Author Topic: DC Relinquishes Belt  (Read 4216 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
DC Relinquishes Belt
« on: December 29, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »

keanu

• Getbig IV
Re: DC Relinquishes Belt
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:37:01 AM »
DC doesn't want JJ. He knows it is a bad match up for him. I hope someone comes up to take out JJ.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 11:36:58 AM »
He should have been banned for life. Instead he gets a third pardon?  Cormier should fight him juiced to the gills and put a beating on him. I would really like to see if Jones has the same level of fight in him without the assist. I don't blame Cormier. 

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 11:54:40 AM »
You really think cormier is clean? 40 years old and at the top of a worldwide game?

Is this getbig  :-\

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 02:17:18 PM »
You really think cormier is clean? 40 years old and at the top of a worldwide game?

The dude is as clean as surgical instruments.

His cardio is the best. He keeps his heart rate elevated on the bike and then spars.

He can't use steroids, hes fatter than mark hunt.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 03:31:26 PM »

Bodybuilding is a sport based on drug use. No drugs and the sport goes away. No more Olympia.  The fans of bodybuilding have the mentality that all athletes are juiced because it's 100% in pro bodybuilding. Yes, there are many many top athletes who are completely clean. At least other sports are tested. If bodybuilding was tested according to Olympic standards the entire Olympia contestant line up would be gone. Pro bodybuilding did have a test but it wasn't for steroids. It was diuretics but they advertised it as Olympic level testing.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »
Anyone else thinks this is too coincidental?

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/daniel-cormier-relinquishes-light-heavyweight-title-ufc-232-jon-jones-dana-white

Why? It was understood that he was going to have his LW title taken away as soon as JJ fight took place. From a historical point of view having being stripped of the title makes you look bad instead relinquishing it because you moved up a weight class.

The UFC absolutely doesn't want one person holding two titles simultaneously.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »
I can't stand jon jones..he will probably win..but im rooting for gus
irongearco.com

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 05:27:20 PM »
Why? It was understood that he was going to have his LW title taken away as soon as JJ fight took place. From a historical point of view having being stripped of the title makes you look bad instead relinquishing it because you moved up a weight class.

The UFC absolutely doesn't want one person holding two titles simultaneously.

Other than that, It's a great segway for him to leave the UFC because of this Jones controversy. If he decides he wants to come out of retirement, it won't be with the UFC.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »
Other than that, It's a great segway for him to leave the UFC because of this Jones controversy. If he decides he wants to come out of retirement, it won't be with the UFC.

I don’t think he’s retiring, just handing over the LW belt. He’s still keeping the HW belt from what I understand.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 06:15:44 PM »
DC is def clean imo.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »
DC is def clean imo.

u gotta admit the fight with the black beast was a total work
A

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »
UFC is on the slide, big gamble on supporting Jones, but i think most of us are over it, it no longer delivers value for money as a product. Luffa the big winners selling it at peak value, no way they would buy it back even for 50% of what they got.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 06:38:18 PM »
UFC is on the slide, big gamble on supporting Jones, but i think most of us are over it, it no longer delivers value for money as a product. Luffa the big winners selling it at peak value, no way they would buy it back even for 50% of what they got.
ufc is here to stay until someones eye rolls on the canvas or throat collapses from a karate neck chop
A

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 08:43:37 PM »
Chess move...he ends up being the only UFC guy H/LH that can test clean and ends up keeping the belt anyway.   ;D

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 09:47:50 PM »

Agree and tonights card is a prime example. Nunes was a nice surprise and druggie vs sleep walker was predictable. Rest of the card sucked.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 09:56:44 PM »
Agree and tonights card is a prime example. Nunes was a nice surprise and druggie vs sleep walker was predictable. Rest of the card sucked.

The cards (and the UFC in general) was much better before Joe Silva left. It’s basically been a shit show and on the decline since

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 10:03:34 PM »
The cards (and the UFC in general) was much better before Joe Silva left. It’s basically been a shit show and on the decline since

Only one draw left for ppv other than that a yawn fest. 

Am I missing something?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 10:16:07 PM »
ufc is here to stay until someones eye rolls on the canvas or throat collapses from a karate neck chop
ufc is like k1 now,  same guys beating the shit out of each other over and over

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2018, 11:15:06 PM »
I disagree fella's.  I think tonights card was excellent and delivered. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 03:37:39 AM »
DC is def clean imo.

Why do they drug test in any of these sports anymore?  Competitors in every sport are constantly learning new ways to beat the test and it's a never ending chase to catch them.  Why not just let them take whatever they want?  Is it the for insurance and licensing reasons?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 11:33:56 AM »

The excitement of the UFC, and MMA, in general, is past its peak, no doubt.

This JJ broohaha is purely horseshit. The whole deal stinks to high hell.

On a side note, I, too, very much dislike Jon. I’d love to see him get his lights put out.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2018, 01:06:34 PM »
Why do they drug test in any of these sports anymore?  Competitors in every sport are constantly learning new ways to beat the test and it's a never ending chase to catch them.  Why not just let them take whatever they want?  Is it the for insurance and licensing reasons?

Then athletes would be playing by different rules than "the rest of society". So it becomes a broader issue: should steroids be legal in general?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2018, 04:04:21 PM »
Then athletes would be playing by different rules than "the rest of society". So it becomes a broader issue: should steroids be legal in general?
If pot is why not steroids?  Those athletes don't play by the rules of the rest of society anyway.  Who goes around kicking, punching and grappling each other like in the cage?  Answer: prisoners

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2018, 07:20:03 PM »
If pot is why not steroids?  Those athletes don't play by the rules of the rest of society anyway.  Who goes around kicking, punching and grappling each other like in the cage?  Answer: prisoners

Good point, but plenty of people aren't happy about that. MMA was illegal in some states until recently. Drugs pose a similar, but larger "problem"... So there's more resistance.