Author Topic: Actor Neal McDonough says he lost a job because he refused to do a sex scene  (Read 9615 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

“I won’t kiss any other woman because these lips are meant for one woman,” McDonough said of his wife.

“When [creator] Marc Cherry signed me, I said, ‘I’m sure you know, but I won’t kiss anybody,'” McDonough recalled. “He was like, ‘But this is Desperate Housewives!’ I said, ‘I know.’ He paused for about five seconds and said, ‘All right, I’m just going to have to write better.’

The father of five was then asked whether he was surprised when his stance on sex scenes got him “fired from Scoundrels,” which aired on ABC from June to August 2010 before it was canceled. McDonough had been cast on the show but was replaced by another actor after three days, reportedly because he wouldn’t film sex scenes with the show’s star, Virginia Madsen. At the time, the network chalked it up to a simple casting change. ABC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“I was [surprised], and it was a horrible situation for me,” McDonough said. “After that, I couldn’t get a job because everybody thought I was this religious zealot. I am very religious. I put God and family first and me second. That’s what I live by. It was hard for a few years. Then [Band of Brothers producer] Graham Yost called me and said, ‘Hey, I want you to be the bad guy on Justified. I knew that was my shot back at the title.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/actor-neal-mcdonough-says-lost-job-refused-sex-scene-hard-years-230129301.html

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.

“I won’t kiss any other woman because these lips are meant for one woman,” McDonough said of his wife.

“When [creator] Marc Cherry signed me, I said, ‘I’m sure you know, but I won’t kiss anybody,'” McDonough recalled. “He was like, ‘But this is Desperate Housewives!’ I said, ‘I know.’ He paused for about five seconds and said, ‘All right, I’m just going to have to write better.’

The father of five was then asked whether he was surprised when his stance on sex scenes got him “fired from Scoundrels,” which aired on ABC from June to August 2010 before it was canceled. McDonough had been cast on the show but was replaced by another actor after three days, reportedly because he wouldn’t film sex scenes with the show’s star, Virginia Madsen. At the time, the network chalked it up to a simple casting change. ABC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“I was [surprised], and it was a horrible situation for me,” McDonough said. “After that, I couldn’t get a job because everybody thought I was this religious zealot. I am very religious. I put God and family first and me second. That’s what I live by. It was hard for a few years. Then [Band of Brothers producer] Graham Yost called me and said, ‘Hey, I want you to be the bad guy on Justified. I knew that was my shot back at the title.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/actor-neal-mcdonough-says-lost-job-refused-sex-scene-hard-years-230129301.html
guys been in a ton of movies
p

Fortress

• Getbig V
I’ve always liked this dude. Now I like him more.

Man who holds firm to his convictions.

I’m not a god guy, but any man who is so committed to his wife and family is a man of integrity. I’m not saying it’s wrong (or right) for a married actor to kiss a fellow thespian in a production. But each has to decide for himself what he’s comfortable with.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
an actor that refuse to act.

::)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
He can be Mike Pence's running mate in 2024.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

I’m not a god guy, but any man who is so committed to his wife and family is a man of integrity. I’m not saying it’s wrong (or right) for a married actor to kiss a fellow thespian in a production. But each has to decide for himself what he’s comfortable with.

Agreed.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda

Good for him for standing steadfast on his principles.

And it paid off, he has been in a lot of stuff and will make pezos without caring for the demands on romcom-creators.

He can always play villain in TV-series.
Q

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Good for him for standing steadfast on his principles.

And it paid off, he has been in a lot of stuff and will make pezos without caring for the demands on romcom-creators.

He can always play villain in TV-series.

LOL

fredrollon

• Getbig III

Haha, yes!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Yet still gets hired and paid well.   :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Good on him!!!

Plays a great bad guy

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Good on him!!!

Plays a great bad guy

Good guy who plays a great bad guy?  Must be a great actor.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
I won’t kiss any other woman because these lips are meant for one woman,” McDonough said of his wife.

But would he kiss another man?

Tough call. Having and standing by your convictions is good, but when it's part of your job and you refuse to do it, could be detrimental, as I'm sure he has noticed. Why sign up for acting, when you know sex scenes or simply romantic scenes involving a kiss might be needed in probably half your roles? I wonder if he would be amenable to kiss another person if asked to play the biblical role of Judas?

Either way, haven't seen him in too many films, but his wife looks like a strong women with convictions of her own.

"1"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
I won’t kiss any other woman because these lips are meant for one woman,” McDonough said of his wife.

But would he kiss another man?

Tough call. Having and standing by your convictions is good, but when it's part of your job and you refuse to do it, could be detrimental, as I'm sure he has noticed. Why sign up for acting, when you know sex scenes or simply romantic scenes involving a kiss might be needed in probably half your roles? I wonder if he would be amenable to kiss another person if asked to play the biblical role of Judas?

Judas didn't kiss Jesus on the lips.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
fake news, photo or else it happened

besides one more rep didn't say whither a pair of lips was involved; )

As you wish:

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Judas didn't kiss Jesus on the lips.

Did he strictly state that his lips just couldn't kiss another woman on her lips or did he leave it open to interpretation with regards to where the kiss could be planted?

I'm assuming his lips wouldn't touch another woman regardless of body part. Lips, hips, shoulders, breasts, back, vagina wouldn't matter, since he only has lips for one woman, that being his wife. I doubt he would be open to kissing another woman on the neck, because that too would be sensual in nature.

I more concerned/wondering as to whether his lips are closed for business when it involves men as well.

"1"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Did he strictly state that his lips just couldn't kiss another woman on her lips or did he leave it open to interpretation with regards to where the kiss could be planted?

I'm assuming his lips wouldn't touch another woman regardless of body part. Lips, hips, shoulders, breasts, back, vagina wouldn't matter, since he only has lips for one woman, that being his wife. I doubt he would be open to kissing another woman on the neck, because that too would be sensual in nature.

I wonder whether his lips are closed for business when it involves men as well.

"1"

Just guessing he probably would be okay kissing on the cheek an actor playing Jesus, or a woman playing his daughter, mother, sister, etc., but probably not okay kissing anyone on the lips male or female.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV

I wonder whether his lips are closed for business when it involves men as well.
"1"
Of course you wonder that. I wonder when Sharia law takes effect how many more gay posts you’ll make before they toss you off of your apartment rooftop.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He can be Mike Pence's running mate in 2024.
              that was my first thought on several levels they are very similar.
F

Griffith

• Getbig V
Of course you wonder that. I wonder when Sharia law takes effect how many more gay posts you’ll make before they toss you off of your apartment rooftop.

Sharia Law will not take hold in the West, it is incompatible with Western Civilisation and civilisation in general.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V

Sharia law? You know that sure keeps me up at night. The sheer thought of ISIS-like forces one day taking over the USA.  

I'm a middle-aged, gay, white man who happens to be Jewish and I live in New York City. I am not living in Iran. From where I sit/live, those attributes classify me as being privileged. I'm living in the right city to be all those things. NYC is like a mecca for all things gay/lesbian, Jews control this city (with all due respect, we own everything around New York) and I'm white (not my fault, just born that way).

I know Muhammad was all about tossing gay men from the top of hills and then stoning them for good measure, but to be fair, he wasn't living in the US of A. In America (fuck yea), Muhammad would be pushing a fruit cart down Times Square while getting chased by the cops for not having a permit. His Mosque would be owned by Jews, who would muscle him out by raising his rents year to year and his accountant (oh yeah, another Jew) would rob him blind of his questionable earnings.

So, yep, not worried. Also, from as far as I can tell, the USA just keeps pouring money and protection into Israel, while it's slowly erasing most lands inhabited by Islamic extremists.

See you from the rooftops, your favorite gay Jew,

"1"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
I'm a middle-aged, gay, white man who happens to be Jewish and I live in New York City. I am not living in Iran. From where I sit/live, those attributes classify me as being privileged. I'm living in the right city to be all those things. NYC is like a mecca for all things gay/lesbian, Jews control this city (with all due respect, we own everything around New York) and I'm white (not my fault, just born that way).
"1"

Anti-Semitic post reported.

"1"

Racist post reported.   :D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.

X2

I admire his courage of his convictions
A decent man by sound of it.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
what if every woman in movie history would've refused any nude scenes, kisses, touching etc would you "admire her courage of her convictions" "a decent woman by the soundof it"

but why stop there? let's have actors, refuse to play certain roles, use certain language etc.

that should do wonders for the movie making...

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
She's enormous. I'm guessing 6'4" 295 pounds.
a